IGNORED

Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo

doggie

How long till he's Noodleness becomes a true religion and people start praying to him/her? and christians condemn them of satan?

http://bigstory.ap.org/4191999673474f2fa25674d5888297f4&utm_source=android_app&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=share

A Massachusetts agency is letting a woman who belongs to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster wear a colander on her head in her driver's license photo after she cited her religious beliefs.

Lowell resident Lindsay Miller said Friday that she "absolutely loves the history and the story" of Pastafarians, whose website says has existed in secrecy for hundreds of years and entered the mainstream in 2005.

Miller says wearing the spaghetti strainer allows her to express her beliefs, like other religions are allowed to do.

A spokesman for the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles says policy does not permit head coverings or hats on license photos, but exceptions are made for religious reasons.

Lawyer Patty DeJuneas calls Pastafarianism a "secular religion that uses parody to make its point."

I can't stop laughing! just spilt my drink as I choked...I am converting - will a plastic colander do?

I have to like a "religion" that started out as a demonstration of the importance of the separation of state and church. And considers pirate outfits sacred vestments.

Ramen

I can't stop laughing! just spilt my drink as I choked...I am converting - will a plastic colander do?

Only if it's BPA-free.

I bought a beautiful copper colander at a yard sale this past summer.  But I already have the stainless steel steamer from my set of pots, that I use as a colander -- so was just going to hang the copper one on the wall because it's beautiful.  Maybe I should get my license renewed first! :pb_lol:

Ooh I have a stainless steel steamer! I'm set up! Is  there a conversion ceremony? I would like to invite my family if there is.

Is  there a conversion ceremony? I would like to invite my family if there is.

Yes -- it's like a baptism, only the water is boiling and you have to stay in it for 8 minutes :pb_lol:

All hail the FSM!  I am a card-carrying believer.  Gotta love my fellow Massholes.  Even the DMV has been touched by His noodle appendage.

I'm thinking a plastic colander is for the FSM-Lite people.  

Can you guys imagine the chaos that might ensue if the Pastafarians get backing for putting up Winter Holiday displays in state-supported public spaces? Pirates dressed in red and green and throwing candy at children?

I'm thinking a plastic colander is for the FSM-Lite people.  

Can you guys imagine the chaos that might ensue if the Pastafarians get backing for putting up Winter Holiday displays in state-supported public spaces? Pirates dressed in red and green and throwing candy at children?

If y'all aren't donating to the cause, you're part of the problem :naughty:  Snort.

So I am FSM light because I can only afford A PLASTIC COLANDER?

So I am FSM light because I can only afford A PLASTIC COLANDER?

If you start tithing today, the hallowed FSM will provide.  Send your check to...

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  On one hand, its awesome, but on the other its kind of annoying.  Drivers Licenses are needed for identification and when we start expanding ways to alter them we lose that benefit.  

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  On one hand, its awesome, but on the other its kind of annoying.  Drivers Licenses are needed for identification and when we start expanding ways to alter them we lose that benefit.  

They aren't "needed for identification." They have been used for ID, but really, anyone can go get a state ID instead or as well. I'd actually prefer if we separated driver's licenses from IDs, because they aren't the same thing, technically. In practice, but it also helps perpetuate the myth that people without driver's licenses aren't as responsible. 

Yes -- it's like a baptism, only the water is boiling and you have to stay in it for 8 minutes :pb_lol:

No, no, no. You're doing it wrong. It's 5-7 minutes, and al dente is best. 

And let's not get started on what kind of sauce to top it off with. :snooty: 

I just hope she doesn't get into any trouble on the road. I could envision some already annoyed traffic cop with violent tendencies getting more annoyed if he asks to see a licence and thinks there are devilish shenanigans on it.

Archived