IGNORED

Kendal Rich instagram

Melissa1977

48 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I know she homeschools and votes Repug, but is Kendal actually religious anymore?

I only watched a minute or two of her election day video, and none of the others, so I'm not sure if she talks about faith in any of them?

(What is it with vloggers thinking we want to see so much of their lives?  Her poor daughter didn't feel well and she sticks a camera in her face so she can talk about not feeling well?  Or am I just an old fart?)

I'm sure she was never truly religious. I've noticed that there are quite a few fundies that just do it for the attention. It probably wasn't getting her enough attention so her interest has waned. What gets her most attention is probably her special needs brown skinned child and make up obsession. 

I hope hope hope she will never give birth to another child or adopt ever again. 

And I hope that boy grows up to see his mother for who she is.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If I’m going to go out and stand with a sign, I’d better be prepared to take a birth mother’s hand.”

How exactly did they take a mother's hand? To me that would mean offering her help with things like finding a place to live, getting a job, applying for assistance, locating childcare, getting counseling, etc. - things that would help her raise her own baby, not just adopting the baby.

I'm not saying adoption is bad, by any means. In some cases adoption is the best option. I'm not saying Hampton should not have been adopted; I know very little about the situation and maybe his biological mom really couldn't have safely parented him regardless of what assistance was offered to her.

No matter what the specifics of this situation were, though, it's gross to act like adopting Hampton was a some big favor to his mother. The Riches wanted a baby and got a baby. They were the winners in this situation, and I'm sure his biological mother was devastated even if there wasn't a better alternative, so the sanctimonious martyr act about it is pretty ridiculous. 

Maybe adoption really was the best outcome here, but the tone of the statement is still not okay. Kendal and her husband get the joy and benefit of being Hampton's parents, so I find it really offensive that they're acting like they're all about helping the woman who (for whatever reason) lost out on getting to parent her son. Her loss was their gain, not vice versa.

Though they knew it was high-risk, meaning the birth mother had bonded with the baby and could choose within seven days to take the baby back, they decided to take the chance. “We want this baby - this is our son. We want to get him! We’ll risk it,” they said.

Um... no, he wasn't their son. He's their son now because they've adopted him, but prior to his adoption when his biological mother was still making up her mind about what to do, he was a child they hoped would become their son. You don't get to stake a claim on someone else's baby through wishful thinking alone.

I would probably go easier on this if they were just talking about their own emotions ("We felt like he was already our son" or something) but stating that he was is factually untrue.

But there's a bigger story the Riches want Hampton to know, the one behind and over and under and filling every other detail. It's the Gospel, the story that belongs to every believer who by grace has been adopted into God's family. It was their motivation, their passion, their reason for muscling past every obstacle, and that is the story they hope Hampton will share.

They're seriously going with "We adopted you as a charity project because God" rather than "We adopted you because we wanted a baby and were thrilled to have a chance to raise you"? That may fly when Hampton is in kindergarten, but I bet when he hits the teenage and adult years there are going to be some tough questions...

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

How exactly did they take a mother's hand? To me that would mean offering her help with things like finding a place to live, getting a job, applying for assistance, locating childcare, getting counseling, etc. - things that would help her raise her own baby, not just adopting the baby.

I'm not saying adoption is bad, by any means. In some cases adoption is the best option. I'm not saying Hampton should not have been adopted; I know very little about the situation and maybe his biological mom really couldn't have safely parented him regardless of what assistance was offered to her.

No matter what the specifics of this situation were, though, it's gross to act like adopting Hampton was a some big favor to his mother. The Riches wanted a baby and got a baby. They were the winners in this situation, and I'm sure his biological mother was devastated even if there wasn't a better alternative, so the sanctimonious martyr act about it is pretty ridiculous. 

Maybe adoption really was the best outcome here, but the tone of the statement is still not okay. Kendal and her husband get the joy and benefit of being Hampton's parents, so I find it really offensive that they're acting like they're all about helping the woman who (for whatever reason) lost out on getting to parent her son. Her loss was their gain, not vice versa.

Um... no, he wasn't their son. He's their son now because they've adopted him, but prior to his adoption when his biological mother was still making up her mind about what to do, he was a child they hoped would become their son. You don't get to stake a claim on someone else's baby through wishful thinking alone.

I would probably go easier on this if they were just talking about their own emotions ("We felt like he was already our son" or something) but stating that he was is factually untrue.

They're seriously going with "We adopted you as a charity project because God" rather than "We adopted you because we wanted a baby and were thrilled to have a chance to raise you"? That may fly when Hampton is in kindergarten, but I bet when he hits the teenage and adult years there are going to be some tough questions...

I agree with you and I'll be honest, I don't think this was the best outcome. To me, the best outcome would be the mother supported enough to parent (if she wanted to) or Hampton being adopted by a family that didn't view him as a way to show off their godliness and make him constantly feel "different" and like a charity case. It makes me so sad that people adopt for all the wrong reasons and the adopted children are the ones who suffer because of it. 

What gets me about the way they tell the story is that they mention "The biological mother might have decided to keep him" as a risk or a negative. If you actually just wanted to adopt in order to save a baybeee from being aborted, shouldn't that have been wonderful news? One baby alive and well with his mother, and now they can offer their amazing parental skills to yet another expecting mother who might otherwise consider abortion!  The more babies saved, the better, no...? Guess not.

As odious as I find their motives... I'd at least understand more if they were consistent.  Super bizarre, these people. 

I can't snark on her makeup addiction because I probably own more makeup than she does -- though I do sometimes feel self-conscious about it being a superficial hobby. Something about her presentation of it gives me the creeps, but I can't be sure how much of that's because I hate her abusive ass to begin with. 

4 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

What gets me about the way they tell the story is that they mention "The biological mother might have decided to keep him" as a risk or a negative. If you actually just wanted to adopt in order to save a baybeee from being aborted, shouldn't that have been wonderful news? One baby alive and well with his mother, and now they can offer their amazing parental skills to yet another expecting mother who might otherwise consider abortion!  The more babies saved, the better, no...? Guess not.

I agree. And for all their talk about this being the answer to abortion, I don't think the possibility of abortion is even a major factor in this story. The mother made the decision about the adoption agency from the hospital - meaning she had probably already given birth or was at least in labor. She'd carried the pregnancy to term, so her options would have been parenting or adoption at that point. You can't abort a pregnancy that has already resulted in a live birth or where the mother is in the process of delivery. The mother may have considered abortion at some point in the pregnancy (or she may not - her choice of adoption agency suggests her beliefs may be in line with the adoptive family's) but by the time the Riches came into the picture, she has to have already decided against termination.

It does seem strange to me also that the Riches were worried about the "risk" of the mother changing her mind because she had bonded with the baby. Obviously abortion was completely off the table, so it seems to have been purely about acquisition of the baby from the adoptive parents' perspective at that point. It seems weird to me that they were so desperate to acquire him instead of his biological mom parenting him, since that seems to go against all the reasons they claimed they were adopting and since Kendal initially didn't want to adopt at all until she decided God had told her to supposedly save a baby. 

On 11/23/2016 at 10:21 AM, slickcat79 said:

"Hampton is what gets aborted"...I mean, could you be more condescending? And it doesn't sound like his birth mother had ever considered abortion, so it doesn't even make sense in this particular case. 

As far as Hampton being "special needs"...I don't know. If he does have them, it's definitely for the best that he's in school and being evaluated. And really, as the originator of "riffles", Kendal probably shouldn't be homeschooling anyone. But she certainly wouldn't be the first parent to arbitrarily diagnose their adopted child with all sorts of conditions because she can't resist treating him differently than her other kids. 

As much as I dislike Kendull. I have to give her credit for having Hampton in school and I suspect she probably at least gets involved with disability non-profits. In a way, she and her husband are a little bit better than the Munk family. The Munks had their a couple of their daughters homeschooling their special needs son who has Down syndrome.

14 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

As much as I dislike Kendull. I have to give her credit for having Hampton in school and I suspect she probably at least gets involved with disability non-profits. In a way, she and her husband are a little bit better than the Munk family. The Munks had their a couple of their daughters homeschooling their special needs son who has Down syndrome.

Maybe it's my BEC that has quickly developed for this woman but.... I think she is putting him in school because it's what's best for HER, not because it's what's best for HIM. It's further "othering" of this child. He's too much work for her and she doesn't feel bad about outsourcing his care to other people since he's the adopted child they saved and not a child she birthed. 

I think school is probably best for him in this situation. But I don't think she did it for him. 

Not sure if it was linked before, but she has some more details of their adoption story.

Between the looks and the speech patterns, the early part of the video reminded me of watching a Cameron Diaz movie. Maybe Bad Teacher, where she spent half the movie faking her personality to get a guy to like her. Kendal is obviously trying really hard to say the right things, but I'm not sure they quite came out.

I will say, they had some very nice acknowledgements of what birth mothers go through at the end. It was interesting to see that they have a closed adoption...that's not as common in the last few years as it used to be, but I'm sure it's "encouraged" by the Christian adoption agency. 

At least the husband seems bonded to Hampton and the kid shows affection to him in the videos. By the other hand, she sounds SO fake when talking to the kid.

I agree that they have done the right decision taking Hampton to school. But I have the feeling that it's not only because he needs it, but also because Kendal is fed up with the kid. She always says she's no patient at all and if you're not patient  you cannot properly raise an special needs. No doubt the eldest girl has been parenting Hampton while dad is not home.

There's a recent video about how Kendal's not very good at homeschooling but how her kids love it. Those sweet girls are brainwashed.

Another evidence of her hypocrisy is that her eldest daughter is now a cheerleader. A christian one, no less. She 12 and wears little outfits and heavy make up when doing the cheerleading thing. I'm not going to criticise it, I know even young ballet dancers wear lots of make up when performing but I just don't understand fundies doing these immodest activities.

On 23/11/2016 at 11:01 PM, kpmom said:

I know she homeschools and votes Repug, but is Kendal actually religious anymore?

She says she is christian and so on, but the truth is that she's no more preaching. In old good times when she had the blog she was really interested in religion, wrote a lot about it (not very intelligent posts, but she tried to), but nowadays she's only interested in make up and going to starbucks. They listen pop music, they dance, she went to a zumba class, she has a video wearing a pair of absolutely immodest pants while she was walking. Come on, I'm not fundie but I'm not posting a video of my bottom for all the world can see it.

I suppose her husband loves everything she does.

On 11/23/2016 at 5:01 PM, kpmom said:

I only watched a minute or two of her election day video, and none of the others, so I'm not sure if she talks about faith in any of them?

(What is it with vloggers thinking we want to see so much of their lives?  Her poor daughter didn't feel well and she sticks a camera in her face so she can talk about not feeling well?  Or am I just an old fart?)

Yeah I saw that too, but many Vloggers do the same shit I've noticed. Kendal did the same with her youngest daughter in another video, but even worse. She had that camera right up in poor Kapri's face after she had just thrown up, trying to force her to eat pancakes right before filming the sound of the poor child in the bathroom heaving. Geez lady. She's like if you have a sensitive stomach, fast forward, but why would you film that anyway? However, I've seen worse. Thanks to the internet many parents lack a filter for their poor children, putting embarrassing pictures and videos out for the world, even filming other people's children and putting it online. I think that should be illegal personally. I would be pissed as hell if someone filmed my child and put it on the internet. There's such murky waters with the internet now. Schools cannot take pictures or video of children without their parents permission, yet other parents can film performances in a school or take pictures that include other children beyond their own and put them online for the world to see. It seems so many parents/adults never once think about what they post before they post, especially when it comes to children. 

15 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Yeah I saw that too, but many Vloggers do the same shit I've noticed. Kendal did the same with her youngest daughter in another video, but even worse. She had that camera right up in poor Kapri's face after she had just thrown up, trying to force her to eat pancakes right before filming the sound of the poor child in the bathroom heaving. Geez lady. She's like if you have a sensitive stomach, fast forward, but why would you film that anyway? However, I've seen worse. Thanks to the internet many parents lack a filter for their poor children, putting embarrassing pictures and videos out for the world, even filming other people's children and putting it online. I think that should be illegal personally. I would be pissed as hell if someone filmed my child and put it on the internet. There's such murky waters with the internet now. Schools cannot take pictures or video of children without their parents permission, yet other parents can film performances in a school or take pictures that include other children beyond their own and put them online for the world to see. It seems so many parents/adults never once think about what they post before they post, especially when it comes to children. 

I HATE parents that don't respect there childrens privacy. Especially when they share embarassing and/or very personal moments of their kids on facebook/youtube/whatsoever. And posting videos or photos of other people's kids is even worse.

But then againg it's Kendull. Once a famewhore, always a famewhore.

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

I HATE parents that don't respect there childrens privacy. Especially when they share embarassing and/or very personal moments of their kids on facebook/youtube/whatsoever. And posting videos or photos of other people's kids is even worse.

But then againg it's Kendull. Once a famewhore, always a famewhore.

Her last picture in IG: Hampton naked!

I just don't understand it. It's not only about privacy and modesty, it's about safety!

why are you all seeing her IG feed? she didn't accept me.

Back to the thread:

How can you post a picture of your naked child?? She makes me sick.

On 29/11/2016 at 1:05 PM, ophelia said:

Back to the thread:

It's The Rich Family IG, it's public.

On 11/29/2016 at 7:05 AM, ophelia said:

Back to the thread:

I wonder why she suddenly made her make up instagram private.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:52 PM, ladyaudley said:

Her youtube video titles clearly are inspired by Sam and Nia of the infamous toilet pee incident... faux viral titles. 

She just posted a video about youtube rewarding viral videos and then it was a VLOGMAS with clickbait titles of "caught me smoking!" They are celebrating Christmas now, with Santa visits and all. 

On 29/11/2016 at 1:05 PM, ophelia said:

Back to the thread:

On 2/12/2016 at 3:52 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder why she suddenly made her make up instagram private.

It's @therich.life account, not hers. Hers is private but the rich one is public.

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

It's @therich.life account, not hers. Hers is private but the rich one is public.

I'm pretty sure her personal instagram was actually public when I first looked at it. It was just a millionpictures of makeup and herself made up with cups of coffee and an occasional picture of her kids.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm pretty sure her personal instagram was actually public when I first looked at it. It was just a millionpictures of makeup and herself made up with cups of coffee and an occasional picture of her kids.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You're referring to @naptimebeauty  iG, it's a beauty account, not her private one. She's no longer posting about make up.

19 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

You're referring to @naptimebeauty  iG, it's a beauty account, not her private one. She's no longer posting about make up.

Oh ok thanks! 

15 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Did she ever say why she stopped?

On 6/12/2016 at 8:50 AM, ophelia said:

Did she ever say why she stopped?

She said it in a video, she said she has not time enough.

Why am I watching her videos sometimes? good question :my_dodgy:

Archived