Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
FundieFarmer

Ghost Stories: Do You Haz?

Recommended Posts

Briefly

I went over to my local (step) mother in law's today. She's not the one that was so awful to my daughter and me, I do have some issues with this one but we are at least able to get along because we are choosing to.  Anyway.  Her dog died about 3 weeks ago, extreme old age and it was expected.  But she's been housebound for a few days because she had surgery.  She said that she hopes I don't think she's crazy, but she's seen her dog on 3 different occasions.  I do believe her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
scoutsadie

@Briefly, I hope your stepMiL's ghost dog is giving her some comfort!

I'm sure ghost pets would be sad or difficult to handle for some people, but man, that sounds awesome to me. Scout could continue to meow-quack at me from the beyond (we used to have entire conversations), and Sadie could share my lap with her two younger sisters... 😻 😻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ksgranola1

We have been doing some home improvements here and I'm wondering if that is going to stir the spirits up. I've read that they get agitated when you move things around or change things. We tore up the carpet in the hallway wheb Ollie, my ghost hangs out. The carpet was there when we moved in & was already a little stained & we have made it worse.So my hubby & grandson spent a cpl days pulling it up & pulling all the nailers & staples out I'm expecting if this ghost used to live here, it won't like this. When we first moved in 13 years ago, we took down a wall btw. the living room & dining room. Activity picked up, right then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Depressed
tabitha2

They Probably see that as their home and excuse me, Who the hell are you changing things? I think TF Not ! ;)

 

There is a ghost story  about the Ghost of either  Abigail Adams or Dolley Madison appearing to berating gardeners for tearing up the old White House Rose beds they had planted. Needless to say the men did not move the roses that day ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ksgranola1

😅I can just see their faces!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
scoutsadie
On 9/25/2019 at 12:01 PM, ksgranola1 said:

We have been doing some home improvements here and I'm wondering if that is going to stir the spirits up. I've read that they get agitated when you move things around or change things. 

Eep, I've been painting my kitchen! (Buttery yellow, and I love it!) 😁

I first did the biggest wall during a weekday (I'm in between jobs right now), and then waited to see if my husband noticed that evening.

Nope.

So the next day, I painted another part...

Nope.

(And it's not like it was a minor change...we're talking from a khaki tan to yellow!)

Over the rest of the week, I did another section, and then the soffets, and still, he never noticed.

I finally called him in one evening - a week from the day I had started the project - and asked if he noticed a difference. He looked around, got a sheepish expression on his face, and said, "No...?"

 Oh well. I love it, and at least he doesn't hate it! (We'll see if any spirits notice any quicker!) :👻 :laughing-rollingyellow:

Edited by scoutsadie
hit submit too soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
PumaLover

OK folks, I was referred to this thread after having something of an encounter tonight. I consider myself an atheist but am spiritual in some ways (mostly relating to nature) and am extremely empathetic, maybe sometimes to a fault.

I live in the middle of nowhere and partook in our mountain community's Trunk or Treat. I hate driving at night so my husband opted to take the group of teenagers to the next event, higher up the mountain, while I drove home. I had just pulled over to let someone pass because I drive much slower at night because I'm afraid of hitting a deer.

Up ahead, on the left side of the road, I noticed a large white circle that looked like vapor, probably 4-5 feet tall, moving across the road like a person would be walking. As I got closer it vanished in my headlights. I have never had cold chills like this before–I was bundled up in snow gear and the chills went to my core, and it took hours for them to go away. 

I tried to run all the rational things through my head–it was fog, it was exhaust, it was a glare on my windshield. I had just washed my car this morning so the windshield was clear (for once). There were no other vehicles around. There was no explanation. 

We have a large population of Native Americans up here and I guess there is a regular occurrence of people seeing a figure in the middle of the road at night, only to have it vanish in front of their headlights. I am still not sure what I saw but I have a strong feeling it was something paranormal.

And despite what I usually remark on in my posts, I was 100% sober tonight when this happened. 

  • Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ksgranola1

Wow, that would give me chills, too! Nice account, Puma.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
scoutsadie

Ignore the picture in the post linked above - the link at the bottom of the post is about a gorgeous, supposedly haunted house in the Finger Lakes region of NY. Somebody buy it and make it a B&B, so I can come stay!

On 11/1/2019 at 2:55 AM, PumaLover said:

OK folks, I was referred to this thread after having something of an encounter tonight. I consider myself an atheist but am spiritual in some ways (mostly relating to nature) and am extremely empathetic, maybe sometimes to a fault.

I live in the middle of nowhere and partook in our mountain community's Trunk or Treat. I hate driving at night so my husband opted to take the group of teenagers to the next event, higher up the mountain, while I drove home. I had just pulled over to let someone pass because I drive much slower at night because I'm afraid of hitting a deer.

Up ahead, on the left side of the road, I noticed a large white circle that looked like vapor, probably 4-5 feet tall, moving across the road like a person would be walking. As I got closer it vanished in my headlights. I have never had cold chills like this before–I was bundled up in snow gear and the chills went to my core, and it took hours for them to go away. 

I tried to run all the rational things through my head–it was fog, it was exhaust, it was a glare on my windshield. I had just washed my car this morning so the windshield was clear (for once). There were no other vehicles around. There was no explanation. 

We have a large population of Native Americans up here and I guess there is a regular occurrence of people seeing a figure in the middle of the road at night, only to have it vanish in front of their headlights. I am still not sure what I saw but I have a strong feeling it was something paranormal.

And despite what I usually remark on in my posts, I was 100% sober tonight when this happened. 

IT SPOOKY, @PumaLover! 😆  Have you seen it again, or anything since?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Depressed
tabitha2

I would do some research into the history of that area to see about any historical tragedy, battle or death  on or near that site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
PumaLover
12 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

IT SPOOKY, @PumaLover! 😆  Have you seen it again, or anything since?

I haven't, but it's always on my mind when I drive at night up here. Being that this was originally Native American land, I can imagine that there might be some angry, unrested souls. Even to this day, there are conflicts between the whites and Natives. 

There is a historical society up here that seems to be very thorough and has a lot of great information. I think I will check with them to see if they can shed some light on it, or if anyone else has seen something similar in that area. A year or so ago someone saw an actual person in the middle of the road at night, on a different road but nearby, and they stopped but the person vanished. It was then stated that others have had similar experiences.

My sister lives in a different area but saw a definite black mist moving across the road in daylight one time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LiterallyBananas

Yes! Can we please talk about the beautiful NY house! I originally saw it on the IG acct Cheap Old Houses and was smitten.

I want to know why the outside looks so impeccable but the inside is a bit of a mess... mostly water damage and whatnot, almost like it was just straight-up abandoned to decay but at one time was well loved. The inside doesn't have the signature "why the f did they try and carpet/remodel/paint/make into aparments and turn it into an atrocity" of many homes in that condition, nor does it have the vandalism of some places that sit empty for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ksgranola1

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.

Ollie my ghost-in-residence has been at it again. My grandaughter left me her "fairy garden" to care for. It has  a little plastic rake. I noticed the rake was standing up, dug into the soil. I asked mr Granola if he did it. "No." Ok, so I knew it was Ollie.

A few days later it was my cane. I keep it wedged against a drawer to help me up from my chair. I came in the room & it was in front of my chair. I was home alone.

Yesterday, I wrapped presents. Mr Granola wrapped the kids' stuff on the dining room table. He was over at my daughters watching football. I picked up a roll & changed my mind. I took it back to the dining room & chose another one, did my work & cleaned up. This morning I came in my computer room & the original roll was on the table. Hubby said, "Why would I do that?" when I asked.

Conclusion now is, Ollie is harmless & a little endearing.

The other morning, Hubs went to mass, & I thought I heard him in the kitchen.I saw a large man-shaped figure, all grey, in the living room. 9 in the morning, lights on. When I gasped, it vanished.That one freaked me out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
scoutsadie

@ksgranola1 (and all), happy holidays to you!!

I am a pretty firm skeptic, but your Ollie anecdotes really make me think.

I wish you hadn't had that unnerving experience, though. Hope that's the only time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xan
1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.

Ollie my ghost-in-residence has been at it again. My grandaughter left me her "fairy garden" to care for. It has  a little plastic rake. I noticed the rake was standing up, dug into the soil. I asked mr Granola if he did it. "No." Ok, so I knew it was Ollie.

A few days later it was my cane. I keep it wedged against a drawer to help me up from my chair. I came in the room & it was in front of my chair. I was home alone.

Yesterday, I wrapped presents. Mr Granola wrapped the kids' stuff on the dining room table. He was over at my daughters watching football. I picked up a roll & changed my mind. I took it back to the dining room & chose another one, did my work & cleaned up. This morning I came in my computer room & the original roll was on the table. Hubby said, "Why would I do that?" when I asked.

Conclusion now is, Ollie is harmless & a little endearing.

The other morning, Hubs went to mass, & I thought I heard him in the kitchen.I saw a large man-shaped figure, all grey, in the living room. 9 in the morning, lights on. When I gasped, it vanished.That one freaked me out.

 

I just read this and now have goosebumps all over my arms.

I believe you.  When my two oldest were very young, we lived in a house that had a male "visitor".  Both kids described him and were able to see him when he popped in.  I never did.  One day before leaving the house, I left him a note saying he no longer owned that house and needed to leave --  and to please stop scaring me and the children.  After a while, they didn't see him anymore.  

We had bought the house from a widow.  They were an older couple who had just gotten the house after retiring and the husband had died of a heart attack in the house.  I always thought it was probably him still trying to finish enjoying his retirement.  My son, three at the time, told me the man's name and I said I didn't think that was correct.  Real estate agent had said the man's name was "John".  My son called him "Gus" and I found out later from a neighbor that "Gus" was a nickname that he preferred to be called.  It totally freaked me out.

Edited by Xan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ksgranola1

My jaw just dropped, Xan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HideousGreenShirt

I have a couple. Not sure if they're ghosts or just unexplainable situations - can you tell I'm a skeptic?
The first one I was a child probably about 6, and staying at a friend's house. Their house was pretty old and near a cemetery and the nearby school was alleged to be haunted. It never really interested or bothered me. One day we went into the spare room, nothing exciting, just general playing. Suddenly there was the strongest, weirdest smell. Natural and unpleasant, but nothing I'd smelled before or since. It was super intense and weird and seemed to follow me around the room. Then it was gone. It happened a handful more times over the years, only ever in that room though.

The other was a couple of years ago, I went on a night ghost tour of a local beach town, not my choice, I was just along for company. To be honest, it all sounded kinda like nonsensey folk stories to me. At one point we were walking through a graveyard, and something shoved past the back of my leg. It felt exactly like a medium sized dog, border collie/small labrador size. Of course that seemed crazy to me so I turned around to see if the people behind had accidentally kicked me but they were a good few feet away. I was absolutely sure it was a dog but there were none around.
Not long after on the tour, the guide started talking about the ghosts of sailors' dogs and where they had been sensed/spotted. As difficult as it is for me to believe, I'm convinced it was a ghost dog and I'm happy it got a little human contact.

I'm very skeptical when it comes to this kind of thing, but I do believe people have experiences with spirits, ghosts, whatever you want to call them. I don't wish them any harm but I think it's best not to dabble in their world.

This thread is a fascinating read! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
scoutsadie

To all who are celebrating today, merry Christmas or happy Hanukkah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ksgranola1

Can I post a picture in here?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
Blahblah
1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

Can I post a picture in here?

 

 You can if it doesn’t break any rules (eg is from a private fb or instagram).

If you are asking because you are concerned about it potentially upsetting people just put it behind a spoiler and post a warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ksgranola1

What's a spoiler?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
7 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

What's a spoiler?

 

Putting it behind a spoiler tag so people who want to view it to click on it.  Like this:

Spoiler

I put this line behind a spoiler

Insert the pic > highlight it > and click the eye icon in the tool bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ksgranola1

Thank you, Buffy!

Here's the picture.

Spoiler

ghost.jpg

 

Edited by Blahblah
Remove empty spoiler box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
livinginthelight

@ksgranola1 it might be helpful to give us a hint what's behind the spoiler? Like, did you get a picture of your guest? Or is it something horribly gruesome? Asking because I am cautious about what I click on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ksgranola1

It's a picture of a lady standing by the patio doors. Their cat had been hissing at the doors every night so they snapped the picture. When  they put it up on the computer screen, there was an image of a child standing on the patio.

I put it in the hidden content b/c I read someone got flack  for posting a picture.

It's a fascinating picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.