IGNORED

Nancy Leigh DeMoss got married

jerkit

To Robert Wolgemuth. Pictures are on the reviveourhearts instagram. She looks beautiful. Briton Felber (fundie photographer - did both Jill and Jessa's weddings IIRC) photographed the wedding. No photoshopped crosses at this point :P

ETA: Does anyone recognize the church? The wedding took place at The College Church. http://www.college-church.org/

I have been waiting a long time for this :dance:

After all these years of giving advice to married women, I'm curious how the transition to married life will be for her.  I am also dying to see if she takes her own advice - and if she will be happy doing so. 

I have been waiting a long time for this :dance:

After all these years of giving advice to married women, I'm curious how the transition to married life will be for her.  I am also dying to see if she takes her own advice - and if she will be happy doing so. 

I'm listening to her last few radio eps and it sounds like she plans to focus on single women

Rather daring to go with a bright lipstick and a sleeveless gown at her age, but you can't say she didn't pull it off. She actually looks glamorous-- and that is something I never thought I'd say about Nancy Leigh DeMoss!

I know very little of who this woman is, but I must say that she looks beautiful in that wedding dress.  Perhaps seeing a lovely mature bride like this will let women like Sarah Maxwell and the Botkin sisters know that it's not too late for them!

I'm watching the video right now. There are bell ringers. Did we know that this had been live streamed?

ETA: These musicians are exceedingly mediocre. Couldn't she afford better?

To me it's sad that a mature, presumably intelligent woman meets a man and proceeds to agonize over whether god wants her to get to know him. According to her video, it took many weeks of prayer and bible consulting to relieve herself of any guilt that she would no longer be 'single for god'.  I hate that these people are rendered powerless to just make decisions for themselves, to please themselves, to be happy.  

I agree that she looked lovely and appropriate. I couldn't help wondering how she felt about her upcoming wedding night. If I were in her position at her age, I think I'd be rather nervous.  

To me it's sad that a mature, presumably intelligent woman meets a man and proceeds to agonize over whether god wants her to get to know him. According to her video, it took many weeks of prayer and bible consulting to relieve herself of any guilt that she would no longer be 'single for god'.  I hate that these people are rendered powerless to just make decisions for themselves, to please themselves, to be happy.  

I agree that she looked lovely and appropriate. I couldn't help wondering how she felt about her upcoming wedding night. If I were in her position at her age, I think I'd be rather nervous.  

Honestly, I would bet the mini traderjoe's chocolate dipped cone I am eating while lying a-bed that that agony has more to do with actually having to give her up smidge of autonomy to a man after years of fulfilling singletonhood.

I'm watching the video right now. There are bell ringers. Did we know that this had been live streamed?

ETA: These musicians are exceedingly mediocre. Couldn't she afford better?

In her defense, I had some exceedingly mediocre musicians that were family and friends, so that probably factored into her choice.  

Watched the 15 minutes "Story of Robert & Nancy" video and the following thoughts & questions occurred to me:

Did they actually re-enact all of that, including Robert's proposal?

Oh fuck -- they both use Macs...and here I thought only godless liberals liked Macs.*

Are those their real houses? Who the fuck cleans them & keeps them so empty?

Does every single woman who emails John Piper get a personal response or just NL(D)W?

Was Robert wearing face makeup in one of the early scenes?

So, will NL(D)M continue with her business, I mean ministry?

*Forgot that DPIAR was also an Apple fanboy.

I distantly know Robert because of his first wife, Bobbie. I don't know NLD on a personal level, haven't met her, but from what I can tell from her writings, NLD is the opposite of Bobbie. I suppose that's a good thing in some ways. 

I think Robert will try to make the transition as easy as possible for her. Interesting they got married at Wheaton.

Am I close enough?

It is hard to beat that disembodied Kelly! head ... but I remember flipping out a couple years ago when you changed to another BRADRICK! pic. It terrified me because I am convinced you look just like that. No other clothes. No other expression. No other ears.

I distantly know Robert because of his first wife, Bobbie. I don't know NLD on a personal level, haven't met her, but from what I can tell from her writings, NLD is the opposite of Bobbie. I suppose that's a good thing in some ways. 

I think Robert will try to make the transition as easy as possible for her. Interesting they got married at Wheaton.

Opposite in what way?

I watched the wedding.  It all seemed very scripted to me.  That, combined will all the videos - which are clearly professionally staged and shot - and the fact that their wedding guests were not allowed to take pictures, lead me to believe NLD-W is extremely image conscious.  

Bobbie was warm, open, friendly...the type of woman to email you that she was thinking about you, or to get a cup of coffee with you just to hear about how your life was going. I never once knew her to be hurtful or judgmental or heard anything of the sort. I could never imagine her saying some of the things NLD does in her press appearances or books. It's just a very striking difference to me, especially with NLD's perspectives on abuse and assault.

The new Mrs. Wolderwhatever's father was the president of a giant life insurance company. Upon his death, his widow inherited 300 million dollars. 

The radiant groom is a publishing executive. So long story cut short, 2 very very rich old people married each other. And you say no amateur photos were allowed?  Two very very rich old people who are extremely used to getting their own ways got married. 

I feel sad for the seekers out there whose purchases of books and tapes are keeping these two very very rich. 

I hope the seekers can figure out that they can find peace and happiness without the Wolderwhosits' bogus preachosities.   

ETA: sounds like Robert Wolgerwotchit wasn't widowed much more than a year when he remarried?

Also, is he a giant? Look at the difference in the sizes of their faces on these photos... https://www.reviveourhearts.com/engagement/

Wow. That WAS a fast courtship & marriage.

Robert's wife died October 28, 2014 and by February 2015, he's got a new journal, sharpened his pencils, and got his eye on ol'Nancy

From their wedding program:

Entry in Robert’s journal (February 4, 2015) Today, I am starting a new journal. The purpose is to chronicle what started with a 90-minute conversation with Nancy Leigh in Greg Thornton’s office yesterday in Chicago. My request of Nancy was that we begin pursuing a friendship. She said “yes.” My prayer is a simple one, “Savior, like a Shepherd lead us, much we need Your tender care.” Only our Heavenly Father knows the outcome, but we trust in His tender care

From his FB page (http://on.fb.me/1NEL1RI), taken a few days after starting the new journal: 

10842068_943547089003483_3958814335521229659_o.jpg

Two very very rich old people got married, and doubled the size of their now jointly-held portfolio. 

I second MJB's hope that the sheeple won't be fleeced any further. But I'm betting loyal followers' hearts flutter at the prospect of pearls of evangelical marital wisdom from the 57 year-old virgin bride. :pb_glasses:

I knew of this wedding due to me sneaking a peek at Dannah Gresh's Facebook. 

Speaking of her, anyone watch those Secret Keeper girl vids?

I saw the one where she talks about three kinds of girls....as cups:

Styrofoam- dirty godless whores who don't be careful of what they watch or wear. 

Plain mugs-Almost as bad as the last ones, they aren't true daughters of the king. 

Fancy shancy porcelain teacups- Best gurls eva! Read their Bible three times daily, only watch God's Not dead and other great christain films.:dance:

Which I don't get. Tea cups are a pain in the ass to clean, You would think that the mug would be a better choice?

But I do wish her congratulations on the wedding and her dress was actually nice. 

how do you mean they are opposites?

how do you mean they are opposites?

I explained in a post upthread a bit, after QOH asked :)

Bobbie's year anniversary of her death was just a week or so ago. NLD acknowledged it on her Twitter amidst "can't wait to get married!" tweets. A lot of people find it to be a really quick remarriage. I don't think it's only surprising people outside their friend group.

I explained in a post upthread a bit, after QOH asked :)

Bobbie's year anniversary of her death was just a week or so ago. NLD acknowledged it on her Twitter amidst "can't wait to get married!" tweets. A lot of people find it to be a really quick remarriage. I don't think it's only surprising people outside their friend group.

ahh okay. In the podcast, he talks about how Bobbie said throughout their marriage that if she died she wanted him to marry very quickly. She even told a friend she wanted him to marry NLD. I either find this very sweet or very creepy. I haven't decided which :P

Well, toward the end, she was very clear about trying to give him the freedom to remarry. He was intensely loyal to her, and she was very open about wanting him to remarry and have a life after she died. I mean, she was very, very sick. She didn't want him to spend decades pining after her, which I can understand. 

I'm not sure if this is how soon she meant...which is what weirds most of us out who've been there for the whole thing. There are mixed reactions to the wedding having just happened. If RW is happy, more power to him. I'm still skeezed out by NLD. 

Archived