IGNORED

Stuffing Recipes - PLEASE tell me someone has heard of this one

HerNameIsBuffy

Ooh Miracle whip and bacon in potato salad!!!!  (hi, Mom's family is mostly german.  bacon, miracle whip, boiled eggs, onions, pickles (sour) go into the family recipe.  My mom adds a hint of mustard).  

I did start adding hard boiled eggs this summer because my daughter requested them - it's a good addition, I forgot to include it.

When i was a kid we never had mayo in the house - only Miracle Whip but we called it mayonnaise.  I still remembering being at a friends house for lunch, kindergarten, and being asked if i liked mayo on my sandwich - yes please - and I was horrified by what I put in my mouth.  There was no zip, no tang, no sweetness.  I  was such a picky eater i was happy to be offered bologna and mayo since that was my favorite and then real mayo made an appearance...  :( 

Totally my family's fault for misnaming it, but lesson learned to trust no one!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can balance that one.  I didn't have Miracle Whip until I was around 5 or 6 and an aunt put it on a sandwich and called it mayonnaise.  The tang was horrible.  I never trusted her again. :my_dodgy: We always had one brand of mayonnaise and I still don't like any other brand. 

We're one of the Stove Top households.  Our first Thanksgiving DH refused to eat the stuffing I had spent so much time preparing as he stated he didn't like stuffing.  The next year I used Stove Top as why spend time on something for just myself.  He looked at it and said you made this in a pot on top of the stove?  I said yes and he ate it and liked it.  It turns out he was disgusted by the idea of putting it inside the bird.  I assured him I could make it in a casserole dish in the oven, but he didn't even want it in the oven near the bird.  Why fight making like easier?  Stove Top it was.  Our kids still prefer that to any other stuffing. 

I just made the pumpkin cornbread that goes in the stuffing I am preparing for Saturday's "Friendsgiving"! I am so excited.  It is taking so much self control not to just eat the cornbread.  It has to sit out to get stale... Cornbread, WHY ARE YOU TAUNTING ME?!

I just made the pumpkin cornbread that goes in the stuffing I am preparing for Saturday's "Friendsgiving"! I am so excited.  It is taking so much self control not to just eat the cornbread.  It has to sit out to get stale... Cornbread, WHY ARE YOU TAUNTING ME?!

It's taunting me and I don't even know where you are.

Someone needs to develop the technology for us to send actual food in real time over the internet.  

This thread has now reminded me of one of my college jobs - stocking bread (store's label) at Dillon's Grocery Store in Lawrence KS.   this time of year stuffing bread would come in.  I always wanted to climb into the loaf and sort of wallow there for a bit.  Stuffing bread is pre spiced loaves for, well, making stuffing  should you want to do breadcrumbs yourself.  

Archived