IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 15

happy atheist

2 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

In Touch posted this about an hour ago.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jim-bob-michelle-duggar-baby-adoption-80955

My personal favorite highlight

I'm not saying that adoption isn't a good thing, because I firmly believe that if you have the means and you aren't a messed up person, you should absolutely do it if you feel pulled towards that way of expanding your family. What I am saying is that I don't think Jim Bob and Michelle would be good parents to anymore children, either through some miracle where J'chelle got pregnant or through adoption. They aren't even good parents to the ones they already have.

Anyone else think this is just an attempt to get some more good, wholesome, family values publicity?

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

Anyone else think this is just an attempt to get some more good, wholesome, family values publicity?

I'm sure that's exactly what it is.  Or a bid to try and get themselves back on the air.  "How will a family with 19 kids adjust to an adopted baby?" or some other stupid hook

Most states have limits on how many kids you can have and still adopt, and they require special permission to make an exception. I just can't see them getting that permission with their failure to protect their present children.

1 hour ago, bashfulpixie said:

I'm sure that's exactly what it is.  Or a bid to try and get themselves back on the air.  "How will a family with 19 kids adjust to an adopted baby?" or some other stupid hook

Toss it off to Jana and go off to hump like weasels. Mullet won't give a shit about anything she can't slap on a My Breast Friend.No way they would take a child older than an infant. It could have a personality and feelings OF ITS OWN BEFORE THEN.

Though I am fully convinced that NO agency anywhere would give them a child, domestic OR international. It would HAVE to be some "sweet precious blessing" who got mixed up and wanted her baby to become a Duggar. 

4 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jim-bob-michelle-duggar-baby-adoption-8095

I'm not saying that adoption isn't a good thing, because I firmly believe that if you have the means and you aren't a messed up person, you should absolutely do it if you feel pulled towards that way of expanding your family. What I am saying is that I don't think Jim Bob and Michelle would be good parents to anymore children, either through some miracle where J'chelle got pregnant or through adoption. They aren't even good parents to the ones they already have.

We can only hope that between the Joshley mess, the size of the family already and the ages of JB and Michelle, no social worker will approve and no court agree to the adoption.  Michelle needs to make do with grandchildren if she wants babies to pose with in pictures.

5 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jim-bob-michelle-duggar-baby-adoption-80955

My personal favorite highlight

Can Michelle and J-Boob even legally adopt, considering the molestation that went on repeatedly under their parental authority? That should be a huge red flag, even if Josh technically is an "adult" no longer under their roof.

10 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

More like "how does a mother who barely gives a shadow of a fuck about her 19 biological children adjust to her new pet baby that she will dote on for the cameras and then dump on her oldest daughter?"

Just get Michelle a ReBorn doll. All of the creepiness, none of the harm to an actual child.

15 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Gahh! That line plus your avatar of Tim Curry in full "Rocky Horror Picture Show" makeup!

:laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-rolling:

Didn't catch that until now. :GPn0zNK:

So long as it's Frank N Furter disciplining me, then I'll be fine. ;)

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 1:38 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

An experienced, good player playing a recorder is a joy to hear. A child blowing a toy recorder as hard as she can shrill is capable of   breaking one's eardrums and spirit. 

Reminds me of the South Park episode where all of the kids throughout the country had to play the recorder along w/Yoko Ono & Kenny G. It was funny, especially when they found the "brown note".  :my_biggrin:

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

More like "how does a mother who barely gives a shadow of a fuck about her 19 biological children adjust to her new pet baby that she will dote on for the cameras and then dump on her oldest daughter?"

Just get Michelle a ReBorn doll. All of the creepiness, none of the harm to an actual child.

Perfect idea.  A baby that never grows up.  Because we all know that Michelle stops caring as soon as they start to develop personality.

If they apply thru Social Services, they will be knocked on their ear. The System is full of kids w/baggage, devastating disabilities, autism & sexual abuse. Then there's the older kids up for adoption. They steal, kill your pets & set fire to the house. Once the papers are signed, you can't take them back. I'm sure they can't manage one of those. Then there's the Josh issue. I don't think even a private adoption would go thru, thanks to that little kerfuffle.

14 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Once the papers are signed, you can't take them back.

I'm guessing they wouldn't go for a rehoming? as in take a kid that some other family has decided doesn't check all the boxes for their dream family. I get the idea that regulations are non-existent there.

I'm sure their first choice would be a baby that they had personally saved from being aborted. Imagine all the heavenly bonus points they could score.

Also are they planning to adopt on behalf of Jessa and Ben, or one up them?

1 hour ago, amyand4 said:

00a0a_lxvkyDpsRFe_600x450.jpg.08e78d4c7fDoesn't this look like Jimboob on the shelf?

eewww it does look like him!  what nightmares are made of 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said: More like "how does a mother who barely gives a shadow of a fuck about her 19 biological children adjust to her new pet baby that she will dote on for the cameras and then dump on her oldest daughter?"

Perfect idea.  A baby that never grows up.  Because we all know that Michelle stops caring as soon as they start to develop personality.

Why didn't someone hand the a woman a baby doll 25 years ago? Or even a teacup yorkie.

2 hours ago, Cerealgirl said:

Why didn't someone hand the a woman a baby doll 25 years ago? Or even a teacup yorkie.

Don't put a dog in that situation. There are enough pets in the animal shelters already. Puppies grow up to become dogs with personality and she wouldn't take care of him/her. The Duggars don't even take care of the mystery pets (maybe it's my cat, maybe it's the neighbors cat, where is Mackenzie's kitten?) they have now. They should not be given more living things to mock care for. The fur kid might end up homeless when it stopped being a cute baby like her other human kids. (I really hope Jinger, Joy, and others treat dogs & cats better then their parents.)    

But looking at both sides - I bet there are older children/teens, and sibling groups in foster care right now that would love to be a part of the Duggar family/cult. Being older kids they don't have a good chance of being adopted. It's hard out there alone. It would be a home at least and the somebody to care about them.    

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 6:45 AM, LadyCrow1313 said:

Yep. Our school district has recorder in 4th grade followed by band in 5th. I'm glad there's still music in schools.

OK. For some reason, I can't get rid of this quote, so just ignore it.

Older kids in foster care would have a hard time fitting in with the Duggars. They'vd been moved around so much to different homes, each with diffefent rules. Most of themarE resentful and have a sense of entitlement. They are not grateful.

Sorry for the messy typing, I can't backspace or correct. 

I think a handbag dog might be just the ticket-- something she can carry around all day and coo at.  I can easily imagine Meechelle becoming nuts over a little toy dog.  I've known several women who were indifferent to their grandkids but became besotted by their chihuahua or Maltese.

As to the question of placing an older child with problems that would love to have a safe home--I can't see the Duggars going for that.  Lord knows they have never done much parenting before why would they turn around and become super parents for non-biological children?  I would be astonished if Jim Bob and Michelle adopted any child older than 18 mos because they will want a blank slate with no baggage or bad habits.

Mostly though, I think this is just a way to get headlines.  Until I hear it from the Duggars themselves I won't believe it.

On 12/14/2015 at 9:56 AM, Timetostoplurking said:

One thing that stuck out was.....for a family that claims to dislike media attention, they sure seemed to like the media attention.  :my_confused:

YES. They should all just shut up. If they want to talk it should be with REAL mental health professionals and family therapists.

43 minutes ago, GreenTea said:

Or even a teacup yorkie.

I want one!

18 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Mostly though, I think this is just a way to get headlines.  Until I hear it from the Duggars themselves I won't believe it.

No matter how you look at it, this sounds like a stunt. Whether its false and they are simply looking for page views/magazine sales or it is true and the family is trying to get themselves back into the good graces of the public - it is simply a ploy.

On December 16, 2015 at 9:45 AM, LadyCrow1313 said:

I did the recorder thing in elementary school, too, then played (for a very brief time) the trombone & piano. I wish I'd stuck w/the piano & hadn't been a brat about not practicing. I have picked up the ukulele & guitar, but I haven't done anything w/them as of yet. I need discipline. :P

I had the same discipline problem with flute, piano, and guitar. I greatly regret quitting piano and guitar (not so much flute...), I really want to get back to it but I'm lazy. And I haven't played guitar in over 5 years and probably need to restring it but have no idea how, haha.

I also had to play recorder in 3rd grade, and then we got to pick a real instrument in 4th. I picked flute because I was too small to carry anything else :pb_lol: 

Yes their history with pets is very fishy. The little dog was a sarcastic suggestion because it's something that stays little forever, unlike human babies.

Has this been discussed before? Remember that Ashleigh-fake-blog that claimed she knows the Duggars personally? It's gone! I guess the media attention must've finally got to her. Thanks for the laughs, Ashleigh.:pb_lol:

According to Pickles, the Duggars went on their annual candy handout I mean mission on Dec. 4. Probably home now. All that work is exhausting

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived