IGNORED

One Million Moms vs. American Girl

EyeQueue

One MillionTens of Moms are at it again, this time launching a campaign against American Girl magazine for having the utter gall to feature a little girl, Amaya, who is out doing charitable and caring things in her community--but just so happens to have two dads. :pb_surprised:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2015/11/05/maryland-family-faces-harsh-criticism-after-adopted-daughter-featured-in-american-girl-magazine/

Here's what a Tens of Moms spokesperson has to say about including this article in American Girl magazine:

American Girl should have only focused "on the child and not the parents since it is a magazine for children" and it "could have chosen another child to write about and remained neutral in the culture war.”

So, they would only find this article acceptable if the little girl did not mention her daddies at all (and they're probably a big part of why she's so charitable and is working out in the community) OR they should have just chosen a family more acceptable to the evangelical Christian crowd, which would of course not be a gay family (and for some sects, not a mixed family or adopted children).

Haven't they ever just heard the old maxim to turn the page if what you are reading offends you? Jeez--Chaucer had this one down back in the 1380s. One Million Morons is more like it.  (And why can't I find the head-banging-into-the-wall emoticon?)

11-year-old girl shames ‘One Million Moms’ for attack on her gay dads: ‘This is none of your business’

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/11-year-old-girl-shames-one-million-moms-for-attack-on-her-gay-dads-this-is-none-of-your-business/

Good for her, and good for the dads for pointing out the Moms' possible hypocrisy. How many of them are out there taking in foster kids and adopting?

One Million Moms - where everyone has their heads so far up their own ass, they're eating their own poop and think it's Nutella. They are such a completely useless bunch. So freaked out about this stuff - why aren't they freaking their gourd about the children in their communities that are homeless or hungry, or any number of other things that they might actually accomplish something good in their individual communities or even in their world.

One MillionTens of Moms are at it again, this time launching a campaign against American Girl magazine for having the utter gall to feature a little girl, Amaya, who is out doing charitable and caring things in her community--but just so happens to have two dads. :pb_surprised:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2015/11/05/maryland-family-faces-harsh-criticism-after-adopted-daughter-featured-in-american-girl-magazine/

Here's what a Tens of Moms spokesperson has to say about including this article in American Girl magazine:

American Girl should have only focused "on the child and not the parents since it is a magazine for children" and it "could have chosen another child to write about and remained neutral in the culture war.”

So, they would only find this article acceptable if the little girl did not mention her daddies at all (and they're probably a big part of why she's so charitable and is working out in the community) OR they should have just chosen a family more acceptable to the evangelical Christian crowd, which would of course not be a gay family (and for some sects, not a mixed family or adopted children).

Haven't they ever just heard the old maxim to turn the page if what you are reading offends you? Jeez--Chaucer had this one down back in the 1380s. One Million Morons is more like it.  (And why can't I find the head-banging-into-the-wall emoticon?)

You'll have to use the search box at the bottom of the emoticons box to get it. I found it by searching for angry. :angry-banghead:

One Million Moms needs to suck on one million bags of dicks.  

Pardon the language above, but seriously these are a bunch of busybodies with way too much time on their hands.  Maybe getting some would lighten them up.

One Million Moms needs to suck on one million bags of dicks.  

Pardon the language above, but seriously these are a bunch of busybodies with way too much time on their hands.  Maybe getting some would lighten them up.

:pb_lol:

I think it's actually 27 Puritanical Pearl-Clutching Busybodies (one million my ass).

Fuck those Moms.  I hope their kids grow up with better morals than their parents have.  GRRR!

If there's anything wrong with American Girl it's that they stopped selling dolls with historical legit problems like "I'm an immigrant from Sweden and my BFF died of cholera" or "I'm a runaway slave during the Civil War" and now the problems are like "I want to be on both the basketball team AND the band. FML"

In all seriousness, though, fuck One Million Moms.

If there's anything wrong with American Girl it's that they stopped selling dolls with historical legit problems like "I'm an immigrant from Sweden and my BFF died of cholera" or "I'm a runaway slave during the Civil War" and now the problems are like "I want to be on both the basketball team AND the band. FML"

In all seriousness, though, fuck One Million Moms.

Actually they haven't stopped selling the historical dolls at all! In fact, the newest one is a pretty badass little kid from the 50's who had polio, is pro-vaccination, and into science. The historical line is just under a new name now: BeForever. 

The issue I have with American Girl is how expensive the dolls and the millions of accessories that go with each doll.

That said, Fuck One "Million" Moms.

My girls are teenagers now, but they have Samantha, Addy and Elizabeth.  I might have to go buy one of the cute little pets we don't have just to support American Girl and have my own personal F.U. to One Million Morons.  

And I totally wish I could get Julie, the 70's girl, and ALL HER STUFF for ME.  :56247955dd693_32(12):

ETA: I just saw on the website that from 11/06 to 11/30, they are giving away 1 doll to a girl in need for every 1 doll purchased, up to 1,000 dolls a day. I think that's pretty damn cool.

My DD is 9 and LOVES American Girl. While I do think the prices are crazy and you could easily bankrupt yourself in one of their store, the dolls and accessories are amazing and my DD can play with them for hours. Now I'm glad I just bought her another doll and some clothes for Christmas. Fuck the OMM!

I just put in an order for some Christmas outfits for my older daughter's doll. She has Caroline and the doll is lovely. I'm glad I get to say a big fuck you to the "one million" moms and make my daughter happy at the same time. Multitasking is my forte!

I might be miss remembering, but it seems like the dolls are cheaper now, when you factor in inflation.

Didn't Samantha have a friend who was scalped in a sweatshop?

I hate the fact that I can't go buy the heritage collection stuff i wanted as a kid and couldn't afford.

I vividly remember poring over the catalog when it was big and just Kirsten, Samantha, and Molly. I wanted Samantha. I too still wish I could just magically acquire one. 

Yay American Girls and Yay for dolls in general. 

I am burned out from AG.....I won't even bother trying to list what all we have, but I am still ticked 16 year old lost her original, pre-Mattel Kirsten. She does still have her Addy. I am positive at least the 9 year old, who has nearly half a dozen bitty babies but has much less historical dolls than her sisters, will be getting one for Christmas. My 13 year old knits nearly non-stop. All of her knitting is for her collection of AG dolls. I think they may be the best outfitted group of dolls on the planet!

Good luck to you, 1Mil. If you think you want to take on the corporate giant of Mattel over something LEGAL in this country, then you can go get your Target dolls which look just as nice but fool very few girls into not drooling over AG dolls just the same, since your VF dolls aren't an option for you anymore.

We get American Girl catalogs all the time. After looking through them, I'm so glad I have boys. It isn't the price of the doll that gets me, it's the sheer number of accessories and sets, and what THOSE cost, that get me. I got the Christmas catalog the other day, and saw the gazillion piece kitchen set, that was like $500 or some such nonsense.

Back on topic, One Million Moms, can suck a schlong. I think they spend their days, doing nothing, but prowling the internet, for things to get offended by. 

Leave it to One Million Morons to take a beautiful story about a charity spreading love and helping foster kids and turn it into an opportunity to spew hate. I'm glad Amaya seems like she is strong in her views and won't let them drag her down. 

The AG princess looking carriage and horse, which is several hundred bucks, is awesome!  My nearly 4 year old wants it, and if we're being honest, I'd like to have it too!  That price tag, though. I just looked it's the pretty city carriage for $275, then you need a horse to pull it of course, so add another $75 to that.  Gah...

And yeah, f off 1 Million Asshats.

A hearty hooray to American Girl and their magazine for being progressive.:cool: I have pre-Mattel Samantha, Kirsten, Felicity, and Josephina in mothballs from my daughters' childhood ( they each had 2). I often cursed the amount of stuff we had, when they were avid AG kids. I can remember grumbling- "NO we don't need a school dress for Samantha- we need school clothes for YOU!" I liked the historical aspect and accuracy of the accessories. My favorite doll is the Asian bitty baby and the fact that if you wanted to, you could make a doll look like your child. My children are multicultural-Asian and Caucasian- and it was important to me to find dolls that looked like them. We never got a doll made, but that BittyBaby looked JUST like them as babies. Screw you "million moms"-every child should feel INCLUDED.

A hearty hooray to American Girl and their magazine for being progressive.:cool: I have pre-Mattel Samantha, Kirsten, Felicity, and Josephina in mothballs from my daughters' childhood ( they each had 2). I often cursed the amount of stuff we had, when they were avid AG kids. I can remember grumbling- "NO we don't need a school dress for Samantha- we need school clothes for YOU!" I liked the historical aspect and accuracy of the accessories. My favorite doll is the Asian bitty baby and the fact that if you wanted to, you could make a doll look like your child. My children are multicultural-Asian and Caucasian- and it was important to me to find dolls that looked like them. We never got a doll made, but that BittyBaby looked JUST like them as babies. Screw you "million moms"-every child should feel INCLUDED.

Actually, I'm annoyed that they discontinued Kirsten, Molly, etc.

And Samantha was dressed way better when I was a kid.

I bought a ton of those dolls though. Got one every christmas and birthday. And then I'd make accessories and clothes for them. I had some of the modern day dolls too.

AG really only exists in our house because it's nostalgic from my childhood.  I had 6 (historic only, my mom didn't like the modern ones) and a bitty baby: Felicity, Kirsten, Josefina, Addy, Samantha, and Molly.  My sister had Kit and Kaya.

RIGHT before I had babies, my mom gave away the box of dolls to her housekeeper for her kid.  The kid was 3 and promptly drew on ALL OF THEM with a sharpie.  I was kind of devastated.  I do still have Josefina but she's in rough shape so I need to do something to fix her hair and find a dress for her. 

I like that AG has always promoted strength and resiliency for girls.  I think it's great that they are still doing so, even though they've gone off the corporate capitalism deep end. 

Also, I want them to make a 90s Riot Grrrrl historic doll! 

Archived