IGNORED

Hypocrite of the year award Goes to...

SportsgalAnnie

Do they use a version of the Bible where being prideful is not a sin? Because they sure do seem to forget that a lot. 

This is something that absolutely astonished me about the Duggars-- no humility.  I get the feeling they think their way of "boasting in the Lord" is actually an expression of humility.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGH!! 

I hated when Boob did that to poor ol' Ben. It was like holding a donut infront of a kid or that scene from  Matilda where the Trenchable is eating a chocolate saying "Much too good for children. " 

The worst part was: "Does this turn you on?":2wankers:

Yep! So gross. So inappropriate. WTF

Did JimBoob take down his blog (re-blog) "sermon" re: the godly duties of a father?  I can't find it on their site this morning.  

"He also suggested that fathers remove all "books, magazines, television or Internet that have worldly or sensual content" from the home as a way to protect one's family."

So, wait.   Didn't Boob do that in his own home?   And they still created the Joshley monster?

Aside from the excellent point that Josh is supposedly the product of a household where such control was practiced,  I have always wondered how anyone could possibly remove all sources of "worldly or sensual content."  Does JB go through the Bible with a dark marker and cover out the "sensual" bits?  Does he prevent his children from reading Christian websites with advertisements for worldly products?

I have to wonder if JimBob reads these comments, and what goes through his head? I read through about 100 comments on FB and there wasn't a single person sticking up for him?  Does his deluded brain say "the world is so poisoned against me God" or if he is thinking "maybe I' done messed up" Ok so we all know he doesn't think he did anything wrong. But I would hope that all of this negative attention would start driving little hole into his deluded thoughts.  Or more importantly I hope his KIDS see this and it starts to knock the sound out from under the "foundation of his cult".

It's really handy that it doesn't matter how craptacular their parenting is, because whenever one of their kids 'strays' it will always be the fault of the DEVILtm

It's a fantastic way to forego any personal responsibility for anything ever.

Oh man....the comments are fan-freaking-tastic.  I wonder how long until that post gets pulled down?  

I am really surprised the comments are still on. I would love to know who's in charge of Facebook or was the one who decided to post this old advice (it does not necessarily have to be Jim Bob himself who did it) and who ignored the job to delete negative comments.

Maybe a at least passiv agressive act eg by Jinger?  Or narcissism or pure stupidity

The FB comments are a hoot. My favorite, which reflects a truly dark sense of humor: "Too bad Jeffrey Daumer's not around to give out cooking tips."  

Seriously? Remove all sensual material? How well did that work for you Jim Bob? Maybe if you had let your children explore themselves and grow (not train) into the people that they are supposed to be, you wouldn't be having these Joshley issues. Would he still be a slimeball? Of course Josh would still be a slimeball, he's just like you! You arrogant, pervy, stupid little man! 

I really want to know who is controlling the content of their FB page, I want to believe that Jana or Jinger or whomever it is really knows the hypocrisy and just wants to troll their own family.  "Let's see how stupid I can make my parents look."  Either that or they are purposely trying to stir up clicks under the advice of TLC to increase viewership.  That actually seems more reasonable.  These two columns were reposted after TLC came back to film the specials. 

I would love that but doubt it's possible 

I hope the poor cat got revenge. My feline headship would hunt his ass down and unleash all kinds of fury.. I'm not kidding.

If my cat (who is now at the rainbow bridge) was in the Duggar household, she'd slip up to the top of the staircase, and "accidentally" topple people strategically. She'd definitely start with whoever was involved with that stupid sled incident.

Someone referred to Jim Bob as "Rim Job" and I lol'd a bit too hard at that.

:pb_lol:

It sure as hell fits him.

The only advice on parenting anyone should sake from him starts,

"In my many years of raising many kids, I've made many mistakes, and I'd like to share some of them with you so you can lear from what I did wrong."

Forgive me for not taking advice on how to raise my sons from someone who's son is a child predator and an adulterer who objectifies women.

so i shared this news with my fiance, who could only shake his head and laugh at all the comments. we then got to talking and i told him about boob humping michelle during mini-golf. he did not believe me. i had to show him video proof.

his face was priceless.

I thought I had seen all of this episode, but I didn't remember the humping, so I just googled it (in fact, all you need to search is "duggars mini golf"), and experienced that horrific sight for the first time. WHYYYYYYY?

I don't have any kids but, it seems to me that instead of removing all temptations and leaving your kid completely unprepared for the real world, a better option might be to teach them how to handle temptation and all the accompanying physical and emotional sensations that go with it.

I don't have any kids but, it seems to me that instead of removing all temptations and leaving your kid completely unprepared for the real world, a better option might be to teach them how to handle temptation and all the accompanying physical and emotional sensations that go with it.

If JB has done any favours to parenting (and I'm not about to claim he has), it's by conducting a cruel experiment by which we can definitively say that his methods do NOT prevent sexual misconduct and 'impurity.' 

Looks like my home router is doing a 'great' job of filtering out sensual material: it blocks the new Joshley thread because of the friendly URL. :P

Let me get this straight. Josh molests his sisters, and his parents send him to a child - molesting cop; Jill wants to be a midwife, and is sent to apprentice under a woman who had her license revoked for negligence. Jim Bob gets into politics, telling himself it's God's will, and his political career is an abysmal failure.

Sounds like all that wisdom he prayed for has really come through!

Archived