IGNORED

Ghost Stories: Do You Haz?

FundieFarmer

13 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Before this pic, and before the frame opened, she came down the stairs and stared upstairs, totally alerting.  I was like, "what is your puppy problem?" and saw nothing to get worried about.

Not afraid.  Just letting me know something was going on.

And yes, she is a pretty girl  :)  Thank you.

She may well have seen something.  Animals are very sensitive.   Before our beagle left us, she would frequently stop what she was doing and look up like she was looking at something.  She would usually wag her tail and smile. We kind of think it may have been our other dog that we called her big brother, he died in 2014 and she would often sit by him and look up at him like that. 

From the time she was very young, although she didn't tell me until just a few years ago, my daughter was frequently seeing a shadow that she called the ghost dog.  After she described it to me, I realized that it was a specific dog that I had years ago and it died several years before she was born.  I'd seen it a few times myself, but that was before our daughter was born.  After she moved into her apartment, the ghost dog apparently went with her and her then-roommate saw it several times as well as felt it jump into bed with her.

On more than one occasion, I've heard our beagle, felt her cold nose on my leg and on at least two times I have seen a very definite shadow that I think is her.  The beagle, Maggie Moo, went to the Rainbow Bridge on July 30.

One time that I was out with a friend of mine and we went to pick up another friend.  While we were waiting for him, we were sitting on the couch in his living room.  There were two couches.  I saw somebody get up from the other couch and walk away.  I asked my friend about that and he said that they don't know who it was, but that they had all seen him at different times.

A few months after my mother died, I felt her hug me.  My daughter also heard her speaking.

A wonderful friend died in July 2015, he was my boss but really more like a father to me.  He was 98 years old and we called him The Teenager for a reason!  A few months after he passed, I heard him walking up the hall from his office to mine (he used a cane) and I sort of saw him sit down on the couch beside my desk.  It was more than a shadow.  Which is what he would generally do about the same time every day and we would just visit.  When his wife passed away in March (she was 100 years old), several people reported feeling like he was in the room with them.  We think he was probably coming back to get her.

None of those times were scary. 

Edited by Briefly
I forgot to mention something about the dog!
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

New state, new place -- new ghosties, of course.

Doofus cat will sit on top of shelves or cat trees and yell at the ceiling or will try to get into storage closets (while yelling). Miss Attitude has stared intently at (what appears to me to be) nothing, but she's *focused*. If I try to see what she's seeing, she'll move her head to keep it in her line of vision. Both will randomly get startled poofy tails when I don't see or hear anything unusual. 

Could be ghosties, could be neighbors' noise. Apartments are an adventure.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Briefly said:

A few months after my mother died, I felt her hug me.

I am so glad you had that.  I have an experience after losing my dad that has stayed with me for 24 years...it's powerful.

• Fuck You 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am so glad you had that.  I have an experience after losing my dad that has stayed with me for 24 years...it's powerful.

I was having an awful time when #1 was ill before we found a good children's hospital 200 miles away. I'd gone to bed I despair one evening when I smelled cigarette smoke. I knew it was my Nana who died in 1983. I felt so calmed. It's never happened again though sadly. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I was having an awful time when #1 was ill before we found a good children's hospital 200 miles away. I'd gone to bed I despair one evening when I smelled cigarette smoke. I knew it was my Nana who died in 1983. I felt so calmed. It's never happened again though sadly. 

Mine was during a time of despair and worry for my children as well.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

We recently had a crisis with my adult daughter who lived in a different state. We were sitting in the living room talking about if we should go to her, when I smelled cigarette smoke. My mother was a heavy smoker so I know she was there.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

I haven’t been in this thread for months but someone liked an old post so here I am again catching up. It’s mid morning here. The teenagers are still in bed (it’s school holidays) and I can see Mr in his office across the courtyard. Both cats are asleep and I can see them from here.

I had read three or four new posts when a door slammed shut behind me. A door that is always closed and has never done this before in the 5 years we have lived in this house.

I am appropriately weirded out right now.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

We recently had a crisis with my adult daughter who lived in a different state. We were sitting in the living room talking about if we should go to her, when I smelled cigarette smoke. My mother was a heavy smoker so I know she was there.

This is so strange - I smelled my dad's cigarettes, too.  He smoked a brand with a very distinctive smell and I knew right away.

Between you, @Gobsmacked, and me cigarettes sure seemed to serve a purpose from the other side.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think I posted this here another year, but I'll get too teary if I look for it.

BigMamaJunebug saved me from a bad fall a few months after she had died.  I was -- well, We were, as it turns out -- at her favorite place and  I tripped and started on a very bad fall, but two hands lifted me up on my tippytoes as I was hurtling forward, kept me moving forward and set me down.  *snif* I'm smiling thru my watery eyes as I say this is how I *know* there's a world after this one, and I'm pretty sure BMJB will be the one to welcome me to it.  Love you, Mom! 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 9

11 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I think I posted this here another year, but I'll get too teary if I look for it.

BigMamaJunebug saved me from a bad fall a few months after she had died.  I was -- well, We were, as it turns out -- at her favorite place and  I tripped and started on a very bad fall, but two hands lifted me up on my tippytoes as I was hurtling forward, kept me moving forward and set me down.  *snif* I'm smiling thru my watery eyes as I say this is how I *know* there's a world after this one, and I'm pretty sure BMJB will be the one to welcome me to it.  Love you, Mom! 

This teared me up.  Mine was also a physical thing that saved me and my kids.  I'd been considering writing it up since I hit this thread last night, but started to cry every time I started.  

• Love 11

11 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This teared me up.  Mine was also a physical thing that saved me and my kids.  I'd been considering writing it up since I hit this thread last night, but started to cry every time I started.  

Yes, dove.  

• Love 1

I've mentioned before that the house I live in was once owned by the uncle of my now ex-husband.  As a single dad he raised his kids here, eventually married Aunt C and they lived here until his health failed.  Then they sold the house to us and moved a couple hundred miles away to the nearest VA hospital so he wouldn't have to travel so far for his treatments.

One night I woke up to see Uncle B standing over my youngest in her crib.  He was gently shaking the crib and only stopped when she stirred and let out a little murmer.  Then Uncle B turned to me, smiled, walked out the door and halfway down the hall he just disappeared.  I was so tired I just rolled over and went back to sleep.  

Later on I heard the phone ring, and my husband answer it.  He came to the bedroom and said "Aunt C just called.  Uncle B passed away a couple of hours ago."  I replied "I know.  He was here."  "What?"  "He was here during the night.  He was standing over the crib and shaking it.  Then he smiled at me and walked away and disappeared.  Uncle B is OK.  He wasn't unhappy at all.  I think he was just doing some kind of farewell tour of the places that meant a lot to him and checking on us.  He probably visited a lot of people last night."

I later told Aunt C about what happened that night.  She laughed and said that Uncle B loved it when she babysat children.  He'd ask "Don't you think they've had a long enough nap?  Maybe I should check on him/her."  Then he'd try to wake them up by shaking the crib.  If they wouldn't wake up easily he'd decide they needed more sleep, but if they woke up he could say "I knew it.  He/she was awake and just waiting for someone to come get them."  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 9

The night my mother died, I was at home in Tulsa.  She was in San Antonio.  The official time of her death is very early in the morning, not actually night.  We're not sure of the exact time.  Mr. Briefly was out of state for training for his job, so it was just me and the Briefly daughter.  We were sleeping in the living room, we called it a living room slumber party, because we knew Mom was not going to be with us long and I needed my daughter close to me.  Anyway, I had a very hard time falling asleep but I finally did.  I had a dream where I was suddenly in a room with my mother and she was telling me that she was trying to save memories.  I'm fairly certain that the time of my dream was pretty close to the time she died.  I am firmly convinced that it was more than just a dream, I really do think she was there and possibly that was her way of telling me goodbye and that she was ok.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 8

My mom died unexpectedly in 2016. She became ill, went to her little rural hospital, became unconscious, and was transferred to the nearest big city hospital in a matter of hours. She arrived at the big city hospital on a Monday afternoon, and while she remained unconscious, her condition was stable during the day.

By early Tuesday morning, I got the call that she only had an hour to live, and the local relatives were going back to the hospital. She lived in another state, and I felt very alone that day. I spent Tuesday waiting by the phone for news on her condition as she somehow remained alive long past the estimate the doctors gave us. She was still alive Tuesday night, so we were hoping against hope that maybe she would pull through.

Around 5am on Wednesday morning, I was laying in bed unable to sleep, and I heard her voice call my name. About an hour later I got the call that she had passed. The doctors couldn't explain how she had remained alive in her condition for more than a day, and then finally passed away early Wednesday. I knew the answer. Wednesday was my birthday, and Mom always called me on my birthday, but she couldn't call because she was unconscious, so she willed herself to stay alive past the early morning time of my birth. 

It was her very last "I love you, baby!" to me.

• Love 15

I've heard of that before, Catmann99. I was looking after an elderly neighbor and she told me. She fell into a deep sleep in the middle of the day & she never did that. She was awakened by her mother's voice calling her name. Her mother hadn't spoken for over a year. She was bedridden, 100 years old. Dorothy made her way upstairs and found her mother dead in her bed. Dorothy was stunned b/c she heard her mother call her from the top of the stairs.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

19 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

My mom died unexpectedly in 2016. She became ill, went to her little rural hospital, became unconscious, and was transferred to the nearest big city hospital in a matter of hours. She arrived at the big city hospital on a Monday afternoon, and while she remained unconscious, her condition was stable during the day.

By early Tuesday morning, I got the call that she only had an hour to live, and the local relatives were going back to the hospital. She lived in another state, and I felt very alone that day. I spent Tuesday waiting by the phone for news on her condition as she somehow remained alive long past the estimate the doctors gave us. She was still alive Tuesday night, so we were hoping against hope that maybe she would pull through.

Around 5am on Wednesday morning, I was laying in bed unable to sleep, and I heard her voice call my name. About an hour later I got the call that she had passed. The doctors couldn't explain how she had remained alive in her condition for more than a day, and then finally passed away early Wednesday. I knew the answer. Wednesday was my birthday, and Mom always called me on my birthday, but she couldn't call because she was unconscious, so she willed herself to stay alive past the early morning time of my birth. 

I'm now in tears, that is so special.  Very hard, but having been through something similar I can tell you that it is very special.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

4843A54C-8849-4BA8-9353-E1AF46BF1D05.png

Posted this here a  long  time ago. People made fun of my belief that I snapped... something.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Crap, I just noticed I wrote the wrong year on this. Mom passed in 2017. Sorry!

• Love 4

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

4843A54C-8849-4BA8-9353-E1AF46BF1D05.png

Posted this here a  long  time ago. People made fun of my belief that I snapped... something.

Can you tell me more about this picture? What was happening when the picture was taken? I see what looks like a dark silhouette, but I'm not sure if that it what I'm supposed to focus on. Thank you!

• Upvote 4

Took underground in the catacombs  beneath The 200 yr old Baltimore basilica.  Some areas are lighted, some are not. Just I asked if there were any spirits who wished to be photographed and started taking photos Maybe someone answered.

• Thank You 2

I think that smells are a strong memory trigger. I wonder if that’s why you find so many of the cigarette related stories.

I too had an instance where I wasn’t present for my grandmother’s passing or service. Then one night, across the country, I was in bed and I just thought I heard her call my name. Very simple. Her voice.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Not a ghost story, but right before my MIL passed away, in 2013, she asked if we could see her husband, who apparently just came through the room, according to her.  He died in 1981.

I came on the scene in 1999, and therefore never met her husband and could not confirm his presence.  She was convinced he was there.

She went in peace.  She was a widow longer than she was a wife.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 7/1/2016 at 11:22 AM, LadyCrow1313 said:

This isn't a scary story, per se, but it's hard for me to write.

My brother died almost 3 years ago (it was sudden, but we weren't all that surprised). I went to the memorial service for a friend's son about 1 years & a few months after my brother passed, & at end of the service, (if we chose) we could release a balloon in either the friend's son's memory, or for anyone else we chose (& we could write things on the balloon, too).

I took a marker & wrote a short message to my brother, & asked him to say hello to our grandparents and one of our aunts. I kissed it & let it fly with the others. Overall, it was a sweet service & it was nice to see the balloons fly away.

A few hours later, I was driving home after going grocery shopping. As I was driving up the ramp to a local mall on the way home, I was thinking of my brother (which I do every day) & listening to music. I distinctly heard his laughter & when he was really amused about something he'd always said "Oh No", & I heard that too.

Makes me wonder if he'd seen the balloon itself. :: shrugs ::

He was in the car w/you, LadyCrow.

• Love 4