IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 4

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Scottlen? Oh god.  I guess he can fall back on Scott should he ever leave the hive...

I scrolled through her Facebook for a bit but left in terror after I accidentally "liked" something. Clumsy fingers, phones, and early mornings don't make for a good combination! :pb_razz:

this is one of my biggest fears whenever I'm stalking my "favourite" fundies on facebook or instagram.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, ophelia said:

this is one of my biggest fears whenever I'm stalking my "favourite" fundies on facebook or instagram.

Yes, the smaller screens -- phone, iPad -- make it MUCH easier to do this! I acquired one FB friend this way while scrolling my SIL's timeline on my iPhone; fortunately, the mutual friend is a decent person so all's well!

I once managed to send a nice big "thumbs up" to a friend who was messaging me about someone in the hospital. I followed it up with an apology, but damn, embarrassing!

The Burnetts have another grandchild on the way. Sarah (Ferraro) Burnett, wife of John-Clay, is due in July according to the Burnett family website.

19 hours ago, Iamhispurity said:

Julianne had a boy on monday.

Beckett James. He was a pretty big baby (9 pounds 7 ounces)
Also it looks like Alice may be in labor. She posted 2 blogs tonight- one describing her 38th week and another 3 hours later saying she had started leaking fluid and baby 8 (Rosalie) may be here tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, WhiteRun said:

Also it looks like Alice may be in labor. She posted 2 blogs tonight- one describing her 38th week and another 3 hours later saying she had started leaking fluid and baby 8 (Rosalie) may be here tomorrow.

Who is Julianne?

8 hours ago, WhiteRun said:

Yikes. On her blog she's talking about how she went 48 hours after leaking/breaking of amniotic fluid before labor started with Elijah and "wouldn't want to wait longer" with Rosalie..... uhmmm.... the 24 hour rule hospitals have is not for shits and giggles! She's risking infection for the sake of her home birth :my_angry:

In the morning I am to go to labour ward for a swab for amniotic fluid again, and if it's positive they will offer me induction on the spot, OR to go home and wait for 24 hours (which I will obviously choose). This hospital's policy is to wait 24 hours and then induce if no labour, but I have done 48 before with Elijah and thankfully gone into labour right at the 48 hour mark! I wouldn't want to wait longer (or maybe even that long...) this time though. If I am contracting by the morning then no labour ward, just midwife over here and have a baby. :)

Bonnie over at A Knotted Life is supposed to be due January 1st. I'm hoping she'll have a very smooth birth, no postpartum depression, and that this will be her last baby - but that last one's a pipe dream. I can't imagine being her and having to look forward to 10+ more years of a strained marriage, stressful or nonexistent sex life, constant worry about pregnancy, traumatic pregnancies and deliveries, postpartum depression, financial hardship, and the general stress that comes along with having more children than you can handle - all because of some ridiculous rule that isn't even in the Bible. Ugh.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Bonnie over at A Knotted Life is supposed to be due January 1st. I'm hoping she'll have a very smooth birth, no postpartum depression, and that this will be her last baby - but that last one's a pipe dream. I can't imagine being her and having to look forward to 10+ more years of a strained marriage, stressful or nonexistent sex life, constant worry about pregnancy, traumatic pregnancies and deliveries, postpartum depression, financial hardship, and the general stress that comes along with having more children than you can handle - all because of some ridiculous rule that isn't even in the Bible. Ugh.

Good God she's pregnant again? Or was I disappointed when she announced this very same pregnancy? They all run together. 

And add to your list the physical toll it has taken on her body and her own admission that she is unhappy with her figure and current fitness level. It seems like whenever she starts getting herself on a better diet and excited about exercising regularly, boom. Pregnant again.

(And I think we can be reassured that they haven't run into the non-existent sex life issue yet. One can hope though...)

How old is she? I'm hoping late thirties so there's a chance the fertility train slows down sometime in the near future.

My non-existent sex life comment related to her insisting on numerous occasions that no form of NFP works for her, and she's super fertile, so her choice is between constant pregnancy and not having sex with her husband for months. Now I have no idea what their sex life is actually like, but it doesn't sound all that positive.

I'm not sure of her exact age, but she's only in her early 30s. Before this pregnancy she talked like she might never have another baby. Whatever she claims, I really think she's worn out and barely holding it together, but she absolutely will not consider any form of birth control. She's extremely defensive about it and has been quite cruel to anyone who suggested it in the past.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

According to her instagram she had the baby yesterday

I had never heard of Bonnie at A Knotted Life but she makes NFP sound HORRIBLE. It clearly doesn't work for her. She's totally miserable. Abstaining for months?! No thank you. Thank goodness for birth control.

Her newest baby on instagram looks to be fairly big. I'd guess 9, maybe even 10 pounds or more.

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'm not sure of her exact age, but she's only in her early 30s. Before this pregnancy she talked like she might never have another baby. Whatever she claims, I really think she's worn out and barely holding it together, but she absolutely will not consider any form of birth control. She's extremely defensive about it and has been quite cruel to anyone who suggested it in the past.

Oh god, it's so frustrating to read her stuff about NFP. She and many of the women who comment are in just heartbreaking situations. One thing I will say about Catholics-- they're pretty upfront about the fact that their way of life includes a lot of suffering. Six small kids, teetering on the edge of poverty, depression, medical problems, strained marriage? After reading that stuff I'm feeling really grateful to be a bad Catholic in a world where IUDs are available, because with my temperament I would be honest-to-god suicidal with that much stress and dread and physical burnout. But the way she snaps at anyone who points out that the path she chose isn't the only path-- I can't feel much sympathy.

*not to mention that she is pretty quick to condemn the pharisees who criticize her for her financial or educational choices, but the idea that someone might have genuine, non-selfish reasons for doing what's right for *them* on this giant and personal issues is just beyond her. Ugh, can you tell that it's the super-Catholics that really get my goat?

Per Bonnie's instagram: "His name is Thomas Emil. Born the 29th. 10lb 7 oz." Based on one of her Facebook posts it looks like it was a planned C-section. 

I wonder if she realizes how her blog comes across to everyone who isn't a die-hard orthodox Catholic like she is (AKA the majority of humanity). She does not make NFP or Catholic teachings about sex and procreation sound viable, beautiful, practical, or holy. If I were a Catholic woman wavering over whether to use NFP or birth control, Bonnie would inspire me to move firmly into the birth control camp.

She's also one of these bloggers who pats herself on the back for being the holiest of holy Catholics, and yet where's the gospel in her message? It's all about how much of a martyr she is for obeying the rules. How can you communicate the gospel to your family, community, children, or the world, when you're constantly exhausted and miserable and just going through the motions? Being exhausted and miserable and just going through the motions is something that we all deal with from time to time, but if it's your default state there's something wrong and it needs to change.

On 12/30/2015 at 2:55 PM, nausicaa25 said:

Good God she's pregnant again? Or was I disappointed when she announced this very same pregnancy? They all run together. 

And add to your list the physical toll it has taken on her body and her own admission that she is unhappy with her figure and current fitness level. It seems like whenever she starts getting herself on a better diet and excited about exercising regularly, boom. Pregnant again.

(And I think we can be reassured that they haven't run into the non-existent sex life issue yet. One can hope though...)

How old is she? I'm hoping late thirties so there's a chance the fertility train slows down sometime in the near future.

She is def in her early 30's.  This go around she had gestational diabetes on top of all her usual pregnancy issues.  Her body is clearly worn down and begging for a breeding break. 

1 hour ago, LaLele said:

She is def in her early 30's.  This go around she had gestational diabetes on top of all her usual pregnancy issues.  Her body is clearly worn down and begging for a breeding break. 

Yes, she's clearly not healthy and she has had several posts that even when not pregnant she has signs of not being physically well, not related to her weight. 

I get lulled into sort of liking Bonnie. The orthodox Catholics don't have that puritanical dourness of Protestant Fundies, so it's all Birthday parties! Popular movies and music on the radio! Wine! Sex is fun! And then she goes all Shamey McFingerWaggy on someone who dares to mention condoms for her and her overwhelmed husband. At this point I think she has to rabidly defend her choices, because she's so far in she can't get out. It's hard to admit you were wrong about a belief that leaves so many lasting effects on your life. If she stops now, she's just an exhausted mom with too many kids, depression, and not enough money. For now though, she gets to be a front line warrior for the one true church. 

She really needs to stop saying she is doing NFP. She's just not. She's written that after having several large babies she just can't accurately gauge what stage of ovulation she is in from her discharge. So they aren't doing NFP; they're just flying by the seat of their pants. It will be hard for the kids when they get older and read the blog to feel that they were just stresses on their mom.

I have a hard core Catholic friend that does NFP. She bought an ovulation testing machine with disposable strips in bulk off of Amazon. When she wants to get pregnant she knows when she's fertile and when she doesn't she skips those days. 

Yeah, NFP works for a lot of people, especially people with very regular cycles, which is awesome. But according to Bonnie (and I believe her) she has tried every single method of NFP and none work for her.

Just on the off chance that the Bateseses actually read here - I hope they have had Allie's eyesight/slight squint checked out!

Edit: Wrong thread, silly me and too many open windows at the same time...

Israel and Brook Wayne had their 10th very recently. No word on name or sex of the baby.

Amy Ellen (Bradrick) Haas and her husband had their second it looks like sometime this fall....They have a picture of their new one on their FB page and she looks about 6-8 weeks old in the photo. Voddie Bacham married them in 2010 ( I believe).

• SpoonfulOSugar locked and unpinned this topic

Archived