IGNORED

Ghost Stories: Do You Haz?

FundieFarmer

I read that more soldiers in the civil was died of disease than war wounds. Dysentery & sepsis, dehydration, stuff like that.

Yes, I talk to Ollie just like he's in front of me. I don't want to piss him off. One night he slammed a door so loud it shook my bedframe.

Yes, I thought it took a lot of energy to move physical things. It was only 2 potatoes & 3 onions, but 2 potatoes can weigh a pound. It freaks me out that all that was going on in the room right next to me. I think Ollie is scared of my husband b/c he never opens his drawers. Funny thing is, before Ollie "talks" he makes this cough /throat-clearing noise. The very first time I heard was that. It was just getting light out. It came from the same place where I first heard him yell 'help'. I was frozen b/c just like the other times, I was frozen w/fear. But I thought I should go check on my man. As it turned out, he was awake. I said did you just go, "Hurrrumph!" He said "No. I heard it, too." So I know I'm not losing my bloody mind.

Ollie knows I love cats. I belong to a forum that I always end my post w/a picture of cats. One night I was getting into bed, lights on, everything.  I hear, right behind me; "Hurrumph. MEOW." I laughed. Now he's playing w/me. He

"Hurrumph-ed the night he yelled his name, too.

• Upvote 7

Very cool stories guys...

My Mother raised me in this house. I am 53 now. Way back when son#2 was a toddler he ( who wasn't much into talking )would play in his room happily for hours, jabbering away. I often came to him and asked,"Who are you talking to? He would say something like, "Mary" or me marry". - He had a book I would read to him called, "The Mouse Who Wanted to Marry"

He asked me to read it a couple times a month, and I thought he just wanted to marry someone. This went on for year or so. He was a lonely child as his 2 yrs older brother had no interest in him as he was always mean to him. Kiddo#2 would chatter after naps by himself, and still talked about his Mary. Marry. Merry?

One day he was in his room and an ambulance ruckus went by on a nearby street. He. started to flat out bawl. He totally lost it. This was totally against his demeanor. I went into his room and scooped him up, asking what was wrong. He burbled out, "My Mary, they're taking her away, she has to go!"  He kept going on and on. "My MARRY!

Right away he quit the play talking. It was just plainly not happening. One day a couple weeks later I thought to myself, wait a minute, my Mom's name was MaryHelen.  I or family always called her that, or Mom, whatever. She left here in an ambulance some 5+ years earlier, where she passed away at a hospital. People who didn't know her called her Mary, i.e. nurses etc.

She was his Mary. I think she felt bad for him and talked and played with him, beacuse brother wouldn't. She didn't get to see any grandkids, and I feel honed to believe she felt bad for him, and played with him. Mary never came back. Now he's 26, and wants nothing to do / hear about it or anything near that subject matter. She ironically looked exactly as he did at that age, I discovered later too.

She came to see me once. I am an athiest, btw, but she had a long white robe on with long slitted sleeves. She was beautiful. I asked her if she'd seen my family, and she nodded, and we "conversed" for a very short time. She sent thoughts, not spoke. It was very odd. She faded and left, and I cried. I wanted more. She was only 45, and left my Sis and I alone in this world. We don't have relatives, so I craved her so bad. This was mostly all I wanted. I needed to know if she was okay. Did she know who my husband is etc. I treasure that moment she was able to visit.  I hope someday she returns.

• Upvote 8

Wow, Quiver. You had a visitation. Her spirit must have been living in son#2, trying to get out. The ambulance noise must have caused him to re-play how it was for you when she was taken & the only way for her to get thru to you was to have him "re-live it."

Men are very skittish about the paranormal. They hate for us to bring up things that might make them feel something.

Who brought you up, if you don't mind my asking. I'm relieved to know you have your own family now.

And take heart. If you "talk" to your mother in your mind, she might come back. I never asked Ollie out loud what his name is. I just thought it.

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2016 at 7:35 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

I live near Philly, and we went to a festival at Christmas season in Elfreth's Alley in Olde City which is the oldest continuously occupied street in the US. It would seem. Some of the homes, which are privately owned were open and you could tour the first floors. One young owner said they had recently moved in and his wife woke up one night and then went to check on their infant and found a woman in old fashioned clothing bending over the crib.  Some innocuous words were spoken, I can't remember exactly by his wife, but it was a gentle encounter. The woman then disappeared. The young man didn't say that anything else had occurred. Of course moving into such old housing, one might expect this sort of thing to occur. 

I wonder things like.....what about heaven what about hell? We were promised all of that stuff in Sunday school and beyond. Never heard any explanation, of course, we just don't know, I guess. 

Um, no, I don't expect people to break into my house and look at my child, regardless of the age of the house. WTF.

EDIT: I thought I was on the other thread, where we were talking about Heaven & Hell & different beliefs. SORRY! Ignore me! 

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Upvote 2

I was raised by her as my dad passed when I was two. She packed us up and we moved accros the country to be with her Sis, my Aunt. They became estranged in a few years. By that time all grandparents had passed as well. Right now I have one relative ( moms cousin ) on the other side of the country. Thats it. It's been that was since my early 20's. 

I don't tell anyone. Also I am "empathetic" to others, especially with animals, l can sense what is wrong physically with them. If they have stomach pain I do too. -  I was a Vet tech before becoming a Mommy. It was what was very important to me at that time. This is a big secret I do not share, but feel I can here, for the first time. Thanks for not laughing.

Edited by Quivering Uterus
  • Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, Quivering Uterus said:

I was raised by her as my dad passed when I was two. She packed us up and we moved accros the country to be with her Sis, my Aunt. They became estranged in a few years. By that time all grandparents had passed as well. Right now I have one relative ( moms cousin ) on the other side of the country. Thats it. It's been that was since my early 20's. 

I don't tell anyone. Also I am "empathetic" to others, especially with animals, l can sense what is wrong physically with them. If they have stomach pain I do too. -  I was a Vet tech before becoming a Mommy. It was what was very important to me at that time. This is a big secret I do not share, but feel I can here, for the first time. Thanks for not laughing.

No, not laughing and you can be of great help.....kind of like a medical intuitive I guess. Your experiences are interesting. I am not at all intuitive. If you are smiling....I know you are happy.....that is it. 

• Upvote 1

I think Ollie is scared of my husband b/c he never opens his drawers.~me

I guess Ollie got the message. My hubby said he heard me yell for him in the middle of the night & he came running into my room & found me fast asleep. Ha-ha; now he has to be a believer, too.;)

• Upvote 1

My family moved into our new house in '76. My parents had it built and no other building had occupied the lot before then. Not long after we moved in my mom and I noticed what sounded like boxes being moved around on the concrete basement floor. Dad was out of the house or in the workshop so it was just the two of us in the house. We went down to the basement to see what was going on. Nothing. Nothing looked like it had been moved and there was no noise. Some time after we were back upstairs the noise started again. Same thing.

After a while we noticed that the noise would stop the instant we put our hand on the basement doorknob. So we started playing with the noise: Mom and I would take turns tiptoeing over to the door and stand there silently for a few seconds or a couple of minutes then gently and silently place one finger on the doorknob. The sound would stop instantly. We would do this off and on for months. Dad said it was squirrels. Uh, no, Dad. Plus, you said this house was going to be pest free! You guaranteed it!

The noise stopped when Dad started working to finish the basement into an apartment. I moved into this apartment in the fall of '81 when I started college. After a few months my keys started to go missing. I'd put them on the breakfast bar near my purse and in the morning they'd be gone and I had to search the apt. to find them. Also, over the next few years, I noticed an uneasy feeling in my bedroom and it seemed to be emanating from one of the closets. Everything came to a head one night when I was sitting cross-legged in the middle of my bed studying for a test when I heard the sound of one of the kitchen chairs moving across the hard tile floor, like it was being pulled out then pushed back in under the table. I froze. This was followed by footsteps coming down the hallway and when they got to the 'L' of the hallway to turn the corner I let out a blood-curdling scream. The footsteps stopped. My parents' bedroom was right above mine and I could hear them clambering out of bed, running across the house and down the stairs. I felt like an idiot, but I told them what happened. Dad said I was dreaming, but I was reading and could've told him what I'd just read. I told mom I wasn't sleeping down there any longer and she understood. I never slept down there again (I slept in my old bedroom on the main floor).

After I graduated I worked in academia and when I was home for Christmas or summer breaks my keys would go missing after a few days as if whatever-it-was figured out that I was home. To this day I'm hesitant to go down to that basement by myself.

• Upvote 3

I was 15 when my Grandpa died and I knew he had passed as he came and sat on the end of my bed to say goodbye, I wasn't scared just glad to have seen him one more time. 5 minutes after that the hospice he was in phoned to tell my mum he had died. 

Last night I was falling asleep at the laptop when I heard my Gramps saying my name in my ear to wake me up.  This is not the first time it has happened, I have heard him say my name a few times over the years, no other message which makes me a bit sad as I would love to talk to him again and find out what he thinks of my children as I know they would have adored him.

I see my first cat Cooper sometimes as well and have felt him climbing onto the bed as I'm drifting off to sleep (I know it's not my current cat Alfie as he sleeps next to my pillow and is already on the bed when I feel Cooper), thankfully Alfie doesn't seem to mind when Cooper is around.

• Upvote 3

My old cat, the one I had with the Practice Husband, still comes occasionally to visit me, an entire state away.. and many, many years later. I can tell the cat by the feel of the jump onto the bed..Maybe that's why Four of Four's kitten won't hang out on my bed. He knows it's previously owned!  It's a totally different bed, but.. what a cat owns, a cat owns.

• Upvote 3

My husband, who is a non believer of all things paranormal, had an experience of his own. Prior to the two labs we currently have we had a black lab. After our dog passed my husband was away on a business trip overnight about 5 hours from home. He says he went to bed and was just about asleep when he felt something jump up on the bed and settle where our dog would normally sleep. It was so real that he turned on the light, no dog, but disturbed blankets on the other side of the bed. He doesn't make fun of ghosts much now, lol.

• Upvote 6

I have never had a paranormal experience. Hopefully I won't. 

@ksgranola1   Yes, I read books years ago by Bruce Catton which talked about how many soldiers died of disease and from the inability to heal from wounds which would not have killed except from infection. And many were so young. 

15 hours ago, TeaGrannie said:

My husband, who is a non believer of all things paranormal, had an experience of his own. Prior to the two labs we currently have we had a black lab. After our dog passed my husband was away on a business trip overnight about 5 hours from home. He says he went to bed and was just about asleep when he felt something jump up on the bed and settle where our dog would normally sleep. It was so real that he turned on the light, no dog, but disturbed blankets on the other side of the bed. He doesn't make fun of ghosts much now, lol.

We always had multiple cats, all of them our babies. the fewest of those; 2. The most: 11. Whenever I lay down to nap or crawl into bed at night, I always feel that. I can feel them settle down, lick their paws & scratch .

We are retired now & sometimes travel, so we made a decision not to have any more cats. I miss them terribly. We also had to be practical. we are in the late autumn of our years and if we pass, I don't want a loved pet go to people that would not love them as much.

• Upvote 2

When my friend's two dogs were killed under the care of a negligent petsitter, I came to help her, well...clean up the aftermath. We had mostly set everything back to nothing when suddenly, apropos of nothing, an antique painting fell from the wall, smashing two antique vases beneath it.

Nothing should've made it fall from the wall that we could tell- no weak nail, no snapping painting cable, no slamming door or vibration of the wall.

All I can say is that:

One girl- one painting

Two dogs- two vases

We booked it out of the house after that and came back the next day to finish up. We were creeped out- the symbolism was too striking.

• Upvote 3

Okay so I've never talked about this, to ANYONE, but the only experience I ever had was when I was home alone one day. I live in an apartment and nothing has ever happened to me before, and nothing after (thankfully) but one day, I was sitting on the couch watching tv. I kept getting an uneasy feeling from the left of me in the corner of the room. Every minute, I'd give the corner the side-eye and kept thinking something was there, it was so weird. Then, I swear this, I heard a growl come from there. I froze in shock, then ran the heck out of my apartment. I stayed in the hallway until my family got back. Nothing felt weird when I came back in.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FundieFarmer said:

When my friend's two dogs were killed under the care of a negligent petsitter, I came to help her, well...clean up the aftermath. We had mostly set everything back to nothing when suddenly, apropos of nothing, an antique painting fell from the wall, smashing two antique vases beneath it.

Nothing should've made it fall from the wall that we could tell- no weak nail, no snapping painting cable, no slamming door or vibration of the wall.

All I can say is that:

One girl- one painting

Two dogs- two vases

We booked it out of the house after that and came back the next day to finish up. We were creeped out- the symbolism was too striking.

That must have been terrible for your friend to lose both of her dogs at the same time. Especially a situation like that.

But the painting and the vases falling must have been horrifying. Did this pet sitter harm the dogs on purpose, and that's what the symbolism meant? :( It must have been her babies trying their best to communicate what happened to them.

• Upvote 2

It was awful. Supposedly she didn't do it on purpose- we'll never really know, I guess. All we know is what she told us and what we came back to, and they didn't really line up. But it just seemed like the painting fell and ruined the vases just as the dogs died under her care with no prior warning either. There was no repairing the vases and no repairing our broken hearts or bringing the dogs back. The painting was fine, just like the girl went on relatively unscathed. It was spooky as all get out, and sad to boot. I was next to the vases when it fell- just me- and screamed so damn loud everybody came running from all corners of the house. My friend and I are rather superstitious and we were done after that.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:54 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

I am stunned. How are you feeling about this, lol? I mean, are you nervous a lot, or used to it by now? 

I'm ok w/it b/c it doesn't seem malevolent. And he knows I like cats! One night, getting into bed, I heard the cough, then "meow." right behind me. I laughed. I've talked to it. This seems to be "his" space & I don't want him to feel we're pushing him out. A cpl of times I've said, "Go to the light, Ollie." It's been about 3 months since I've heard/seen anything so maybe he's on vacation.;) *slamming doors in the middle of the night*

I can always sage the place if it gets scarey.

5 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I'm ok w/it b/c it doesn't seem malevolent. And he knows I like cats! One night, getting into bed, I heard the cough, then "meow." right behind me. I laughed. I've talked to it. This seems to be "his" space & I don't want him to feel we're pushing him out. A cpl of times I've said, "Go to the light, Ollie." It's been about 3 months since I've heard/seen anything so maybe he's on vacation.;) *slamming doors in the middle of the night*

I can always sage the place if it gets scarey.

Wow, I'm surprised you haven't saged already if you know to do that. I would be pretty freaked out. Myself. 

I have 2 stories that made me a believer. 

1) We're cleaning my dad and brother's grave and I hear my two year old say "Hi bud!"  I ask who she is talking too and she points to my brother's grave. She says "Uhnkl Ciss". My brother passed away 6 years earlier and was named Chris. We don't talk about him because it triggers my mom. 

2)  Dh and I were driving and we saw this little girl on the side of the road, she was in a blue dress and bonnet. She starts jumping and waving us down. We turn the car around and she takes off down a dirt road towards a house. Mind you this is at like noon on a sunny day. Dh gets out and goes to the house then scream for me to call 911. A older women had fallen and couldn't get to her phone. 

In the hospital she said there were no families with young girls around her but her sister passed away when she was 10 and buried in a blue dress and bonnet. 

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Wenny said:

I have 2 stories that made me a believer. 

1) We're cleaning my dad and brother's grave and I hear my two year old say "Hi bud!"  I ask who she is talking too and she points to my brother's grave. She says "Uhnkl Ciss". My brother passed away 6 years earlier and was named Chris. We don't talk about him because it triggers my mom. 

2)  Dh and I were driving and we saw this little girl on the side of the road, she was in a blue dress and bonnet. She starts jumping and waving us down. We turn the car around and she takes off down a dirt road towards a house. Mind you this is at like noon on a sunny day. Dh gets out and goes to the house then scream for me to call 911. A older women had fallen and couldn't get to her phone. 

In the hospital she said there were no families with young girls around her but her sister passed away when she was 10 and buried in a blue dress and bonnet. 

The story of the little girl in the blue dress and bonnet is so sweet. And it begs the question of ......for how long are people ghosts, and do they get to "move on" at some point. And I guess no one really knows. I guess. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

The story of the little girl in the blue dress and bonnet is so sweet. And it begs the question of ......for how long are people ghosts, and do they get to "move on" at some point. And I guess no one really knows. I guess. 

Dh swears she is either pulling our leg or made it up but the thing that got me is I didn't hear a peep from the girl. 

2 hours ago, Wenny said:

Dh swears she is either pulling our leg or made it up but the thing that got me is I didn't hear a peep from the girl. 

Well, as I said upthread, I know of people, and have met one personally, who sees "dead people". And my old neighbor has a friend who does and has often. Personally, nothing I would like as a talent. And, a lot of people just refuse to consider the possibillity. It is a lovely story. And if the girl was ten, she could have spoken. Did she look solid...or didn't you notice or  consider, I guess not, that she was a ghost. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2016 at 6:36 PM, JoyfulSel said:

Okay so I've never talked about this, to ANYONE, but the only experience I ever had was when I was home alone one day. I live in an apartment and nothing has ever happened to me before, and nothing after (thankfully) but one day, I was sitting on the couch watching tv. I kept getting an uneasy feeling from the left of me in the corner of the room. Every minute, I'd give the corner the side-eye and kept thinking something was there, it was so weird. Then, I swear this, I heard a growl come from there. I froze in shock, then ran the heck out of my apartment. I stayed in the hallway until my family got back. Nothing felt weird when I came back in.

Aw, HAIL to the NAW on this. If I hear anything growling in my damned house, I'm out.

I've seen way too many horror movies to be able to even deal with that.

• Upvote 1