IGNORED

Hypocrite of the year award Goes to...

SportsgalAnnie

19 minutes ago, hockeymoo said:

When it comes to Josh's upbringing, I think there's something we're not hitting on here - Rim Job and Michelle may espouse various principles by which they claim raise their children, but they don't actually raise their kids at all. They just supply the tater tots and chromosomes for their human factory farm and let the kids raise themselves - the blind leading the blind! Even with all the crap they put in place to stop their kids from molesting each other and god knows what else, herd obedience does not lend itself to the development of reflective thought or moral maturity. 

Most of us assume Jim Bob *hairspray blast psshht* and Uterus Duggar are just massive hypocrites and they know it, but maybe they're actually too stupid and ineffective as parents/teachers/human adults to realize they're utterly failing at the only thing they THINK they're doing - raising kids to be good, productive Christian members of society. Teaching their kids anything would require time, individualized attention and follow-through they clearly don't have the means to provide. Plus, I think its clear that all the modesty/self-control talk is funnelled directly into the Duggar daughers' ears and bypasses the boys almost entirely. 

Exactly right. There was very little parental influence once the first 6 months of age passed. And that's why the adult kids are so aimless. You look around and say, what are they good at doing? What do they know? What are their strengths? How come the girls are not exceptional homemakers, cooks, seamstresses? How come Josh did not seem to possess many hands on skills? 

Lazy, lazy, dysfunctional parents.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

How come Josh did not seem to possess many hands on skills? 

Depends what you mean by hands on....

It is a good point, though. Since they are clearly not learning normal school things, you would expect them to be really skilled at... Something. For the girls, probably homemaking. But they aren't. It's telling. 

1 hour ago, BackseatMom said:

It is a good point, though. Since they are clearly not learning normal school things, you would expect them to be really skilled at... Something. For the girls, probably homemaking. But they aren't. It's telling. 

Discipline and devotion to learning from a Duggar?  Check your Gothard-approved material, as none of this nonsense is covered.  :NAWAK: Obedience only, please. 

7 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

HTH does a 9yo boy know if he's gay?!

I knew I liked boys at 9. I had crushes but didn't spend all my time obsessing about boys, I didn't know what to do with boys, but I knew I found them interesting. At 10, I had a "boyfriend" - for a couple weeks we held hands on the bus. I wore my gloves because I didn't want to hold his hand if mine got sweaty. That's all we ever did, but I definitely knew, at some level, that I was very interested in boys.

I'm female, so I suppose that means I "knew" I was straight at 9.

OK so i finally found an online version... Here're my thoughts

- Jana seems so genuinely pained. my heart aches for her discussing AM. 

- Jinger is clearly so distressed discussing the molestation and AM. i wonder why she only sees jessa once a week...? that struck me as odd. 

- Jill seems to have blocked it out/numbed her feelings. i'm not sure what to think of her reaction... Derek seems to be more aware of his feelings and heartache on the matter

- Joy. Poor Joy. "Bad choices". this girl needs to get out. its awful. 

- Bessa - you guys were right about the chemistry evaporating. i thought you were exaggerating!! Ben's attitude to the impending baby almost seems contemptuous... He should be a godly frat boy dumping the pretty cheerleader at some god forsaken "college", but instead he's getting ready to be a dad. he seems so shutdown and angry.

the secret comment from the producer made me want to throw something at the computer. Not. Ok. 

Archived