IGNORED

Ghost Stories: Do You Haz?

FundieFarmer

23 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

4843A54C-8849-4BA8-9353-E1AF46BF1D05.png

Posted this here a  long  time ago. People made fun of my belief that I snapped... something.

Now, THAT’S an orb!!!!

Can’t believe you got snark about this photo. For my part, it’s a good one!!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Thanks:) I Would really like a study of it from a professional Ghost researcher some time.  I have had other photos that can’t be explained either. Clearer than this one as well. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Not a ghost story, but right before my MIL passed away, in 2013, she asked if we could see her husband, who apparently just came through the room, according to her.  He died in 1981.

I came on the scene in 1999, and therefore never met her husband and could not confirm his presence.  She was convinced he was there.

She went in peace.  She was a widow longer than she was a wife.

Maybe he came back to be with her?  Especially if she passed not long after that.

• I Agree 2

My mother and I have a running joke that when odd things happen around the house it's my late Gran and she's annoyed about something.  (white noise on radios, pictures moving etc.)   A couple of years ago I was training to go away to trek part of the Great Wall of China and I had started hanging my neckerchiefs (I'm a long standing Guide) and my International one (which I have to wear when travelling internationally with the Guide group) on the shower rail as a decoration.  That damned rail fell off so many times that we joked about Gran telling me something about China. 

Needless to say, I fell down some stairs in China and snapped the tendons in my foot and ankle.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

A couple instances not so much of ghosts but of loved ones close to death leading me to do things I wouldn't normally do, but what they feel is right for me (and turns out they were right).

First, my favorite Aunt (second mom to me) was dying of cancer at age 43. I lived 500 miles away. My mom was helping with her family (she was 20 years older than her sister) and my Aunt asked her to call me to say she loved me. She had not done this once during her brief illness. I knew then that the end was near. Due to logistics, instead of flying I drove all night to go see her against the objections of my husband and entire family. I got to spend the day in the hospital with her and to say my goodbyes and then drove home. She passed away three days later. If I hadn't made that drive I would have always regretted it. I was at peace (though very sad, of course) when she passed away.

Second, my mom was 88 and had been in ill health for several years and as she worsened At that point I had been spending 10-16 hours a day, 7 days a week for weeks helping with her and my dad. One night my dad insisted that I go home and have dinner with my husband and daughters. As we finished up with dinner my dad called to say that she had passed away. I just know that that was my mom making sure I wasn't there when she passed away. The other odd thing. My mom survived her parents, her younger sister (20 years younger) and her younger brother (7  years younger). She passed away on the one year anniversary of her brothers death.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

When my husband was in the hospital, I went home every night because son was at home.  One morning, i got up at the regular time but as I walked to the bathroom I was dizzy, nauseated, and feeling like something was wrong. I went to lie back down and the phone rang, the nurse called to tell me David had died.  

A couple of weeks after my mother died, I had to get something at Home Depot. iIwas sitting in the parking lot and smelled cigarette smoke - she was a lifelong smoker and died from COPD.  I looked around to see where it was coming from but no one else was around.  Plus it was the exact smell from her cut-rate, mail order Indian reservation cigarettes.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 9

So I've been reading Jezebel's scary stories for this year's contest.  They are terrifying. I've also been rereading things from previous years, so I can't recall exactly where I got the link for this one. But has anyone else heard about Charles Peck's cell phone after the Chatsworth trainwreck?

Apparently his phone kept calling loved ones for 11 hours after the wreck. People would answer and just hear static, but they all hoped this meant he was still alive. Thirty-five calls were made. In fact, the phone's calls helped them locate his body. He was found 12 hours after the crash. He'd died on impact. His phone was never found. 

Snopes for the doubters and disbelievers: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/calls-from-beyond/

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, cindyluvs24 said:

When my husband was in the hospital, I went home every night because son was at home.  One morning, i got up at the regular time but as I walked to the bathroom I was dizzy, nauseated, and feeling like something was wrong. I went to lie back down and the phone rang, the nurse called to tell me David had died.  

A couple of weeks after my mother died, I had to get something at Home Depot. iIwas sitting in the parking lot and smelled cigarette smoke - she was a lifelong smoker and died from COPD.  I looked around to see where it was coming from but no one else was around.  Plus it was the exact smell from her cut-rate, mail order Indian reservation cigarettes.

I had an experience very similar to this. Mom died 1 1/2 years ago, & she, too, was a heavy smoker. I went to the house (which is only ~20 minutes away; family still lives there) on the 1st year anniversary of her passing (this past April). I was walking around the downstairs (while waiting for some other family members), & walked through her studio (she'd been a painter). I smelled the distinct smell of a freshly-lit cigarette, & I'd first thought it was my sister (who's the only other smoker in the family). No one else was around at that exact moment.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

Today, Marbles went to her toy basket ... and then chased something unseen by me, all across the floor and under my sewing table.

Nothing I could see, but she was on it.

Last night, someone/thing was in the upstairs master bedroom again, walking around.

Perhaps we have us a ghost kitty?  Marblie loves the kitties.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

• 2 weeks later...

My dad visits on occasion, a smell, a shadow, a touch.  He passed 35 years ago.  He was around much more when the Lurkerlings were small.  I find it comforting.  

• Love 3

That's nice, xlurker. So many people freak out when they realize they are getting a visitation.

The ghost of our house does things at night, often slamming door. But night before last, he gave 4 heavy knocks, like you would hear someone knocking on the door. But our front door is glass & makes an entirely different sound when knocked on. This was closer and firmer. It had to have come from the bedroom hallway. Sometimes, I just tell him to cut it out, it's bedtime. Sometimes he shakes my bed just enough that it keeps me awake. I tell him to cut it out, & it stops. I kept quiet about the knocking in hopes he'll do it again so my hubs will hear it. I know he heard it; he just won't admit it Why are men like that.

Edited by ksgranola1
spelling.
  • Upvote 6

Stories centered around our back bedroom...

Back during the summer, I worked on putting heat reflecting film on the windows in our house. When I'm applying window film, I like to cut the film on the dining room table, and then carry the piece of film back to the window I'm working on. Everything was going okay until I got to the lowest pane of the last window. I had gotten the film on the window, and I had used the squeegee and spray bottle to remove all of the bubbles, so then I go to grab the ruler and my utility knife to trim off the excess film, but my utility knife is no longer on the tv tray I had set up next to the window to hold my supplies. I look on the floor and all around the window, but no utility knife. I figured I must have accidentally carried it out with me when I last left the room, so I retrace my steps of everywhere I've been in the house for the last hour, but the utility knife is nowhere to be found.

I'm really frustrated at this point. I say something out loud about how I need the utility knife to finish the job and I'd really appreciate it if whoever took it would give it back. I then remembered that the utility knife that I had been using came in a package of different colored utility knives, so I decided to go rummage around in the kitchen for one of the other ones. I finally find the package in the kitchen and get a green one out. I take the green utility knife with me into the back bedroom, and when I walk up to the window I was working on, the yellow utility knife is sitting right in the middle of the tv tray next to the window. I then said " Thank you!" to whoever returned it and worked on trimming off the extra film.

We had to have our 21 year old cat put down about a year and a half ago. Her health had been declining, and then one morning she woke up and couldn't find her way around the house and didn't seem to recognize us anymore. Her condition continued to deteriorate over the next few days, so we knew it was time. We brought her home and buried her in the backyard about ten feet away from the window I was working on in my window tinting story. 

A few days later, as I was coming out of the back bedroom to make my way into the kitchen, I glance down the hall as I'm turning to the left, and I see what I think is our two remaining cats slowly making their way down the hall towards the front bedroom. I take about four more steps into the dining room, and there's one of the cats I thought I had just seen in the hall next sound asleep in the dining room! I hurry down to the front bedroom, and there's our other cat looking at me like "What?"

There was also one night this past summer where the television in the back bedroom was acting weird. I had gotten up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, but as I got to the door of the bathroom, I noticed a light coming from the back bedroom. I go in there and the television is on, but it's just static because it's on the channel you use for the DVD player and that was still turned off.

I thought that was odd, but told myself that maybe we accidentally left it on, or maybe one of the cats managed to get up in the space where the remotes were stored and hit the power button without knocking the remotes onto the floor. I use the bathroom, and when I come back out, the television is on again. I go back in there and turn it off again and say out loud that this is scaring me, and to please stop. 

I found out that television remotes can act like that when the batteries are old, but we've still got the same batteries in there and it hasn't happened again. I also wondered about it being from one of the neighbors, as I've read about that occurring. There's no windows on the side of the neighbor's house nearest our back bedroom, so someone would have to be in my yard pointing a remote at one of the windows to be close enough to trigger the television. My neighbor has to get up at like 5am for work, and he's a young widower with minor children, so just don't see him having any interest in screwing with us like that.

Remember the cat that we buried in the backyard? Her daughter died in that bedroom about six months after we bought this house. Maybe mother and daughter decided to get back at us for making them move seven times while they were alive. :kitty-wink:

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Stories centered around our back bedroom...

Back during the summer, I worked on putting heat reflecting film on the windows in our house. When I'm applying window film, I like to cut the film on the dining room table, and then carry the piece of film back to the window I'm working on. Everything was going okay until I got to the lowest pane of the last window. I had gotten the film on the window, and I had used the squeegee and spray bottle to remove all of the bubbles, so then I go to grab the ruler and my utility knife to trim off the excess film, but my utility knife is no longer on the tv tray I had set up next to the window to hold my supplies. I look on the floor and all around the window, but no utility knife. I figured I must have accidentally carried it out with me when I last left the room, so I retrace my steps of everywhere I've been in the house for the last hour, but the utility knife is nowhere to be found.

I'm really frustrated at this point. I say something out loud about how I need the utility knife to finish the job and I'd really appreciate it if whoever took it would give it back. I then remembered that the utility knife that I had been using came in a package of different colored utility knives, so I decided to go rummage around in the kitchen for one of the other ones. I finally find the package in the kitchen and get a green one out. I take the green utility knife with me into the back bedroom, and when I walk up to the window I was working on, the yellow utility knife is sitting right in the middle of the tv tray next to the window. I then said " Thank you!" to whoever returned it and worked on trimming off the extra film.

==============

We had to have our 21 year old cat put down about a year and a half ago. Her health had been declining, and then one morning she woke up and couldn't find her way around the house and didn't seem to recognize us anymore. Her condition continued to deteriorate over the next few days, so we knew it was time. We brought her home and buried her in the backyard about ten feet away from the window I was working on in my window tinting story. 

A few days later, as I was coming out of the back bedroom to make my way into the kitchen, I glance down the hall as I'm turning to the left, and I see what I think is our two remaining cats slowly making their way down the hall towards the front bedroom. I take about four more steps into the dining room, and there's one of the cats I thought I had just seen in the hall next sound asleep in the dining room! I hurry down to the front bedroom, and there's our other cat looking at me like "What?".

=======

There was also one night this past summer where the television in the back bedroom was acting weird. I had gotten up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, but as I got to the door of the bathroom, I noticed a light coming from the back bedroom. I go in there and the television is on, but it's just static because it's on the channel you use for the DVD player and that was still turned off.

I thought that was odd, but told myself that maybe we accidentally left it on, or maybe one of the cats managed to get up in the space where the remotes were stored and hit the power button without knocking the remotes onto the floor. I use the bathroom, and when I come back out, the television is on again. I go back in there and turn it off again and say out loud that this is scaring me, and to please stop. 

I found out that television remotes can act like that when the batteries are old, but we've still got the same batteries in there and it hasn't happened again. I also wondered about it being from one of the neighbors, as I've read about that occurring. There's no windows on the side of the neighbor's house nearest our back bedroom, so someone would have to be in my yard pointing a remote at one of the windows to be close enough to trigger the television. My neighbor has to get up at like 5am for work, and he's a young widower with minor children, so just don't see him having any interest in screwing with us like that.

Remember the cat that we buried in the backyard? Her daughter died in that bedroom about six months after we bought this house. Maybe mother and daughter decided to get back at us for making them move seven times while they were alive. :kitty-wink:

I have no doubt that we have been visited by assorted animals that have gone on.  The most recent is our beagle, she had similar situation to your cat in that she was possibly getting dementia and then she suddenly had a bad spell so we knew it was time.  She had occasionally acted like she saw or heard something and she always acted like she did with our previous dog, who had died about 3 years before.  Especially the last weekend, we knew on a Friday that it was time and we made the appointment for Monday afternoon.  We spent the weekend spoiling her and feeding her every treat she ever liked.  But there were more times when we think her big brother, Frasier the coyote/dog, was visiting her and we have reason to believe that he was there to greet her when we took her to the vet for the final appointment.

I know she's visited us, I've heard her and also seen her clearly on more than one occasion.  And at least once, when I was feeling kind of out of it as my normal flu shot reaction, she poked my leg with her cold nose.  Just like she always did when I was feeling bad.

Our daughter came over today, she mentioned that she could feel the beagle's presence when she came in the door.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Why are men like that

Mr Xlurker actually saw, plain as day, my dad.  In my car sitting in the passenger seat.  Dad will also visit him occasionally in dreams.  Freaks him out a bit, but he'll always tell me "Saw your dad, he's doing well"  :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

My maternal grandfather ("Poppy") died a few years before I was born, so none of us grandchildren knew him (I'm the oldest of 6 grandkids).

From the stories my mom and her siblings told, when they were growing up he would get home late at night, take off his shoes, sit for bit and then say "time for bed!"

Fast forward to nearly 20 years later. My aunt and her toddler son are living in the house where she grew up, They come home late from Christmas shopping late one night, and she notices her son crouching in a corner, looking shy. She asked him what was wrong, and he said "Poppy."

My aunt was alarmed by this, and asked if Poppy said anything to him. He just said "Time For Bed."

He never met Poppy and had no idea "Time for bed" was his catchphrase.

He got visited by the ghost of our grandfather.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

• 3 months later...

I had an experience today I  really want to share so I thought of this thread... I'm not sure what you'll think about it and it might sound a bit weird maybe or like I interpret too much into it, but still... Here it goes. 

My grandfather passed away this afternoon. He'd been sick for a while and his health deteriorated rapidly within the last three to four weeks so it wasn't unexpected but it is very sad nonetheless. Two years or so ago, he gave me one of those plastic coins you can put into a trolley in the supermarket (I don't know what they are called or even if they have a name but I hope you know what I mean) which I since used almost every day - basically every time I go get water and stuff like that. This afternoon, while running some errands, the coin slipped from my hands and rolled under another car so I went to look for it. I had seen where it had disappeared to and knew it couldn't be far but even though I used my mobile's flashlight and searched and searched, I couldn't retrieve it. It's like it vanished into thin air (which it hasn't I'm sure but I couldn't find it). Soon after, I received a call telling me that my granddad had passed away around an hour before the parking lot incident.

I feel there's a connection... It's like him telling me that he had left - but in the same time leaving so many far more meaningful things to me (he made some beautiful furniture for me that I had asked for years ago and that I use and cherish every day, let alone all the years of wonderful memories).

It seems I'm just rambling and I certainly feel I cannot put my thoughts into words tonight but maybe you get the gist of  it. There are some other thoughts and "interpretations" I have but before this post becomes to long-winded, I'll leave it at that.

Edited by FluffySnowball
spelling
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 12

My Mom lived in a suite in my house and I had a wee doggie.  Mom would tell everyone that I thought doggie was mine but really doggie was hers.  We laughed about that.  So my Mom passed away and about a year later doggie died of old age. One morning I came downstairs and my Mom was standing in the family room with the doggie in her arms!  She was laughing and doggie was grinning and Mom says, “she’s my dog now”!!!

My Mom was always very stubborn!!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 8

It must be "ghost season" right now. So many ppl having experiences. Loved the one about the utility knife. We have things like that happen very often. Every time, I say to my husband, "Do you believe me now?" And now his suspenders have disappeared. He's very methodical about his stuff. (Army)He's always helping me find MY stuff & he always finds them. But we have  searched this house upside & down & can't find those suspenders. One of these days, he's going to go into his closet & they will be hanging in there in plain sight.

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I had an experience today I  really want to share so I thought of this thread... I'm not sure what you'll think about it and it might sound a bit weird maybe or like I interpret too much into it, but still... Here it goes. 

My grandfather passed away this afternoon. He'd been sick for a while and his health deteriorated rapidly within the last three to four weeks so it wasn't unexpected but it is very sad nonetheless. Two years or so ago, he gave me one of those plastic coins you can put into a trolley in the supermarket (I don't know what they are called or even if they have a name but I hope you know what I mean) which I since used almost every day - basically every time I go get water and stuff like that. This afternoon, while running some errands, the coin slipped from my hands and rolled under another car so I went to look for it. I had seen where it had disappeared to and knew it couldn't be far but even though I used my mobile's flashlight and searched and searched, I couldn't retrieve it. It's like it vanished into thin air (which it hasn't I'm sure but I couldn't find it). Soon after, I received a call telling me that my granddad had passed away around an hour before the parking lot incident.

I feel there's a connection... It's like him telling me that he had left - but in the same time leaving so many far more meaningful things to me (he made some beautiful furniture for me that I had asked for years ago and that I use and cherish every day, let alone all the years of wonderful memories).

It seems I'm just rambling and I certainly feel I cannot put my thoughts into words tonight but maybe you get the gist of  it. There are some other thoughts and "interpretations" I have but before this post becomes to long-winded, I'll leave it at that.

My sympathies, dove, at your loss. But oh yes, the theory works for me — and that’s certainly miresp because your mind immediately went to the thoughts of the things you have, everyday, that are so much more your granddad than the cart token. 

I may be talking out my ears, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someday, right when you need a reminder, another token comes your way in an unusual way!

They keep an eye on us, for sure. Blessings to you, @FluffySnowball

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I believe you may have been visited by your grandfather, saying goodbye.  Almost every time I think of my dad, I will find pennies (1 cent coins in case you are not in the US). He called my redheaded daughter his copper penny and that is the connection between him and pennies.  So  yes, your grandfather could well have come to check on you before he went on.

At that same time, I am sorry for your loss.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

Huh.Not to be Downer but my people must have been so happy to be out of the miserable harsh life’s  they had on earth they saw no reason to come back and visit me.  I have heard random not familiar voices and got hand tugs though. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 5

I love this thread.  

About a week before Mr MM's favorite uncle and "surrogate father" so to speak passed, he came by.  He usually came over every week with a donut for Marbles.  I hadn't seen him in a few weeks and wondered where he was.

He came in, hugged me (very unusual) and said goodbye (also very unusual).

He died a few days later.

Reminds me of Mr MM's last day.  He was very introspective and quiet and not communicative, really.  When I wanted to be with him it almost seemed liked an intrusion, even tho he was only doing normal chores.  Perhaps he knew.

I think, sometimes, they know.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 11

• 4 weeks later...

Well,Last night, more like 5 this morning, my hubs (we sleep in different rooms. I'm restless) came running into my room"DID YOU CALL ME?!" Nnoo, I'm sleeping. It's the 3rd or so time he's heard  his name called. I say, " do you believe me, now?" every time. It's getting a little hard to deny.

• Upvote 2

i wanted to add...my ghost must have gotten tired of me ignoring/not hearing knocking on my door at night, so s/he started resorting to shaking my bed in the middle of the night and early morning. i finally had enough and saged my whole upstairs and haven't been bothered since. if you're looking to be rid of your spirits, saging might help.

• Upvote 2