IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 15

happy atheist

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's set to appear as to be about the Josh cheating scandal. Banner says "Duggar Family Addresses Scandals" with "Josh's Wife Speaks About Infidelity For First Time" under that. But....

Ugggghhhhhh. It's still basically ALL about Jill and Jessa, with tiny 2 second  blurps here and there showing Anna crying daintily, playing with the baby, saying the very minimal amount about her actual feelings, nothing really other than "it hurts."  GMA reached out to Josh, but he declined to respond. 

My thoughts? Back off of the cosmetics, please, girls. My good god. 

The GMA story was just some clips of the upcoming show.  Jill saying that if they knew the whole story they wouldn't have defended Josh after the molestation came out.  There are going to be interviews with some of the older kids.  Jinger, Joe, and Jana looking somber.  Anna thinking she would wake up and it would all be a bad dream.

just saw the GMA clip 

the sisters ( I am assumiing  both Jill and Jessa)  and everyone else (Joe is in it) said to a degree (at least to what they are allowed to be upset by) 

Jill spoke and says on the special they shouldn't have gone on the Megan Kelly show and spoke so soon. - THEY WERE PISSED !!! 

and basically the people who say this is bringing them all back is TRUE 

basically Jill in my opinion is dabbing While either Anna is drugged or in the kool aide so deep she can't comprend what really is going on 

and we won't hear the TRUTH - we will still hear keeping sweet crap but throwing under the bus a bit

but the fact that they are throwing him under the bus a bit is good 

16 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Wait, what? Jill throwing josh under the bus? Who's going to buy it now?

it's a great to see - Jill dabbing her eyes 

the announcer saying they wished they knew the full story before defending him - and jill saying it wasn't right for him 

to let us speak our words without having full knowledge 

WOW - again - can you imagine 

really deep stuff 

basically I would say she was embarrassed 

and that is michelle and JB pressuring the daughters  = the married ones !!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I agree. There's no way they would have admitted that what he did as a teenager was bad even if they'd known about the Ashley Madison scandal.  That would have meant admitting that his "treatment" was ineffective, that he was more than just curious, that JB and Michelle were unfair to Anna to marry him off to her, that their parenting and lifestyle were part of the  problem.

More like, if they'd known about his infidelities, and that they were going to come to light, they wouldn't have stood up for him.  Instead, they would have withdrawn from the media.  He has made them out to be fools, and that's what they see is the problem, not what he actually did.

3 minutes ago, Karma said:

Yes, I agree. There's no way they would have admitted that what he did as a teenager was bad even if they'd known about the Ashley Madison scandal.  That would have meant admitting that his "treatment" was ineffective, that he was more than just curious, that JB and Michelle were unfair to Anna to marry him off to her, that their parenting and lifestyle were part of the  problem.

More like, if they'd known about his infidelities, and that they were going to come to light, they wouldn't have stood up for him.  Instead, they would have withdrawn from the media.  He has made them out to be fools, and that's what they see is the problem, not what he actually did.

That is exactly true - they were made out to look like fools - and ineffectively Michelle and JB were made to look even worse.

I wonder if it is true that Michelle Slapped Josh across the head when she found out - i read that somewhere 

and I think that is the true reason Jill escaped to wherever she is

Sad that the only reason that they are backpedaling is because they are embarrassed and have lost the show. They are calculating people, and not in a good or intelligent way.

These folks will say anything to potentially get back on TV and get that easy money and fame flowing again.

ITA about Jill hiding out. Jill is not use to being wrong or thought of as "bad." IMO, she is fragile. Jessa and Ben might be PO'd, Jill is sad.

If Anna was so destroyed by this, why doesn't she grow a pair, do what's right for she and her kids, and divorce Smugs? She's setting a horrible example by staying with him. Molestation is not okay, Anna! Open your eyes, Anna. This is true.

Here's a clip of the GMA shitshow.

http://perezhilton.com/2015-12-09-anna-duggar-josh-duggar-jill-duggar-jessa-duggar-jill-and-jessa-counting-on-scandal

That GMA clip was a joke. Just stuff from the TLC show. Jill kept saying YOU feel betrayed, etc. No Jill, I don't feel the same way as you. YOU need to own your feelings.

"they have such a big fanbase. They want people to know they're moving on in positivity." No. They want people to know they're holding onto the TLC gravy train for dear life.

ETA: quote from end of GMA clip.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Sad that the only reason that they are backpedaling is because they are embarrassed and have lost the show. They are calculating people, and not in a good or intelligent way.

These folks will say anything to potentially get back on TV and get that easy money and fame flowing again.

ITA about Jill hiding out. Jill is not use to being wrong or thought of as "bad." IMO, she is fragile. Jessa and Ben might be PO'd, Jill is sad.

No it makes sense

they feel betrayed twice by josh and probably rightfully so pissed

i wonder if they now still defend him to their parents or tell them shut up

The GMA story was just some clips of the upcoming show.  Jill saying that if they knew the whole story they wouldn't have defended Josh after the molestation came out.  There are going to be interviews with some of the older kids.  Jinger, Joe, and Jana looking somber.  Anna thinking she would wake up and it would all be a bad dream.

JFC! Why is sibling molestation ok with these people but adultery is where they draw the line? THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE YOU DUGGARS.

17 minutes ago, Cerealgirl said:

JFC! Why is sibling molestation ok with these people but adultery is where they draw the line? THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE YOU DUGGARS.

Think of it this way... If something happened 12 years ago and in your head you got over it and forgave them would you be as angry about it as something fresh that happened? 

Now there is a chance that they actually do see the adultery as worse as the molestations. But I can see how right now they are more angry about the more recent events than something that happened a decade ago. 

Also the molestations could have maybe been teenage curiosity. Doubt it, but maybe. At least thats how they see it. The adultery shows patterns that he isn't repentant. They are having to face some serious character flaws in Josh right now. 

14 minutes ago, Cerealgirl said: JFC! Why is sibling molestation ok with these people but adultery is where they draw the line? THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE YOU DUGGARS.

Think of it this way... If something happened 12 years ago and in your head you got over it and forgave them would you be as angry about it as something fresh that happened? 

Now there is a chance that they actually do see the adultery as worse as the molestations. But I can see how right now they are more angry about the more recent events than something that happened a decade ago. 

I get that. But they still dismissed his teenage actions as not a big deal. I'm over confrontations from a long time ago but I'll still tell you that those people were sucky.

1 minute ago, Cerealgirl said:

I get that. But they still dismissed his teenage actions as not a big deal. I'm over confrontations from a long time ago but I'll still tell you that those people were sucky.

Yeah... they handled that entire situation poorly. Both when it happened and when it was released to the public

You know, they could've had more sympathy after the first scandal broke if they had just been real. No one would fault them for loving their brother/son no matter what and having forgiveness in their heart like true Christians if they had been genuine. Instead they acted secretly and defensively towards the media and lied on national tv. That's no way to earn sympathy. Many families deal with skeletons but how toy handle it is what defines you and that's why they'll never have their reputation as a great family back.

I love how it was advertised as a "surprise visit" when it seems it was just clips from upcoming show.  Did they back out of the interview, was the interview canceled or was it always just going to be clips?  If I am mistaken and they really were there I apologize, but I don't watch GMA :)

1 hour ago, xlurker said:

I love how it was advertised as a "surprise visit" when it seems it was just clips from upcoming show.  Did they back out of the interview, was the interview canceled or was it always just going to be clips?  If I am mistaken and they really were there I apologize, but I don't watch GMA :)

They weren't there.  I don't know how it was advertised.  Only found out there would be a segment on GMA through Freejinger. I think it was always just going to be clips since Jill's deep in the field and Jessa has a newborn so probably wouldn't travel with him.  I would like to hear what Jana, Jinger, Joe and Anna have to say more than Jill and Jessa.  Jessa saying something about 'we never said we were perfect' is really aggravating.  They sure acted like they thought they were perfect.

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

That GMA clip was a joke. Just stuff from the TLC show. Jill kept saying YOU feel betrayed, etc. No Jill, I don't feel the same way as you. YOU need to own your feelings.

she won't ever own her own feelings -hell jessa can't even name her own child after she gives birth to him 

these girls will never own their own feelings 

not allowed and not allowed to say 

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived