IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 4

Kressent defiantly looks pregnant. On her Facebook theres a picture with her and the kids where it looks like she has a bump.
In other news Claudia Kautt had her daughter. No word on the name yet. 

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christi Cason had #18 on Nov. 13th (I think).

From facebook it looks like it was a girl and from their blog they were leaning towards Quinn as a girl's name although the actual name hasn't been announced. The oldest daughter had her second, a girl, shortly before Christi.

The Maxwells just announced a new pregnancy for Anna-Marie and Christopher. Baby #4 due in July. 

Shocking no one. That's an early announcement.  I figured they'd wait for Christmas. 

David Waller's sister, Rachelle, is looking pregnant in a new photo on his website. This is her 3rd child, and she has been married since 2009.

Michaella Bates Keilen, in an Instagram comment, just said that she still isn't pregnant.

Michaella Bates Keilen, in an Instagram comment, just said that she still isn't pregnant.

hmm, that's too bad, since she obviously wants children and is [very] unlikely to be preventing. It's been a couple of months now. I hope she isn't suffering from Erin's fertility issues... :/

hmm, that's too bad, since she obviously wants children and is [very] unlikely to be preventing. It's been a couple of months now. I hope she isn't suffering from Erin's fertility issues... :/

Erin doesn't have fertility issues. She literally got pregnant four times within the span of a year, including a pregnancy that lasted 10 weeks or so (I don't want to lie here, so someone correct me if I'm completely off on that). She has trouble sustaining a pregnancy - but that's a different thing altogether and also, I'm assuming, something Michael would be keeping an eye on knowing about Erin's struggles.

"Fertility" generally refers to a person's ability to produce offspring. That includes conception and pregnancy retention, not necessarily just the act of fertilization. The inability to sustain a pregnancy is a "fertility" issue, though it would likely relate to a different set of problems than the inability to conceive. 

I say this with full awareness of my glaring hypocrisy since I avidly follow these people (and am therefore part of "the public"), but I feel so bad for the way that Michael has to deal with the public. She and Brandon probably aren't preventing, and they probably do want children. Even if they are enjoying their "alone" time, they probably both feel personal pressure to have kids. Meanwhile, she has to formally announce that she ISN'T pregnant on Instagram about every 2 weeks. If she does want children, that must be a constant source of pain and frustration. 

"Fertility" generally refers to a person's ability to produce offspring. That includes conception and pregnancy retention, not necessarily just the act of fertilization. The inability to sustain a pregnancy is a "fertility" issue, though it would likely relate to a different set of problems than the inability to conceive.

You're right. Some definitions for (in)fertility do include the ability to sustain a pregnancy in addition to the ability to conceive. I should have looked that up before commenting.

However, my original point still stands, in that it is unlikely that the fact that Michael is not yet pregnant is related to Erin's troubles sustaining a pregnancy. Also, Michael has only had about four chances of getting pregnant since she's been married. It would hardly be unusual for her not to be pregnant yet (and who knows, she may even be pregnant and simply not know it yet).

I also feel terrible that Michael has to field these questions every time she posts on Instagram!

It's been less than four months. Not getting pregnant in ~3 months is not indicative of fertility problems.

Yikes. Those fans pestering Michael need to stay in their own lane. The State Of The Union of a young, newlywed girl's uterus is so none of their business.

On 11/27/2015, 9:55:24, LilMissMetaphor said:

Christi Cason had #18 on Nov. 13th (I think).

I do not follow the Casons, but a quick Google search suggests these are all biological? And she's only 42? So she's definitely set to beat out the Duggars and the Bateses. 

Wonder if anyone's told Michelle. 

53 minutes ago, nausicaa25 said:

I do not follow the Casons, but a quick Google search suggests these are all biological? And she's only 42? So she's definitely set to beat out the Duggars and the Bateses. 

Wonder if anyone's told Michelle. 

According to her twitter she's at least 44.  She might tie Michelle and Kelly but I would be really surprised to see another pregnancy after this.

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

According to her twitter she's at least 44.  She might tie Michelle and Kelly but I would be really surprised to see another pregnancy after this.

She's had at least one miscarriage maybe more. She might conceive again but not have a successful pregnancy.

Based on Jordan Niednagel's updated facebook cover picture I'm guessing Melissa is pregnant.  Marian just turned 3 so that's a pretty big gap.

56 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

Based on Jordan Niednagel's updated facebook cover picture I'm guessing Melissa is pregnant.  Marian just turned 3 so that's a pretty big gap.

My my... So Jordy could not deal with brother Jeremy's bigger quiver and needs a new lil' Robin Hood to get things even again. I'm only half joking.

On 2015-12-03 at 6:00 PM, singsingsing said:

It's been less than four months. Not getting pregnant in ~3 months is not indicative of fertility problems.

90% of women who have unprotected sex will get pregnant within a year. That means some will get pregnant the first month and others the full year. 

2 hours ago, elliha said:

90% of women who have unprotected sex will get pregnant within a year. That means some will get pregnant the first month and others the full year. 

yeah i've been spending a lot of time familiarizing myself with the jaw-droppingly fertile mortons lately so maybe i'm just becoming conditioned to expect IMMEDIATE conception 

Infertility is defined as a disease or condition of the reproductive system often diagnosed after a couple has had one year of unprotected, well-timed intercourse, or if the woman has suffered from multiple miscarriages. Infertility is a medical problem. -resolve.org 

On 2015-12-08 at 6:47 AM, Bethella said:

She's had at least one miscarriage maybe more. She might conceive again but not have a successful pregnancy.

It gets harder to get pregnant after 45 for most women even if they have previously been very fertile but it does happen. My colleague's grandfather is the only child of a couple who had their first and only pregnancy (not even a miscarriage that they knew of up to that point) when the mother was 50. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked and unpinned this topic

Archived