IGNORED

Quiver Full of Restaurants

logansdad

when does this restaurant open! I want go. Too bad us heathens wouldn't be allowed in the doors. If we put all these SAHD and SAHS together in one room and locked the parents in the kitchen....can anyone image what would happen?!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when does this restaurant open! I want go. Too bad us heathens wouldn't be allowed in the doors. If we put all these SAHD and SAHS together in one room and locked the parents in the kitchen....can anyone image what would happen?!

A FORNICATION FREE-FOR-ALL! :dance::cracking-up:

Probably 50 shades of awkwardness.

They wouldn't know what to do with themselves. I could imagine that the men would gather in one corner and the women in another and the women would wisper to one another and maybe giggle a bit. Just like in middle school when girls talk about their first crush.

And maybe a man and a woman would start talking to each other, and the others would :pearlclutching: but be secretly jealous of the two daredevils.

And then Joshly Duggar, who just escaped from fundie "rehab", would show up and all the women would run away screaming. :56247953c05d2_32(6)::TrainWreckMotion:

I wrote this short story about a family who visits the restaurant... except they are non-fundie and just disguise themselves. I don't mention any family by name, but there are references. So maybe that's what we'd have to do: disguise ourselves in long skirts and flip-flops.

Can we serve ol' Dougie's famous Peanut Soup? His description:

Every true-blue Virginian with a love for the great providence of God in the history of the Old Dominion knows that the most delectable delicacy of country cooking antiquity is none other than peanut soup.

7UZVBL7.jpg

Sparkle and Wonder are complimentary! 

Rump roast with "full moon" mystery sauce...for the adventurous diner.

Served with a side of herbal bread,  no doubt.

Ooo- has anyone though of Duggar sushi yet? (from the Japan trip IIRC)

Yes!  Buy a raffle ticket and if you win, you get Josie's hand-made sushi. :clap:

Here are my other suggestions for the menu:

• "Picnic" eggs -- no devil allowed!
  • Spurting bratwurst :pearlclutching:
  • Candies that look like wax melts.  (or -- could it be the other way around?) :pb_question:
  • Free donut if you dress like a pirate
  • Sweet Tea and Buttermilk

and don't forget free wifi for the XGayGreg crowd!

A nice fish entree, perhaps? I'm thinking spurgeon. I mean, sturgeon.

Yes!  Buy a raffle ticket and if you win, you get Josie's hand-made sushi. :clap:

Here are my other suggestions for the menu:

• "Picnic" eggs -- no devil allowed!
  • Spurting bratwurst :pearlclutching:
  • Candies that look like wax melts.  (or -- could it be the other way around?) :pb_question:
  • Free donut if you dress like a pirate
  • Sweet Tea and Buttermilk

and don't forget free wifi for the XGayGreg crowd!

OMGGG, fiancé is looking at me like I'm crazy because I'm laughing so hard right now! :pb_lol: I don't even know which suggestions are my favorite! They're all brilliant! 

And of course, Spurgeon Sturgeon! HAHAHAAAAA! 

Nicole posted on 10/22/15- 30 days of 30 meals. It has it all- lots of pasta, beans, and potatoes. So the kitchen to this restaurant should be outside and no refrigeration; especially when making potato salad, chicken salad, and tuna pasta salad! (BTW- some of these meals sound very good and easy to make but since it comes from Nicole's kitchen....<walk away> )

30%2Bdays.jpg

Ive been broke plenty of times in my life, and the food I've eaten has reflected my economic scarcity, but this is surely the menu of sadness... 

Ive been broke plenty of times in my life, and the food I've eaten has reflected my economic scarcity, but this is surely the menu of sadness... 

Really? :/ I grew up eating this stuff all the time and I never thought twice about it...nowadays though my bachelorette-single-life menu is pretty grim. I'd love to eat this stuff again but food is expensive and I am broke.

I think it's the whole fundie context of the menu that is making me cringe... That plus the near constant menacing presence of watery sounding soups plus meat/egg salad items and the quiet assurance of complete and utter blandness (three things I loathe in food)... But I also grew up in a different food tradition and in a region where food prices are quite different from much of the US, so it could be my perception of that menu is not shared by others 

Spurgeon Stew

The Gravy Train - an actual train set with gravy in its cars. The cars are decorated with money with a little figurine of Jim Bob in the front car.

Spurgeon Stew

The Gravy Train - an actual train set with gravy in its cars. The cars are decorated with money with a little figurine of Jim Bob in the front car.

OMG now you have set my mind off in a completely different direction:

• “the 14’er” — a “mountain” of trail mix and another “mountain” of refried beans (hold the cayenne, hold the cumin, hold the salt and pepper) for $14

• “the Titanic” — chipped shipped beef and a gravy boat on a bed of Iceberg lettuce

• “the Yosemite” — a half dome of mashed potatoes with a waterfall of gravy over the top.  Tell the waitress you are in awe of “the beauty of God’s creation” for 10% off!

Wednesday Grifter Special:

Come in before 2 p.m. and give us your saddest sob story about why you can't afford to buy new or that a local restaurant won't let all 25 of your children under 12 eat free.  Stories will be rated on a 1 to 10 scale.  Stories that rate an 8.5 or higher receive a 30% discount on beverages for the entire party.

Friday Fun Special:

20% discount on your entire party's check if you can make Steve Maxwell laugh.  Free desserts for parents if you can make him smile.  (Discount can be exchanged for one free Moody book.)

Employee scheduling will be done with Chorepacks. Waitresses will wear their laminated chorelists around their necks.

Where I grew up there was a restaurant called Pickles. It was decorated with hundreds of fancy jars of pickles. It also had these weird booths with sliding partitions across the table, which you could open to see the people in the booth next door. It would be perfect for fundies; women could sit in one booth, men in the other. No chance of defrauding.

Like Cracker Barrell, this restaurant will need to sell items in the lobby.  Help me with the inventory:

ANY and all Duggar Books

Erin and Lawson's CDs.

Tracts in bulk--printed by Dave-Rod

Selfie sticks

Headbands with huge flowers

Wisdom Booklets

Rifle ammunition

"19 Kids Bloopers" DVDs

Aerosol hairspray

Ovulation predictor kits

You forgot bulk pregnancy tests. 

Where I grew up there was a restaurant called Pickles. It was decorated with hundreds of fancy jars of pickles. It also had these weird booths with sliding partitions across the table, which you could open to see the people in the booth next door. It would be perfect for fundies; women could sit in one booth, men in the other. No chance of defrauding.

Big Boy/Elias Brothers/Bob's Pantry in my area had that (not many Big Boy restaurants left). I've seen it in PA too but I can't think of the restaurant name. All I remember is the restaurant had burnt orange motif - like they never updated from the 70s.

Archived