IGNORED

Josh Duggar Part 9: Adult Film Star Lawsuits are so Godly

happy atheist

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think Danica is in it for the money, i think she and/or her lawyers/or someone behind the scenes wants to bring them all down...i don't think she'll take a settlement. perhaps she's read up on how f-upped they are and wants to end it. terrible for all those littles and especially a shame for Anna and the Mkids though, they're the ones who will pay the most

at least the ewoks were cute and helpful. jar jar was just annoying and useless.

I agree but I still couldn't understand bringing in cute teddy bears when all i wanted to know was if Darth really was Luke's daddy.

Most attorneys would not take on a suit if they didn't think they could profit from it.....

True, but this doesn't necessarily mean that he thinks he'll score big with a jury or survive motions to dismiss filed down the road by Smugly's counsel.

No, the value in this is case for the plaintiff is the fact the thought of Josh testifying at a deposition that could eventually be made public has Boob very worried.  And he'll pay to avoid that if he can.

The questions are - What is Jim Bob willing to offer to make Danica go away? 50k?  100K?  More?   What is she willing to take to go away?  And is Boob willing to go that high? 

If there's dirt on any of the other Duggars, I want it to come out. I hope to God it wouldn't involve any other victims, or that if it did, their identities would be protected, but yeah. Right now they can try and claim that Josh is just a bad apple. "Well, all families have their problems. Look, we've got 19 kids and only one of them went astray! That's pretty good, isn't it?" Before the molestation scandal broke I really thought that the Duggars were a ticking time bomb, that they were about to be brought down by something, but I was convinced it was going to be something financial. I still think that about JB. Like another recently said, I don't think he's an 'evil overlord', but he is greedy, manipulative, and not nearly as smart as he thinks he is. He's trying to set up his own little kingdom where the law is the Law of Jim Bob. I think the real law is going to catch up with him and bite him in the ass.

I think Jim Bob's downfall will ultimately be because of this. We saw Josh doing things that he clearly thought were super-clever (hmm, what will the name on my secret Facebook account that I'm using to cheat on my wife be? I know! The most obviously pseudonymous name ever! Hmm, what billing address should I use on this website I'm using to find prostitutes because no woman would have sex with me unless their dad and the Bible essentially forced them to? I know! My grandma's house!), and you can be sure that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Jim Bob thinks he's a mastermind on the level of Frank Underwood, but once one detail slips his mind or one thing leaks, karma is going to hit him like a freight train.

I have to say, I am a bit disappointed by the FJ-talk on this topic so far.

Yes, it has also been my first thought that the lap dancer/prostitute is suing for the money only. Why now? Why sleep with him a second time? But aren´t this all prejudiced based on nothing else but Duggar-like-believes? If everything Danica is claiming is true, it is absolutely normal that it takes time to reach the point where you are willing to sue and be confronted with criticism and disbelieve for it.

In the end, I don´t know what happened, but the fact is, that this lawsuit is aiming at the Duggars and trying to show what they are really up to and this iis  why in any case this is a good Thing. I hope Josh and hopefully also others will be asked a lot of good questions they have to answer. I hope all of this will be covered by the media (Fox news!) and that the brand of Duggar finally falls so that there is nothing left to make Money from. I hope  at least some of the kids find the truth and learn the difference between being religious and being trapped in a cult. I hope at some point it becomes clear to Anna that she does not deserve this husband and that no god does want her to stay with him.

i don't think Danica is in it for the money, i think she and/or her lawyers/or someone behind the scenes wants to bring them all down...i don't think she'll take a settlement. perhaps she's read up on how f-upped they are and wants to end it. terrible for all those littles and especially a shame for Anna and the Mkids though, they're the ones who will pay the most

The only thing she may help end is the majority of money coming in from their "ministry."  JB and M will always be Gothardites.  They will require their children to also be Gothardites while they are under their roof.  They will try to continue to control them once they are grown adults.  But there is no stopping their being members of a cult.  Nor will she stop the tried and true leghumpers.  I'll just be glad when they and every other cult family is off the air and not selling their brand of Christianity.  

I tried to answer a similar question in the earlier thread.  This is a general response to the question:  Why do people sometimes wait for a period of time before filing a personal injury lawsuit?  Danica did not file a criminal complaint against Josh.  Only a governmental agency could do that - the D.A.'s office in the country where a crime took place.  She's filing a civil lawsuit claiming that she suffered personal injuries (anxiety, stress) and that these injuries are affecting her ability to work and earn a living in the manner she was doing prior to her encounters with Josh.  In civil lawsuits, you have a time frame designated by law in which to file your lawsuit.  There is no need to rush on filing your suit.  It doesn't diminish your claim in any way.  That time frame is often used by attorneys to gather information and to attempt to resolve the case without the need for a lawsuit.  Maybe Danica wasn't sure whether she wanted to pursue a case against Josh; or maybe she started having panic attacks and they kept getting worse and she feels they are connected to her encounters with Josh.  I don't know the exact reason - only that it doesn't mean anything shady.  It only means that she didn't file her lawsuit until this moment in time, but well before the statute of limitations had run.

As to her asking for $500,000 or more in damages - that's also not uncommon in personal injury lawsuits.  It rarely has anything to do with the actual settlement amount.  I'd be surprised if this case ever reaches a jury.  Seems like the wisest course would be to enter into settlement talks.

Also she probably thought no one would believe her that the golden son of a goody goody godly upright beloved Christian family would have sexually assaulted her, or even have had sex with her at all or have even been in a club.  When this scandal broke and was confirmed, she had what she needed to be believed.

Kind of like the Star Wars Holiday Special? :pb_lol:

What holiday special?  *wink*

First rule of Fj: Never talk about part 9.

Having said that. ..I think based on flight records and an article I think I saw on Gawker that quoted a source that came from someone who says they know the person whose cousins best friend's sister  works nights at the chicken FIL-a across the street from the place, Part 9 checked into a religious based "rehab facility" yesterday for possible Internet addiction.  

I was trying to follor the connection for a minute before getting to "Part 9 checked into a religious based "rehab facility" yesterday for possible Internet addiction."  Well-played.

So in the Duggar world, what are their rules and guidelines regarding lying under oath?

I don't know.  But, apparently it is OK to lie to FOX, because both Michelle and Jim Bob did on their big interview.  Oh, and they also lied on the police reports from 2006.  Someone might need to explain to them the penalties for perjury under oath.

I don't know.  But, apparently it is OK to lie to FOX, because both Michelle and Jim Bob did on their big interview.  Oh, and they also lied on the police reports from 2006.  Someone might need to explain to them the penalties for perjury under oath.

Hmm they would probably justify it as "they did not have to swear on a bible" for the TV interview.

I hope this is part of the reason she is suing. It seems like there have been many people working in the sex industry that have come forward to say they were molested. This could be an issue that is close to  Danica or maybe some of her co-workers. If she truly had no idea who Josh was then finding out he was a admitted offender and never got treatment and was now leading a very double life it might have hit a nerve with her.

I have a sue happy neighbor. He tried to sue the senior citizen for trespassing that brought him a welcome loaf of bread, and the kid's parents when a basketball rolled in his yard and a bunch of other silly incidents. I know there are a lot of frivolous or exaggerated civil suits. I just hope this one can actually do some good and hopeful lead to some positive change after the dust settles.

I heard that's how Jar Jar Binks was created. George Lucas wouldn't listen to anybody in regards to the script for the Star Wars prequels and now we pretend they don't exist.:pb_lol:

.... I love Jar Jar.

Don't ban me!

I am mystified as to how she can show Josh was the one who gave her the PTSD or whatever. If this is her job, who is not to say someone else also gave her problems. Not being a lawyer of course, what do I know? Nothing. 

um, it's Josh.  I still have PTSD from the footage of their last interview where he sat there sweaty and smug knowing what news was about to break.  

We only have an article from what is basically a tabloid we are basing our verdicts on.  How about we wait and give the woman a chance to lay her case out with whatever evidence she has?  

So in the Duggar world, what are their rules and guidelines regarding lying under oath?

it's never a lie, it's Duggar speak which looks like bald face lying to us heathens but it's how JimBob feels we need to be spoken to because we just don't understand their super enlightened perspective.  Sort of like telling a three year old their crayon drawing is amazing and you want more.  

I have to say, I'm a little bit creeped out by the joy & delight you are all getting over this law suit.

I find it even more creepy that Josh got away with molesting 5 young girls. Karma's a bitch, and the Duggars deserve everything that gets thrown at them. I have absolutely no sympathy for them. Nope, none at all.

I find it even more creepy that Josh got away with molesting 5 young girls. Karma's a bitch, and the Duggars deserve everything that gets thrown at them. I have absolutely no sympathy for them. Nope, none at all.

exactly. it's about time they got tangible repercussions for their actions. and i have a feeling this isn't the end of it.

The good news is that this lawsuit will delay Josh's impending book tour/repentance world tour

Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom?
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs

Does Josh actually have much in the way of assets? If not, what financial benefit will there be for Danica in this suit, and how will her attorney get paid? (I have no idea what the answer to these questions is. I'm just thinking . . . it's hard to get blood from a stone, or money from a broke Duggar. Since it's a civil suit, I assume that if he wants an attorney he will have to pay for it . . . or hit JB up for it?) 

I notice that Danica said things happened on or about date x, y, or z, and it seems to me that it's a potential weakness in her case that she can't be more specific than that--am I off on that?

I can see that Danica may have filed suit simply to establish in the public sphere that she wasn't lying, these things really did happen, and she's willing to go to court and swear to them. In her situation I'd want to be taken seriously. I suppose that a more philanthropic reason for the suit is to say "Look, world, this man is an out of control sadist: don't go to bed with him." 

For all we know Josh was so drunk that he has no memories of his rutting moose behavior. What are the chances?

Since JB is such a control freak, I'm imagining him hitting the law books in order to defend Josh in court. That won't happen, even if JB just KNOWS he can do it and prays and prays for the right to practice law without a license. Or perhaps JB has just turned his back on Josh?

I feel sorry for the younger Diggars this is going to affect. The older ones? Not so much.

Also, what will happen when the M-kids approach tween/teenage years? It won't be pretty when they (and if) they find out the extent of the skeletons in their dad's closet. Then again, I don't believe Joshy ever thought of the ramifications of his actions (one can only look to the people that raised him). 

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived