IGNORED

Josh Duggar Part 9: Adult Film Star Lawsuits are so Godly

happy atheist

Obviously, I have screwed up the quote.

Anyway. "On or about" is always used when writing a complaint or motion. It gives you leeway even when you know that exact date. 

I will stay in my lonely corner as someone who believes that Danica is only looking for money. <snip> Danica being a stripper or prostitute doesn't make me doubt her. It's the convoluted and ridiculous story she tells that makes me disbelieve her. 

If she did have sex with Josh, and can prove it, I think the lawsuit will settle. Not necessarily because he is guilty of anything against her but because it is cheaper to settle than spend the money to take a case to trial. I don't for a minute believe that there will ever be depositions, a trial or anything juicy for us to snark on. Even if Josh is deposed, we will never see that deposition. Depositions are not necessarily public record. The court doesn't get a copy, at least in my state. The deposition would likely be kept confidential. 

I highly doubt Jill, Jessa or their parents would be deposed and any attorney worth their salt would fight those subpoenas. Realistically, the argument could be successfully made that their testimony is unnecessary and irrelevant. <snip>

What I do believe is most likely true:  Josh paid to have sex with Danica, twice.   What occurred during those sessions is a "he said, she said" situation.  Police were not called on either occasion and there are no police reports.  I'm not sure what proof she might have about their sexual encounters - I doubt actual receipt was provided that lists her name, the service provided and the customer name.  But these accusations have been out in the public sphere for awhile, and there has been no denial on behalf of Josh.  If these were completely false and he had no involvement with her, seems like he (or a spokesperson) would have said so by now. 

Agree that any attorney worth their salt would refuse to produce JimBob, Michelle or any of Josh's siblings for deposition.  However, if Josh is deposed, I could see bits and pieces of his deposition being leaked at some point.  Isn't that what happened with Bill Cosby - parts of a deposition he gave in an earlier lawsuit made their way into the public sphere somehow.  Same thing with Paula Deen.  It does happen.

I don't have enough information to form an opinion as to whether Danica is being completely truthful about their encounters or not.  If this was a typical pattern of behavior for Josh, I'm sure more women will come forward to share their own stories.  And no, I'm not gleeful that this lawsuit has been filed, but I do think it is karma in action.  After seeing JB and Michelle parade their twisted beliefs on TV for years, now the chickens are coming home to roost.  There is a sense of satisfaction when the curtain finally gets pulled back and the truth starts to be exposed.  Humpers gonna hump no matter what, but other casual viewers might take a closer look behind the clean shiny Godly facade.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So TLC won't put Josh on their network again, but they sure as shit will exploit the situation and put Anna on there.  But I guess someone has to make some money to pay off all Josh's women.

I watched the Counting on Preview. In addition to feeling so so so bad for Anna, I felt dirty (for lack of a better word). It just did not feel right to me that she has to share her pain with the entire world. Something about that just feels icky and wrong (to me).

I definitely need a shower.  And some Bailey's in my coffee.  :fubar:

I watched the Counting on Preview. In addition to feeling so so so bad for Anna, I felt dirty (for lack of a better word). It just did not feel right to me that she has to share her pain with the entire world. Something about that just feels icky and wrong (to me).

I might be a little heartless saying this, but I don't; Anna could leave Josh and the Duggar circus. She has siblings on the outside who would support her. Her brother went to her and asked her to leave, to stay with him and his family while she got back on her own two feet. Instead she stayed in the Duggar fold, and now with joining up with the specials it appears as though she is digging her heels in deeper with the Duggars. 

I definitely need a shower.  And some Bailey's in my coffee.  :fubar:

Sorry for the derailment, but can I ask if Baileys in coffee is any good? What flavors of Baileys and coffee do you mix?

Anna is a grown woman, 27 years old, with four kids.  She has been part of the reality TV show for seven years.  It was her decision to make a statement.  I'm glad she did because I was thinking that she was just too ashamed to say anything  Nothing that Josh did is her fault and she should feel free to speak her mind and to live her life.  

"What comes next, will change everything"?
One can only hope. #freethemall

Oh lord, I read that hashtag as Free The Mall, not Free Them All. Silly Friday, you do things to my brain.

Sorry for the derailment, but can I ask if Baileys in coffee is any good? What flavors of Baileys and coffee do you mix?

I grew up with Bailey's being a regular staple in my house, Irish grandparents and all.  But I love it.  I usually do about a 1/4 Bailey's and 3/4 hot coffee.  I have never tried it with iced coffee.  If you are not sure, the Bailey's coffee creamers have a pretty similar flavor, minus the alcohol.  You can always try that first.  I don't do the specialty flavors, just the original.

Bailey's in coffee is delicious, especially the boozy Bailey's. Amaretto and Frangelico are also good in coffee. I know a few people that put Kahlua in their coffee, but that seems redundant to me, since Kahlua is coffee liqueur.

I grew up with Bailey's being a regular staple in my house, Irish grandparents and all.  But I love it.  I usually do about a 1/4 Bailey's and 3/4 hot coffee.  I have never tried it with iced coffee.  If you are not sure, the Bailey's coffee creamers have a pretty similar flavor, minus the alcohol.  You can always try that first.  I don't do the specialty flavors, just the original.

Thanks! :) We dont drink alcohol, so to hear there are ones without that are still yummy gives me hope. Ive always seen people add it to hot cocoa but never coffee lol.

This is way way way out there...but has anyone seen this woman in the past few months?  There was unprotected sex back in April or so....:brainbleach:As I said, way out there, super speculative and just plain too icky to think about

RE - Counting On trailer: http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/anna-duggar-opens-up-for-first-time-in-new-jill-jessa-counting-on-video/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=countingontlc

Anna: "It was heartbreaking to hear what had happened."

Oh, that sneaky passive voice!  

It wasn't stated that Josh acted and is responsible for what he did (eg. "It was heartbreaking to hear what Josh had done/") Rather, you said you were heartbroken by events beyond your control.  That's true, Anna.  You were victimized by events beyond your control, but these events were not beyond Josh's control, they were his deliberate actions.  Why protect him from the responsibility for your heartbreak?  You can't really forgive him until he owns your hurt.

RE - Counting On trailer: http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/anna-duggar-opens-up-for-first-time-in-new-jill-jessa-counting-on-video/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=countingontlc

It wasn't stated that Josh acted and is responsible for what he did (eg. "It was heartbreaking to hear what Josh had done/") Rather, you said you were heartbroken by events beyond your control.  That's true, Anna.  You were victimized by events beyond your control, but these events were not beyond Josh's control, they were his deliberate actions.  Why protect him from the responsibility for your heartbreak?  You can't really forgive him until he owns your hurt.

Not to mention, how can she forgive him for something she doesn't even place responsibility on him for doing? 

I'm really grossed out by these Counting On specials already. I hope someone can eventually convince Anna to get out of there.

When I watch that 36 second clip, I only see Jill and Jessa - where are you guys seeing Anna?

didn't she already know what 8 years ago he had done - so this is pure crap - to hear what happened and to say What had happened - please - no one believes you Anna

she knows what happened she heard it before

she is just being used for the cameras and she naively goes along and plays into Jill and Jessa's game

this won't be a special about jessa or jill - this will be a special about the media betrayed them and how they feel victimized by the media not by their stupid brother.  So don't watch it

because who needs to see six hours of the girls defending or pretending to defend their brother

When I watch that 36 second clip, I only see Jill and Jessa - where are you guys seeing Anna?

At 12 seconds on the link above.

Josh broke his vows.
Josh screwed around on Anna.
Josh molested his sisters and at least one other youngster.
These things didn't just happen, Josh made those choices on his own.
Oh, Anna. It just doesn't look good for you right now. WAKE UP.

At 12 seconds on the link above.

It must be my internet connection or something.  I can hear Anna saying "It was heartbreaking to hear what had happened," but what I see on the screen is Jill, like it pauses right there on Jill's face while Anna is speaking those words. 

What I got from the teaser immediately was a VERY tight control in Anna's voice when she says she was heartbroken. She was either trying not to cry or trying not to scream. The ducking of her head when she says "yeah"...I gather from that (and I know, its like 2 seconds of body language but humor me here LOL!) reads admonition (if she'd been a better wife he wouldn't have done this) and shame.

I get the whole being accountable for your adult choices thing. But when you're raised that way, breaking free is SCARY.  Her siblings might have done it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't Anna herself has that kind of strength.  I don't think she could do it on her own.  I think it would literally take the "free" siblings basically kidnapping her and the Mkids and keeping her away from the crazies for awhile before she'd feel like she could do it. Its been done before, heck there are underground agencies that do these kinds of rescues. The problem I see would be when is it ever just Anna and the Mkids? The kiddos are always with their cousins somehow, even if it might be just one. Anna can't be swept away and leave M-? behind at the TTH. I doubt Anna is allowed to go out without a chaperone because the Duggars would fear this scenario. For all we know Anna could be held prisoner in her own world, and if that's true, what choice does she really have but to participate in the show?

I DO feel for her.  I just hope she can find it in herself to know that she is worth SO much more, and that she can break free and be happy!

Any Baileys in any coffee is good... I prefer the classical plain Irish Cream, but not picky.... if you have a milk frother, or are ambitious you can steam it/whisk it over low heat until it gets frothy and have a Baileys Latte

I think " to hear what had happened" may refer not to what Josh had done but to Josh's accounts on Ashley Madison being revealed.  It may be that the tack they are going to take is that while was Josh did was sinful, it is the media attention that has caused the most pain.  It is, as Michelle said, "an . . . Agenda. .." against them because they are conservative Christians who do not drink or curse or show their shoulders.

Same here - Irish family and never without Bailey's. We do Christmas in the mountains and will mix fresh snow with Bailey's to make boozy snow ice cream and it is THE BEST.

What I got from the teaser immediately was a VERY tight control in Anna's voice when she says she was heartbroken. She was either trying not to cry or trying not to scream. The ducking of her head when she says "yeah"...I gather from that (and I know, its like 2 seconds of body language but humor me here LOL!) reads admonition (if she'd been a better wife he wouldn't have done this) and shame.

I caught the shame stance, too, in that second or so.  Something I've wondered about is how much Anna feels physically threatened by her headship.

"What comes next, will change everything"?
One can only hope. #freethemall

Hah, I read that as "free the mall". Thought I missed some new shopping movement :my_rolleyes:

I think " to hear what had happened" may refer not to what Josh had done but to Josh's accounts on Ashley Madison being revealed.  It may be that the tack they are going to take is that while was Josh did was sinful, it is the media attention that has caused the most pain.  It is, as Michelle said, "an . . . Agenda. .." against them because they are conservative Christians who do not drink or curse or show their shoulders.

Yes, true.  Josh isn't responsible for the consequences of his actions beyond the need to repent for sin.  (Beating up a prostitute, btw, isn't a sin.)  It's the evil humanist media out to get us.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived