IGNORED

The War on Christmas has begun!!!

PartriarchydefyinValkarie

Apparently,  Starbucks has thrown the first punch according to Joshua Feuerstein aka Christian Paul Blart. He is urging "The great people of this land to go trick Starbucks into writing *le gasp* Merry Christmas on your cup." 

Warning, the video contains general stupidity and horribly portrait filming. 

CURSE-YOU-STARBUCKS!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! I just finished writing a blog post about this. Did you see the breitbart.com rant about this? I'm still cracking up over here.

Yes!!! Its nutso! 

I am going to get mine and write 'Happy Snoggletog!" Lol

Forget real holidays, I'll celebrate made up ones. .. (in all seriousness, I am a Christian, but stuff like this... its only going to push people further from Religious Beliefs.. :irony:

I am not Christian (actually pagan), but I freeking LOVE Christmas. Almost as I love War on Christmas season.

Seriously, the whole War on Christmas thing just mystifies me. You don't see me running around complaining that no one wishes me a Bright Yule. Take the wish in the spirit it was meant, whether it's Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Bright Yule, Merry Kwanzaa, or Happy Hanukkah, and just appreciate the courtesy.

How can someone be so fucking Stupid?  That gun thing killed me. This guy makes me hate christmas even more (but to be far,  I hate christmas because this year will last for almost 3 months, it has been christmas already for 3 weeks, please kill me now)

Yep. I've already had a couple of quasi-fundies I'm friends with on Facebook flip out about this.

For one thing, how are snowflakes and tree ornaments of previous years any more "Christian" than just a festive red cup? Snowflakes are just a general winter theme; there is nothing particularly Christmasy/Christian about them.

And I agree with Fundie Bunny: we're just a week past Halloween, and it's already Christmas for all intents and purposes. WTF more do these people want?

Yep. I've already had a couple of quasi-fundies I'm friends with on Facebook flip out about this.

For one thing, how are snowflakes and tree ornaments of previous years any more "Christian" than just a festive red cup? Snowflakes are just a general winter theme; there is nothing particularly Christmasy/Christian about them.

And I agree with Fundie Bunny: we're just a week past Halloween, and it's already Christmas for all intents and purposes. WTF more do these people want?

I was in JCPenney last night, and the Sephora kiosk was blaring Christmas music.   I said to Mr. CL, "I can't tolerate this on November 7, so I will wait for  you outside."  And I left the store. 

I decided to be absolutely awful this year and I put all of my Christmas decorations up on Halloween. :giggle:   I'm sure my neighbors think I'm completely nuts. In my defense, I've been alone on Christmas for the past two years (husband's military) and didn't feel like decorating when it was just me.

I decided to be absolutely awful this year and I put all of my Christmas decorations up on Halloween. :giggle:   I'm sure my neighbors think I'm completely nuts. In my defense, I've been alone on Christmas for the past two years (husband's military) and didn't feel like decorating when it was just me.

Justsomedame, you get a pass; I hope you continue to do what makes you happy.  Best wishes to you forever.

retailers, on the other hand, are making conscious choices that have changed our culture.  Yes, Christmas is fun, but would we really be prepping for it now if stores weren't pushing it at us in October?

Aww man, and the seething war about decorating for xmas before Remembrance Day is just reaching boiling point here. Can we just have one war going at a time? I'm lazy.

Ugh.  Every year the war on Christmas stars earlier and earlier.  Can't they at least wait until after thanksgiving to start persecuting the poor, poor Christians?

There is a bit of a kerfuffle in NC because a mall in Charlotte decided to put Santa in an iceberg with some sort of light show instead of next to a giant Christmas tree. Apparently Santa next to a tree is the true meaning of Christmas while Santa and icebergs is an attack on the whole concept of Christmas. 

How can it be an attack on Christmas when it is the beginning of November and you can go have your picture taken with Santa?! It is an attack on Thanksgiving!

Joshua Feuerstein is called Josh Moronstein ,Josh Fuckstain, or Josh Cumstain on the Drunken Peasants.  He is a complete and utter tool imo.

Apparently,  Starbucks has thrown the first punch according to Joshua Feuerstein aka Christian Paul Blart. He is urging "The great people of this land to go trick Starbucks into writing *le gasp* Merry Christmas on your cup." 

Warning, the video contains general stupidity and horribly portrait filming. 

CURSE-YOU-STARBUCKS!

FFS just isn't enough of a response to this stupidity:

For Fuck's SAKE!!  I like the phrase "Merry Christmas!" but flat-out refuse to use it due to realizing that not everyone's traditions and religions are my own and respecting others is the decent thing to do.  My kids say "And a Bright Yule to you" if anyone MC's them, but I like "Happy Holidays".  Some Christians will point to anything to scream Religious Persecution, when what they need to do is turn that pointing finger back upon themselves.  :5624797b0697e_headbash:

Makes me laugh. I'm just sad because I love the starbucks season cups every year and it really feels like Christmas when I get those cups, but I believe I will continue to survive.

You will have us this year!

Yay...

A Fred Durst double (seriously, 2003 wants it´s hat back!) "tricked" a overworked and underpaid Hipsterista to write Meery Christmas on his cardboard cup full of sugary artifical coffee water!

This man really captured of the true meaning of Christmas. Not.

If there aren't CHRISTMAS designs on the disposable paper cup that's about 2 minutes from going in the garbage, my coffee won't taste as good.

Growing up, Happy Holidays meant just that: happy whatever you celebrate and best wishes for a happy and healthy new year. There really was no agenda in whatever words you chose to wish someone a happy season.

I learned that was not the way everyone looked at it. When I was working my first job I made the mistake of smiling and wishing a customer Happy Holidays! She leaned over the counter and screamed, literally SCREAMED at me, "No, no, no! Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas!!!". She was so close to me I could feel spit flying into my face.

That experience changed me. I never wish strangers any kind of holiday greeting, unless Christmas has passed, because then I have a week to say Happy New Year to folks. If someone wishes me Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Happy Hanukkah--I just smile and say, "And to you!".

My idiot aunt has proclaimed for all to see on Facebook that she is boycotting Starbucks. She lives in rural Nebraska and would have to drive about 65 miles to get to a Starbucks. So my brother asked her the logical question: "Have you ever been to Starbucks?". Answer: "No."

So I'm thinking her boycott is truly going to take them down. :pb_rollseyes:

This is the epitomy of stupidity. They decide to go with a minimalist look in what would traditionally be called, what??? CHRISTMAS colors!!! This is a big offense, how??? I am a Christian, and I personally love the look. I think it looks classy. I'm a coffee snob, so not a big fan of their coffee though.

What's this Christmas you guys are talking about? Never heard of it. Like, maybe Christians who think it's important oughta do something to share it with others. Like have Christmas music and blast it a few months before Christmas to let us know it's gonna happen. Or perhaps stores and malls could get into the spirit and sell Christmas themed stuff. You know what would be great? Decorations! Lots and lots of it that is up like maybe now, cuz apparently Christmas is only a month and a half away, and then keep the decorations up until April. Oh and make sure the decorations are obvious and flashy... Lights! Yes, lots of lights! And repeat the same Christmas songs over and over and over again until everybody gets that it's Christmas time!  Sheesh, Christians, get it together and organize yourselves or Christmas will never take off.

:pb_rollseyes:

Growing up, Happy Holidays meant just that: happy whatever you celebrate and best wishes for a happy and healthy new year. There really was no agenda in whatever words you chose to wish someone a happy season.

I learned that was not the way everyone looked at it. When I was working my first job I made the mistake of smiling and wishing a customer Happy Holidays! She leaned over the counter and screamed, literally SCREAMED at me, "No, no, no! Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas!!!". She was so close to me I could feel spit flying into my face.

That experience changed me. I never wish strangers any kind of holiday greeting, unless Christmas has passed, because then I have a week to say Happy New Year to folks. If someone wishes me Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Happy Hanukkah--I just smile and say, "And to you!".

Yup. I used to know someone who would forward me tons of crap about "The war on Christmas!!!111!!". Whenever this person would wish me a Merry Christmas, I would make a point of smiling really big while wishing them Happy Holidays in return. :pb_twisted: Normally, if I know the specific holiday or holidays you celebrate I will personalize my greeting to you, but if you insist on being an insufferable ass about it, then I'm going to let my inner snarkster have a bit of fun with you. 

Apologies for my ignorance but I have to ask what are "the Christmas Wars"?

Archived