IGNORED

Ghost Stories: Do You Haz?

FundieFarmer

I've heard my beagle a couple of times lately, and about 2 weeks ago I felt her jump in bed with me.  I saw a faint shadow coming around the corner into the living room when I was sitting on the couch with a migraine.  She came right up to me, like she always did.

• Love 9

Does anybody have theories on why some people are more prone (if you will) or open to seeing ghosts and paranormal things? Up until the last two months of my life I have never seen a ghost or totally believed. Reasons I now believe

Two-ish months ago I went into the reception area of my office to get a patient who was waiting. She was sitting next to a woman which was very typical for her; the patient lived in a retirement community and would typically bring an older woman or two with her who were bored and wanted to get out of the house. I bring the patient back into the treatment room, and we start talking; turns out her sister had died two days prior. I treat her and begin walking her back up to the reception area and asked "what are you girls up to today?" and was met with a very strange look. We got up there and the only people up front were the women who work in the office. I asked where Gail went - is she in the bathroom or back in the car? All three woman turned to me and said the parking lot was empty and there was no one else in the building. Every hair on my body stood up but I just went back to my office while the patient checked out and left. 

After she was gone I went up front and asked our receptionist to find a picture of the patient's sister who had just died. Easy enough on Facebook. Every hair on my body stood up again when she showed me and the woman in the photo was an exact match for the woman sitting in my waiting room. 

In the last few weeks I continuously see a woman in the same seat in the waiting area, but the facial features are not as clear as that first time; it's more a figure that I sense is female. 

In addition to that, today, I was sitting at my desk catching up on patient notes when I suddenly got this OVERWHELMING feeling about a patient. He's a young male who I see maybe every two months or so who I had seen somewhat recently, no reason for concern; but I could not shake the feeling and wasn't sure why he came into my mind but I couldn't continue working until I found him. Decided to Google his name and the top link is to his obituary - died a few days ago and the funeral was TODAY at the exact time I got the "premonition" if you will. Forty years old, not sick, no reason for me to worry. 

I just... why now? Why am I suddenly feeling like a medium? What is going on?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Casserole said:

Does anybody have theories on why some people are more prone (if you will) or open to seeing ghosts and paranormal things? Up until the last two months of my life I have never seen a ghost or totally believed. Reasons I now believe

Two-ish months ago I went into the reception area of my office to get a patient who was waiting. She was sitting next to a woman which was very typical for her; the patient lived in a retirement community and would typically bring an older woman or two with her who were bored and wanted to get out of the house. I bring the patient back into the treatment room, and we start talking; turns out her sister had died two days prior. I treat her and begin walking her back up to the reception area and asked "what are you girls up to today?" and was met with a very strange look. We got up there and the only people up front were the women who work in the office. I asked where Gail went - is she in the bathroom or back in the car? All three woman turned to me and said the parking lot was empty and there was no one else in the building. Every hair on my body stood up but I just went back to my office while the patient checked out and left. 

After she was gone I went up front and asked our receptionist to find a picture of the patient's sister who had just died. Easy enough on Facebook. Every hair on my body stood up again when she showed me and the woman in the photo was an exact match for the woman sitting in my waiting room. 

In the last few weeks I continuously see a woman in the same seat in the waiting area, but the facial features are not as clear as that first time; it's more a figure that I sense is female. 

In addition to that, today, I was sitting at my desk catching up on patient notes when I suddenly got this OVERWHELMING feeling about a patient. He's a young male who I see maybe every two months or so who I had seen somewhat recently, no reason for concern; but I could not shake the feeling and wasn't sure why he came into my mind but I couldn't continue working until I found him. Decided to Google his name and the top link is to his obituary - died a few days ago and the funeral was TODAY at the exact time I got the "premonition" if you will. Forty years old, not sick, no reason for me to worry. 

I just... why now? Why am I suddenly feeling like a medium? What is going on?

Have you experienced a recent loss? The reason I ask is that a lot of my experiences began after my grandmother passed away, and we were very close. 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Have you experienced a recent loss? The reason I ask is that a lot of my experiences began after my grandmother passed away, and we were very close. 

No losses, and really not even any changes in my personal life. I do not consider myself religious, but I am spiritual. I meditate. I am calm.

I will say that in the last few months I have felt an overall shift in my mindset and a seriously increasing feeling of inner peace. Does that inner peace make me operate at a higher consciousness now that is available/accessible to spirits? Even saying that I feel crazy lol but the experiences were too real for me to think it was just my imagination. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Robotkin-you're an empath. Don't let it scare you. Enjoy it.

I've heard that word before, used to describe some of my stuff.  I have also heard it described as a gift from God, which as a Christian I like that.  But I think a lot more people may be empathic, or sensitive, that don't necessarily realize it.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

Wow, 2 pages since I've been here.

Couple new things happened. My glasses. I have gotten in the habit of putting them in my Kleenex box on my bed at night when I turn in, or on the tray on the bedside table. I never vary from that b/c I've dropped them behind the bed a cpl times & had a hard time retrieving them. One morning I woke up & they weren't in either place. I asked my husband to look b/c I expected they were behind the bed again. He said they weren't. He came back a few minutes later w/my glasses. "They were on the chair." I would never put my glasses on my chair. B/c I could sit on them.  A little back story about the chair: the first incident I had was finding a drawer open during the night. The next morning I found my button box on that chair.  Then my glasses and a few nights ago, a nightie.

I opened the drawer to pull out a nightie and I saw the one my daughter had given me for Christmas under the top one. I thought I would use it b/c w/the A/C on, my legs get cold and the gown is long. But my husband had done the laundry & he folded it all nice so I didn't want to disturb it. I used the one on top. The next morning, here's the blue nightie draped over the arm of the chair, unfolded. The hair on the back of my neck stood up.

And today, I was making cinnamon rolls in the kitchen. There's an island w/a lazy susan in the middle. I gathered all the stuff I'd need & got to work. While I was rolling out the dough, I looked up & the Lazy Susan was spinning. Not wildly, just gently. I looked around to make sure none of my stuff was touching it. I had pushed it up out of my work zone when I got all the baking stuff out. Nothing was touching it. I thought it was kindof sweet. I used to be terrified of these incidence but I'm not anymore.

Yes, my mother has passed, a good 35 yeas now, But she wasn't all sweetness & light. She was very critical of me & never approved of anything I did. I don't think she would come back w/a different personality.

• Upvote 7

I'd been avoiding this thread for awhile, but here I am :P Where do I start... I'll try to type out something coherent.

This is a very sensitive topic for me. I consider myself to be a very skeptical, realistic person. I have mental illnesses (depression and anxiety) and this has always factored into my skepticism of the supernatural, and my experiences. Nonetheless, I've always been extremely curious and have gravitated toward "ghosts" and the like for as long as I can remember. Sometimes it's harder to accept that something happened than to accept that you may be "crazy." If I were to keep questioning myself, I would spiral into devastation over what I know to be true, and what I wish to believe.

I'm staying very vague, but I had some extensive experiences throughout my teen years that I still find deeply disturbing and difficult to accept. It's been about 6 years since then... I would say I suppressed most of what I experience in the day time, and now it pours into my sleep. I don't really label myself as anything. I wouldn't know what to call myself, even if I wanted to call myself something. I would say I've experienced all of the stereotypical... STUFF. I'll probably share a lot of my past and present/ future experiences as it feels appropriate.

TW: Suicide

Spoiler

Dead people dreams:
1) the night my sister's ex took his life, I dreamed of him even though I had never personally met him. He was a mess, yelling and crying, trying to communicate something to me, to my sister. Maybe to try to get to my sister. Tragically, my sister was working a mile from his house on that night.
2) when I was away at college, my mom told me that my grandfather-like figure had passed away. I immediately responded "I know," and shocked by my words, I remembered the dream I had of him, wherever we were, I was greeting him as he passed over to wherever... All I remember is the joy we felt, and his smiling face. His wife, who I was much closer with, took such good care of my siblings and I when we were young. Everyone always thought he would die long before his wife, but she died quick and suddenly, and he lived another 10 years or so. When she died, he stopped seeing us. I always felt like he missed her so much, and seeing me was just another reminder that she was gone. As I grew up, we would see eachother, and I should've said "hello" to him, but he never approached me. He avoided me. So whether this dream I had was a manufactured memory or not... It was an extremely good one. He looked at me and smiled out of pure joy, and that's the best kind of memory I could ask for.

I have A LOT of weird sleep shit. When I was a teen, I started sleeping with earplugs, a sleep mask, and wrapped in blankets so I couldn't hear/see/feel what I did... as much. And those things helped, which is just.... IF I WERE IMAGINING IT, WHY WERE THE SOUNDS AND TOUCHES MUFFLED?

Anyway, those things don't regularly occur anymore, but I still sleep that way. I dream WILDLY, straight up "Inception" type shit. I don't really like it because I'm not exactly lucid. Any important dreams I recall at a later time. Figures... I've experienced waking paralysis - something I never realized was different from sleep paralysis. Apparently it's common for any hallucinations during this time to be... female? Nice to know! Mine have always been a female speaking coherently to me or laughing.

There's been times when I'm falling asleep and I experience something like paralysis - like the thought that accompanies a "gut feeling," all I hear is what I think would be my stream of subconsciousness. It's very depressing self-talk, but I have no control over it and I can't move/ feel my body. I also recall seeing a figure and being terrified during some of these experiences... I frequently wake up in the early morning - 3-5am, and hear someone talking to me, or again, that figure, but I'm not as afraid.

My most recent sleep experience, however, is literally something most people fear happening when they're falling asleep!
I've had this fear for all of my life, and have never had it happen until recently. Something grabs my foot/ feet. Distinctly. No mistaking it. I'll be in bed, close to sleep but still distinctly conscious, and no mistaking it... SOMEONE JUST GRABBED MY FOOT.

My room is pitch black... the first time it happened, I kicked the offender away and sat up, squinted my eyes to see... Until reluctantly getting up and turning on the light. MUST'VE BEEN MY IMAGINATION (it totally wasn't)

It happens another night. I shake it off again. Another time... And the last time, both of my feet were grabbed. I sleep with my feet covered because I already feared Satan trying to drag me to hell from my bed. But hey, it's no big deal, guys! My feet are just being *grabbed* not *dragged*! All fun and games! I distinctly feel the blanket crush around my feet. That time, I was completely freaked out... I contemplated trying to sleep in my sister's bed (I'm 24), but instead I just slept with all of my lights on. Which I've never done.

Sorry for the TL;DR

Edited by precious blessing
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 5

I forgot about this thread! Things have been pretty quiet here lately, other than random noises that Mr. Shrew & both hear, the cats freaking out, and Mr. Shrew seeing a tin water dipper, that belonged to my great-grandmother, move by itself. Same old same old. Recently the shenanigans have increased, though.

My mom died around 9PM on Valentine's Day; my sister was with her but Mr. Shrew & I had come home (we live 45 minutes away from her nursing home) because we expected her to live at least another day. Right when I walked into our apartment, I felt a warm, peaceful feeling flow over me. A few minutes later my sister texted that she thought Mama was gone; they were waiting to see if she took another breath. Ten minutes later she told me Mama was gone. I've never felt any sense of my mom being around except for that one time. I don't really expect her to visit. 

A few weeks ago on a Friday night Mr. Shrew & I went to bed as usual. He went straight to sleep & I read for a bit. I finally cut the light off, & turned over on my stomach to go to sleep. Less than five minutes later (yeah, I checked my phone when I cut the light off & when this happened), I felt someone playing with my hair, like ruffling the top of my head like you might do to a little kid. I knew it wasn't Mr. Shrew, because he was on his stomach facing the other way, & I hadn't felt him move. I turned on my lamp & checked, but he was sound asleep. Of course I woke him up because I was freaked out, & told him what happened. He asked if my mom was visiting, but it didn't feel like her. Plus, she never did things like that.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon, and I got a group message on Facebook that a guy I went to school with had died of a heroin overdose Friday night. I immediately told Mr. Shrew, "It was Scott who was messing with my hair Friday night." When we were in Jr. high together, he would walk by my desk & ruffle up my hair. 
I hadn't seen him or even heard anything about him for over 30 years, but since the beginning of this year he was on my mind for some reason. Then a few months ago he was arrested & I saw his mugshot. He started showing up on Facebook, friending classmates. A few days before he died he posted a couple of long, rambling comments on an old friend's page, obviously while on something.
He was a funny, smart guy, & we all thought he'd be the most successful of us. Instead it seems he lived a very troubled life, dealing with multiple addictions.
Since he died, I've felt his presence around me, but not in a threatening or menacing way. I'm not afraid of the dark, & can't sleep with any lights on. One night last week I got up in the middle of the night to take an Aleve, & as I walked out our open bedroom door, there was a dark shadow, the size & shape of a tall, broad-shouldered man, in the doorway, obscuring the little bit of light from the living room window. My eyes were accustomed to the dark & I could see everything else like normal, just that one man-sized area of solid darkness. For a few seconds I thought it was a real person, but no one can get in here without us hearing and seeing. I could feel someone standing there, though.
I realized it was there right before I walked out the door, and it just dispersed, like went in all different directions. I immediately turned on the light. It didn't really scare me, but it made me uncomfortable. I've been turning on my bedside lamp if I need to get up at night because I don't want to experience it again. 
I feel like he's just hanging out here, maybe because he knows I can sense him. He'll move on when he's ready, I guess. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I really need a logical explaination for this.

We’ve been in be new house about 3 weeks and nothing weird.  Today before work I go into my daughter’s room to let the cats in and am met with a godawful smell.  Like spoiled milk and old cat food and a yeast infection.  I know - but that’s the best way to describe it.

my daughter is messy but not dirty and her room smelled fine last night before bed.  I am looking everywhere - sniffing a litter box in there, the carpet thinking maybe she spilled milk.  Nothing.  Cat litter didn’t smell great but just like cat.

i was seriously concerned something had gotten in and died in there.

she couldn’t smell anything but her allergies have been terrible lately. 

She was off today and cleaned her room - found nothing.  I go in after work to play find the smell and it’s gone.  Her room smells fine.

Then...she’d taken out a 3lb package of ground beef for dinner and put it way back on counter so dogs couldn’t get it.  Left kitchen for about 15 min and it’s gone.  No wrapper, no mess like if the dogs had gotten it...it’s vanished.

she and both boys were off today - they all looked for it...House, yard.  Not a trace. 

She runs to the store to get more.  When she cut into the new package we both gag...meat is bad.  The smell was overwhelming.  She’s off returning it to store now.

So the bad new beef just a coincidence but the other stuff?

She’s on about a poltergeist and I joked that she’d already finished puberty.  After explaining how some thing girls entering puberty draw poltergeists she blamed my hormones of menopause for the missing meat!  

So I need someone to give me a reasonable explaination so I don’t let my imagination run away with me.

• Love 3

On 6/20/2019 at 10:49 PM, FeministShrew said:

I forgot about this thread! Things have been pretty quiet here lately, other than random noises that Mr. Shrew & both hear, the cats freaking out, and Mr. Shrew seeing a tin water dipper, that belonged to my great-grandmother, move by itself. Same old same old. Recently the shenanigans have increased, though.

My mom died around 9PM on Valentine's Day; my sister was with her but Mr. Shrew & I had come home (we live 45 minutes away from her nursing home) because we expected her to live at least another day. Right when I walked into our apartment, I felt a warm, peaceful feeling flow over me. A few minutes later my sister texted that she thought Mama was gone; they were waiting to see if she took another breath. Ten minutes later she told me Mama was gone. I've never felt any sense of my mom being around except for that one time. I don't really expect her to visit. 

A few weeks ago on a Friday night Mr. Shrew & I went to bed as usual. He went straight to sleep & I read for a bit. I finally cut the light off, & turned over on my stomach to go to sleep. Less than five minutes later (yeah, I checked my phone when I cut the light off & when this happened), I felt someone playing with my hair, like ruffling the top of my head like you might do to a little kid. I knew it wasn't Mr. Shrew, because he was on his stomach facing the other way, & I hadn't felt him move. I turned on my lamp & checked, but he was sound asleep. Of course I woke him up because I was freaked out, & told him what happened. He asked if my mom was visiting, but it didn't feel like her. Plus, she never did things like that.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon, and I got a group message on Facebook that a guy I went to school with had died of a heroin overdose Friday night. I immediately told Mr. Shrew, "It was Scott who was messing with my hair Friday night." When we were in Jr. high together, he would walk by my desk & ruffle up my hair. 
I hadn't seen him or even heard anything about him for over 30 years, but since the beginning of this year he was on my mind for some reason. Then a few months ago he was arrested & I saw his mugshot. He started showing up on Facebook, friending classmates. A few days before he died he posted a couple of long, rambling comments on an old friend's page, obviously while on something.
He was a funny, smart guy, & we all thought he'd be the most successful of us. Instead it seems he lived a very troubled life, dealing with multiple addictions.
Since he died, I've felt his presence around me, but not in a threatening or menacing way. I'm not afraid of the dark, & can't sleep with any lights on. One night last week I got up in the middle of the night to take an Aleve, & as I walked out our open bedroom door, there was a dark shadow, the size & shape of a tall, broad-shouldered man, in the doorway, obscuring the little bit of light from the living room window. My eyes were accustomed to the dark & I could see everything else like normal, just that one man-sized area of solid darkness. For a few seconds I thought it was a real person, but no one can get in here without us hearing and seeing. I could feel someone standing there, though.
I realized it was there right before I walked out the door, and it just dispersed, like went in all different directions. I immediately turned on the light. It didn't really scare me, but it made me uncomfortable. I've been turning on my bedside lamp if I need to get up at night because I don't want to experience it again. 
I feel like he's just hanging out here, maybe because he knows I can sense him. He'll move on when he's ready, I guess. 

This gave me shivers.

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This gave me shivers.

I don’t know what’s going on in your new place and will refrain from saying it’s either “normal” or rooted in something supernatural or otherworldly.

However, for the missing meat part, there might be logical explanations and this story came to mind: not too long ago, my grandma (who’s mentally absolutely fine) put her address book under the mattress while changing the sheets. She’d been multitasking with being on the phone and doing the laundry and must have placed it there without giving it a thought. Afterwards, she looked for days... I even came over to search for the book with her. We checked every drawer, kitchen cabinet and bathroom shelf and I even looked into the freezer. Nothing. And no reasonable explanation. A week or so later, she called me to say that when she changed the sheets again, she found the book. Point is, weird stuff can happen.

Also, maybe you have super intelligent dogs who actual cover their traces ?

Regarding the bad smell, have you thought about a possible connection between it and pipes or air vents? Or even the chimney? Maybe something has gotten stuck in there and was flushed out or whatever. I’m guessing here but maybe it gives you another perspective.

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I don’t know what’s going on in your new place and will refrain from saying it’s either “normal” or rooted in something supernatural or otherworldly.

However, for the missing meat part, there might be logical explanations and this story came to mind: not too long ago, my grandma (who’s mentally absolutely fine) put her address book under the mattress while changing the sheets. She’d been multitasking with being on the phone and doing the laundry and must have placed it there without giving it a thought. Afterwards, she looked for days... I even came over to search for the book with her. We checked every drawer, kitchen cabinet and bathroom shelf and I even looked into the freezer. Nothing. And no reasonable explanation. A week or so later, she called me to say that when she changed the sheets again, she found the book. Point is, weird stuff can happen.

Also, maybe you have super intelligent dogs who actual cover their traces ?

Regarding the bad smell, have you thought about a possible connection between it and pipes or air vents? Or even the chimney? Maybe something has gotten stuck in there and was flushed out or whatever. I’m guessing here but maybe it gives you another perspective.

I was wondering about the vents, too.  

What makes me feel better is none of the animals have had any reaction.  They are all acting totally normal and I do put a lot of faith in animal sensitivity to the unknown.

My daughter and I are also pretty sensitive to moods and strange feelings and we get nothing but calm, happy vibes here.

ill just feel a lot better when we find the meat!

• Upvote 2

I've had things disappear on me, too. Like the button box I told about a few posts back. Dogs couldn't be THAT neat to eat all that meat & hide the packaging, too. Keep an  eye pealed for any more strange things. I never saw my button box again. And it kind of wierds me out that whatever is sharing the house w/us can read my mind. The incident w/the nightgown(above) was not the first time "he" was reading my mind.

Edited by ksgranola1
correction

21 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I was wondering about the vents, too.  

What makes me feel better is none of the animals have had any reaction.  They are all acting totally normal and I do put a lot of faith in animal sensitivity to the unknown.

My daughter and I are also pretty sensitive to moods and strange feelings and we get nothing but calm, happy vibes here.

ill just feel a lot better when we find the meat!

I have had plenty of my own experiences, so I am not trying to discount yours.  But we have had a problem before with vents that could have had dead rodents in them, also pipes and leaks, causing smells at times that sounds similar.  And are you positive the dogs did not get the meat?  My coyote/dog was known for reaching things from way at the back end of the counter if he thought it was something he could eat, and then taking it out the dog door.  Occasionally, we would find pieces of packaging in the yard months later.  The bad new beef is probably just coincidence.

• Upvote 1

A few months ago my house spirit escalated from knocking on my door, to shaking my bed. So I saged...a lot, saying prayers and talking about love and light and nothing of this earth could stay, then I opened my windows and told it that it was ordered to leave. And it worked! Until this week. There's been knocking again, Monday night 5 distinct knocks, Wednesday night, 3 quick knocks. I have often wondered if it's my mother, and if maybe she's come back because of my daughter's sick baby (she's 24 weeks pregnant and we find out next week if the baby will have a chance)... and if it is her, I wonder if it's a good sign or a comforting one for bad news. But if it keeps up, I'll sage again, it really works! Y'all wanting your spirits to leave, google it and give it a try...

• Love 4

28 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

A few months ago my house spirit escalated from knocking on my door, to shaking my bed. So I saged...a lot, saying prayers and talking about love and light and nothing of this earth could stay, then I opened my windows and told it that it was ordered to leave. And it worked! Until this week. There's been knocking again, Monday night 5 distinct knocks, Wednesday night, 3 quick knocks. I have often wondered if it's my mother, and if maybe she's come back because of my daughter's sick baby (she's 24 weeks pregnant and we find out next week if the baby will have a chance)... and if it is her, I wonder if it's a good sign or a comforting one for bad news. But if it keeps up, I'll sage again, it really works! Y'all wanting your spirits to leave, google it and give it a try...

Former sceptic here. I’d still describe myself as not naively believing anything and everything about ghosts and what not, but some experiences (a couple of which I have shared somewhere in this thread) have shown me that things exist outside of our rational realm. Or at least I believe they do. 

Anyways, that’s not what I’m actually getting at here, @MayMay1123. Point is, I now know better than to dismiss your experiences and I’m actually wondering whether it would make sense to ask the presence in your home what it wants and if it has a message of sorts. While the sage seems to help, it does so only temporarily and maybe there’s a reason the knocking has returned. Well, that was my first thought, likely because I tend to regard such happenings as signs and - personally - interpret them as passed loved ones watching over me. And when I say signs, I don’t envision you sitting in front of an ouija board having in depth conversations with a ghost. Instead, maybe you might receive   feelings, memories, peace of mind, a new perspective on something... more along these lines.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

My, there have been quite a few interesting posts since I was here last.

Activity in my house has been picking up. One night in June, about 3:10 AM, I hear 5 very load knocks on the wall in the hallway. I sat up saw nothing. I laid back down & It happened again. 5 very load knockes. My husband, always looking for rational answers said maybe someone was banging on the side of the house. Now, why would anyone do that? first, he'd have to find that spot. It's dark and he has to climb behind a pricker bush. If it was someone needing assistance, why wouldn't they come to the door & ring the bell.

And now it is September. When my granddaughter was here recently, grandpa bought her a fairy garden house. It's this little plastic house & it comes with soil & seeds & you plant them around the 'house.' But my daughter was afraid it would spill in the car so she opted to leave it here & I'd water it.So the seeds came up & I have a grow light so put it under that & every day & dutifully water it.Seeds sprouted Hurray for Nanna. So yesterday I get up & the little rake that came with the house was sticking up in the dirt. And the plastic bunny was laying in the middle garden. I said to my husband did you do this? No, he answered. After each of these incidents I say to him, "Do you believe me, now?" He still says no, but it was starring him right in the face.

All these incidents always have happened at night. But today....today was different. I keep this cane next to my desk to help myself stand. Knees are a little stiff when I first stand up. It's a complicated arrangement;The bottom & top left hand drawers are slightly ajar so the cane can catch on them when I pull myself up. It's always there. I went into the kitchen to make lunch. When I came back, the cane was standing straight up in  front of the desk.  Not only are the drawers holding it, there is a board armrest nailed to the desk right there, too. So it couldn't have slid over there. THere it was, standing right in the middle. Ollie, my ghost was busy while I was building a sandwich. I'm growing rather fond of Ollie.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

@ksgranola1 it sounds like Ollie was being helpful.  He made sure your cane was where you can see it.

I've been feeling a presence again lately. We've always known about one specific dog and then our beagle that died last year has also checked in on me a few times.  But I'm feeling something different.  I can't really explain it, but I think it's my coyotedog, Frasier.  He's been gone since 2015. I think he may be visiting me.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

My sister bought a house that had been built by a couple who then lived in it for 60+ years and died as elderly people in the house. After she moved in, she started noticing the sound of someone walking around up stairs and opening and cllosing doors, even though she was alone at home. The final straw was when one of the kid's toy balls rolled itself 20 feet from one end of a room to the other. She moved shortly after that.

Edited by omilona
  • Upvote 5

I haven't specifically experienced anything I consider to be supernatural lately, but I've experienced some really distracting stuff that's probably 100% mental-health related, but I don't feel any change mentally.

I posted before about my strange sleep experiences, which were already strengthening in frequency and intensity... I've recently gone off my anxiety medicine which I used to sleep through the night (low-dose Klonipin) and now I have disrupted sleep about 5 nights a week.

A few months ago, I was pretty freaked out when I felt my feet grabbed a couple nights in a row, now I've just been waking up with the strongest sensation that someone's there with me - inches or a foot away from me. Most nights I hear a woman talking, sometimes there's more than one person. I wear earplugs because I've experienced stuff like this for so long, and the talking I hear is muffled. I've become subconsciously afraid of sleeping. When I start to drift, I clearly do feel panic because I'm so afraid of whatever's scaring me. Last night I started hearing muffled distant voices while I was conscious. But at this point, I was like... "eh, I'm just hallucinating" and tried to ignore it

A few nights ago, I only remembered being so afraid because I remember trying to turn my lamp on to no avail (it turns out that the bulb had gone out.) Coincidental! But the next night, I turned my other lamp off with a switch, but the bulb just dimmed and flickered. I went over to manually switch it off, but it didn't stop, so I unplugged it. Ghosties or electrical issues? Probably the latter :P

TL;DR, I hallucinate and have night terrors, and I don't focus on it as to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy, but it's becoming veeeery distracting, and I don't know if anyone has any suggestions for what to do. I guess I'm so at a loss as to what to do that I'm willing to believe that maybe spiritual "remedies" would help. I sleep with an eye-mask, earplugs, in a very dark and quiet area. I don't want to take sleep aids because they make me so drowsy the next day. I've talked to doctors about it and had tests done. I've tried meditating for bed to calm myself and clear my mind, all of those "relaxing" things... nothing seems to help, I'm just getting more upset that these things aren't going away.

Edited by precious blessing
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, precious blessing said:

I haven't specifically experienced anything I consider to be supernatural lately, but I've experienced some really distracting stuff that's probably 100% mental-health related, but I don't feel any change mentally...

Maybe try sage, as mentioned above? I really feel for you; I think I'd be freaked out, too. ?

I am a skeptic, but also agnostic and not willing to be declarative; I've never had any experiences like those y 'all mention, but am interested and watch a number of ghost shows as well as listening to the podcasts History Goes Bump and occasionally Jim Harold's Campfire.podcasts

Your most recent stories here (which I haven't checked in awhile) have me wondering...

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I have had what I consider supernatural even demonic experiences and taken photos of  IMO spirits and posted some of them here. I don’t fear them as I firmly believe they have no power to harm you unless you give it to them and giving spirits or entities an open door by inviting them, spirit boards and seances in is just a bad idea.  Best is If you think there are haints around get them taken care of  by any means ASAP 

• Upvote 2

Thank you guys for the input ♡ despite how it sounds, I consider myself to be quite skeptical, I've just experienced a lot of strange things and haven't had any doctors or psychiatrists that are concerned with this. I'm definitely thinking it's medical, but I was feeling quite worked up when I posted here - I apologize for sort of diverting the topic.

FWIW, I'm someone just as curious about the occult as I am about fundies :P I haven't "dabbled" with anything that could be dangerous, but coincidentally these things did start intensifying when I started reading some of Aleister Crowley's writings, which I find very entertaining. I know some people find him rather sketchy/dark... I just think he's a smug, obnoxious, batshit crazy semi-genius.

Anyway, I will definitely try some sage and hopefully this all gets better. Thanks again ♡

• Love 2