• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EmCatlyn

• MakeItSo

• Cerealgirl

• Bad Wolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry if someone else already posted this but, LOOK!! Someone's been reading Free Jinger too much.  "Seaweed"  I took a double take. 

My good friends husband is an Australian SAS (special force) soldier... kinda like SEAL Team 6... one of the most uber masculine men you would ever meet... They have 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy. Hubby w

JFC! Why is sibling molestation ok with these people but adultery is where they draw the line? THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE YOU DUGGARS.

Posted Images

ClaraOswin

I don't understand why these idiots keep reposting old blog entries as if they are new. The JB one made me angry reading it a 2nd time. How can they not see the hypocrisy of it all?

• Upvote 4
MakeItSo

I haven't read his post yet but I'm surprised JBoob isn't posting something like "the devil made Josh do it"....or like  "We put every safeguard in place to shield our kids from the world and the ebil ebil world still got to them. This is why it's so important to sit down with them and find out what's in their heart..." I don't know. I think the best thing would actually be to just shut up about parenting advice right about now. Genuine business advice, however, I might actually listen to that because before all this went down he seemed to have his hand in a lot of things and doing well with it. 

AngelGirl8811

They really need to stop with the parenting advice...unless it's "Here's what we did, don't do it!" 

• Upvote 19
EmCatlyn

I think the best thing would actually be to just shut up about parenting advice right about now.

Amen!  If only the Lord would put it in JB's heart to stop giving useless and misguided advice about what he failed at!

Genuine business advice, however, I might actually listen to that because before all this went down he seemed to have his hand in a lot of things and doing well with it. 

Now that is a good idea!   If what he is doing is legal, maybe he should go into the "You too can grift your way to success," business.

• Upvote 7

You know, I don't think I want any business advice from JB. I know that he worked hard when he was younger, and invested in real estate. But, he also did it at a time when the market was exploding and it was easy to do well. He was a lazy-ass politician, and since then the only thing he seems to work hard at is exploiting his children. 

I think they recycle blog posts, because even if they wrote new ones, it would still be just the same thing that they always say. JB and Michelle seem to have zero capacity for any growth and change. That is why I can never see them saying that they made any mistakes with Josh.

Edited by KSmom
typo
  • Upvote 11
Buzzard

I posted over in the lawsuit thread, but that blog post was aimed squarely at Josh.  The two ideas, Birth control = bad and forgiveness from god have nothing to do with one another. 

• Upvote 2
MakeItSo

@EmCatlyn what I don't get is their aversion to admitting that they made mistakes/failed at something. There is nothing wrong with saying "I have tried this but it didn't work...so I'm trying this next." With 19 kids or even just 1 or 0, nobody would say "Well, that was stupid!".  That Einstein quote "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  sure comes to mind. 

ETA: the problem is also the fact that they have two childrearing formulas. one for boys. one for girls. whoever doesn't fit the mold gets "trained" harder or is labeled "spunky" or as having "lots of energy" (I remember them using that when talking about girls who liked to roughhouse "like boys". (was it Jenny?). GAH! This heteronormative cookie cutter thinking drives me insane.

Edited by MakeItSo
  • Upvote 3
ClaraOswin

Did you all see that Tabitha Paine is apparently a live-in tutor at the Duggar house?

So....what the hell is Michelle doing with her time if Tabitha is most likely doing all of the home schooling?

http://12paines.com/about/tabitha/#comments

Edited by ClaraOswin
  • Upvote 7
MakeItSo

thanks, guys! And yes I remember Joy saying something like "I used to be a tomboy." but she had this sad look on her face. Meechelle has also talked about her "growing out of that phase" a couple of times. It's sad to see kids who can't express themselves. 

• Upvote 6
Valerie3kids

Did you all see that Tabitha Paine is apparently a live-in tutor at the Duggar house?

So....what the hell is Michelle doing with her time if Tabitha is most likely doing all of the home schooling?

Trying to make more blessings with Jim Bob?

These people call themselves parents and freely give out parental advice but spend no worthwhile time with their children. I am flummoxed. They already have Jana and Grandma Duggar. I am sure the tightwad is not paying her for her services.

• Upvote 4
gustava

OK.... Going to the prayer closet until I figure out how to delete my post.  MODS....please feel free to assist me.

Edited by gustava
ClaraOswin

OK.... Going to the prayer closet until I figure out how to delete my post.  MODS....please feel free to assist me.

I didn't see you original post and now my curiosity is piqued!

I wonder if she's paid at all. Maybe she is just getting room and board.

Bad Wolf

She has the privilege of sharing time with the Godly Duggars. What more could a young fundie woman want?

• Upvote 6
grandmadugger

So Jessa gets married and they have someone else move in to do the schooling.  WTF?!?!  Can these people get any lazier? 

• Upvote 8
EmCatlyn

@EmCatlyn what I don't get is their aversion to admitting that they made mistakes/failed at something. There is nothing wrong with saying "I have tried this but it didn't work...so I'm trying this next." With 19 kids or even just 1 or 0, nobody would say "Well, that was stupid!".  That Einstein quote "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  sure comes to mind. 

I agree.  But they are "insane" in the sense that (for whatever reason) their idea of "reality" is at least a little distorted.  Partly it is that they reduce the world to binary oppositions such as good/evil, black/white, male/female, right/wrong, etc. and allow no gradations between the two opposites.  For people like that, there is no "somewhat good" or "a little evil."  There is no "gray."  And there is certainly no room for gender identity that doesn't perfectly support what they see as biologically determined, God decreed, differences between male and female.  

The same reasoning leads to the idea that to be "right" means never to be "wrong."  If Jim Bob were to do the sane thing and admit that Josh may be the way he is because of something the Duggars did (or failed to do) that was "wrong," that would mean that he has been wrong in his parenting of all the other 18. And that would mean that he is not the "good" parent and "good" Christian that he wants to see himself (and be seen) as.

And, as he is clearly a narcissist, how he feels about himself and how others see him is more important than whether or not he continues to damage his other children.  So he clings to the belief that he and Michelle did everything right. Any problems with the kids are the fault of Satan or the secular world.

At least, that is how I explain the insanity.  But you are right that it makes no sense to anyone who looks closely.

Edited by EmCatlyn
Clarity,commas and spaces
  • Upvote 6
MatthewDuggar

I can recall an episode a few years back when Joy was given a purse as a gift, I think it was for Christmas.  My first thought was that they were trying to feminize the Tom Boy.

• Upvote 1
LadyCrow1313

I can recall an episode a few years back when Joy was given a purse as a gift, I think it was for Christmas.  My first thought was that they were trying to feminize the Tom Boy.

It was for Joy's birthday; Josh & Anna had given it to her. I thought it was an odd gift, really.

• Upvote 3

The post from Tabitha Paine:

So glad you asked! It’s easy to assume and few people branch out to find the real answer to questions like these 
I have been a live-in tutor to the Duggar children for the past year. Because we don’t do school 24/7 I am able to join in with the family’s work, and fun activities during the weekends and evenings. Hence, the reason why you may see so many pictures! But, I am in no such relationship. I may just be single for the rest of my life 
I sure do enjoy where God has me, and want to do as Jim Elliot encouraged: “Wherever you are; Be all there”! Blessings!

So, they lined her up as soon as they knew Jessa was leaving.  WTAF.  Wow , Michelle.  Just WOW.  The blog also posted that she is 29.  

• Upvote 5
Bad Wolf

I can recall an episode a few years back when Joy was given a purse as a gifr I think it was for Christmas.  My first thought was that they were trying to feminize the Tom Boy.

i thought she said something about keeping her knitting in it, or was that Johanna?

EmCatlyn

Isn't it the law that only parents can homeschool?  Siblings helping-out is one thing, and hiring a tutor for specific subjects is usually okay, but I thought the "instructor of record" had to be a parent.  Arkansas is really lax about this!

The post from Tabitha Paine:

So glad you asked! It’s easy to assume and few people branch out to find the real answer to questions like these 
I have been a live-in tutor to the Duggar children for the past year. Because we don’t do school 24/7 I am able to join in with the family’s work, and fun activities during the weekends and evenings. Hence, the reason why you may see so many pictures! But, I am in no such relationship. I may just be single for the rest of my life 
I sure do enjoy where God has me, and want to do as Jim Elliot encouraged: “Wherever you are; Be all there”! Blessings!

So, they lined her up as soon as they knew Jessa was leaving.  WTAF.  Wow , Michelle.  Just WOW.  The blog also posted that she is 29.  

• Upvote 1
ksgranola1

Arkansas hasn't caught up w/a lot of things yet.

Edited by ksgranola1
dbl post
  • Upvote 1
  • Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic