IGNORED

Neil Strauss: 'My thinking was: If this woman’s going to be naked with me – I must be OK.

AmazonGrace

Very interesting article. I remember when the original book came out, and being horrified; then, I think it was CSI Miami did an episode based on the book which made it even more graphically offensive. Good to see that he seems to have matured!

Criminal Minds did an episode on a guy like this, or one much like him; perhaps an amalgamation of him and that horrid guy who preaches being a total douchebag to women.

Good to see he found a way back from his apparently literal mindset.

• 1 month later...

Funny comments:

This article confirms what I always thought about all straight people. 
Straight people really have a hard time getting their lives together.
What makes them so screwed up?
No way should they be allowed to raise children!

response:

Have you actually met any straight people?

and

"the world of heterosexuals is a sick and boring life."

and

heterophobe

and

Straight people are just gay people with the wrong genitals.

So that's what it's like when that gets turned around.

It was a horrible, horrible book. Maybe he's a "changed man". I doubt it, though- it's not like he donated the proceeds of his fucked up book to domestic violence shelters or therapy for rape victims. He kept all the dirty money, so he's just wanking on about how he's different now. I keep thinking of the long, long list of guys with pasts like that who claim they've cleaned up their act. Famous guys and just people I know. It's never true and it always comes out eventually. Like, my friend's brother is only still married because his wife is in 100% denial mode. Hugo Schwyzer comes to mind too.

Yet he found he couldn’t stop pursuing other women and cheating on Ingrid. When she learned about the cruellest of his infidelities (her best friend, a church car park)... His wife is Ingrid, the much-messed-about girlfriend who first insisted he seek treatment.

She's an idiot to have married him, IMO. "Treated" for "sex addiction" or no- because that's not "just sex", that's blatant disrespect and disregard for her feelings. Hell, it seems more like he got off on hurting her.

Archived