IGNORED

Happy 10th Anniversary, Niednagel Blog!

DomWackTroll

I want to thank Jordan Niednagel, from my heart, for ten years of so beautifully documenting the wild and wacky world of Dominionism! Who can forget all the awesome, candid photos of dozens of Vision Forum events? The unintentionally hilarious (and revealing) home videos? The intimate tour of the interior of the Botkin home? The hot, half-naked brothers-in-law? (Wait, wut?)

Congrats, Jordan, on a job well done under oftentimes trying circumstances. VF may be gone, but our mem’ries live on in your always stunning pics and always asinine commentary.

http://www.niednagel.com/blog.htm

Let's not forget the endless paeans to the Lovely Meliss, the epitome of the perfect VF helpmeet...

@DomWackTroll  I actually discovered the Niednagels from you on your old DataLounge threads, many moons ago.  They weren't mentioned here all too often, mostly as an aside to DPIAT/R, VF, or the Botkins.  I then jumped down the Niednagel rabbit hole!  If I have a pet Fundie, it's probably them.  So thank you for introducing me to the Robin Hoods (that's what I call them in my head, ha)! 

Camping in a skirt? Tent camping? Seriously? 

Ma Thomas and Sis Melanie are wearing jeans, though. And it seems Melanie may have a boyfriend. 

I'm glad Melanie might have a potential suitor- she has seemed lonely ever since Sweet Meliss got married.  What I want to know is why those ridiculously good looking Thomas brothers-in-law don't get more attention here? I mean, they are hot by worldly heathen standards, not just in Fundie Land.  And why aren't they married yet? They still hang out with the old VF crew, so I don't think they are knockin' boots with anyone... which is weird. . unless they are.  

The Nieknagels are also besties with the Jim Zes family - he of VF-financing fame, if memory serves. The Niednagel blog allows the occasional glimpse of the elusive Zes daughters, Sarah, Hannah and Rebekah. AFAIK, they are all all still in their "season of singleness."

I've heard of the Niednagels in passing here on FJ, but I've never explored the blog.  Let's just say the 'Cauldron of Love' got me hooked on exploring the rest of this cavalcade of crazy.

I'm not that familiar with this family. I just read the anniversary post and Jonathan (?) says that 2005 and 2007 were "bleak" for him? Does anyone know what happened or which post I should check out? Thanks.

I'm not that familiar with this family. I just read the anniversary post and Jonathan (?) says that 2005 and 2007 were "bleak" for him? Does anyone know what happened or which post I should check out? Thanks.

Jordan and Melissa were married in 2008, so I think he's just saying he was not happy in those final years of singleness. 

The Nieknagels are also besties with the Jim Zes family - he of VF-financing fame, if memory serves. The Niednagel blog allows the occasional glimpse of the elusive Zes daughters, Sarah, Hannah and Rebekah. AFAIK, they are all all still in their "season of singleness."

Could be wrong but thought one of the Zes daughters did get married.

Need to go back through the Niednagel blog but think it might have been on one of the jaunts into St. Louis where the married Zes daughter was in a group that went to a concert or picnic or something.

Those Zes daughters must be at least in their early thirties, still living with Ma & Pa. Would be interesting to know why because I find them all very beautiful, and getting a rich father-in-law might be tempting to some Prince Charmings...

I fell down the Niednagel rabbit hole a year or two ago and read _the whole damn blog_. Jordan annoys the hell out of me - talk about bratty, entitled and in-love-with-himself! What the hell does he do for a living?!? Does he work for his dad? Because that Sherwood mansion and all those vacations and hotel stays in Hawaii and all over the country aren't cheap. They always seem to be on the move, either going to or coming from endless trips and holidays with like-minded fundies. I must admit I find his blog interesting, because his life could not be any further from my own (and for that I'm thankful - give me my very modest rented apartment and my loving partner of 18 years who treats me as his equal any day over the patriarchal dominionist life!).

About the Thomases... I thought Melanie might have a suitor, too, but the guy looks very young (like in his late teens) and the comment under the picture might be just Jordan's famous "humour". No wonder all the Thomas kids are ridiculously good looking since Ma Thomas still looks stunning (Pa looks like the reaper, for his part...). I still find her creepy, grinning manically in every single photo, even in the ones where fair Meliss is in obvious pain pushing out the next lil' Niednageling. That lady sure loves attention - no wonder she seems to be in love with Jordan, always commenting on the blog about his wonderful sense of humour... I wouldn't be surprised if those single Thomas boys had some private lady friends. They have their own appartment and, let's face it, are hot by any standards. I'm sure there are ladies out there waiting in line behind their front door. They probably enjoy their life as it is now and have no intention to start a quiver of their own in the immediate future. And that's a good thing, because based on Jordan's blog I find them very immature.

I'm not finding any evidence of a Zes daughter's wedding, but I did find this pic courtesy of St. Louis Magazine, July 16, 2014. Caption reads"Marscel Thomas, Sarah Zes, Hannah Zes, Rebekah Zes, Micaiah Thomas."

Per an FJ-on-Yuku post from 2010, Sarah is now 32, Rebekah 29, and Hannah 26. 

Father James Zes is president of DeVault Investments, a property management company in St. Charles, MO, which owns and manages "more than 2,400 apartment units in the St. Louis area," according to the St. Louis Business Journal. He also purchased the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Clayton, MO in 2010.

Try as I might, I can't find any info about dad's net worth. But I'm betting it's substantial.

ArtmuseumMovieNite044.jpg

I'm not finding any evidence of a Zes daughter's wedding, but I did find this pic courtesy of St. Louis Magazine, July 16, 2014. Caption reads"Marscel Thomas, Sarah Zes, Hannah Zes, Rebekah Zes, Micaiah Thomas."

Per an FJ-on-Yuku post from 2010, Sarah is now 32, Rebekah 29, and Hannah 26. 

Father James Zes is president of DeVault Investments, a property management company in St. Charles, MO, which owns and manages "more than 2,400 apartment units in the St. Louis area," according to the St. Louis Business Journal. He also purchased the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Clayton, MO in 2010.

Try as I might, I can't find any info about dad's net worth. But I'm betting it's substantial.

ArtmuseumMovieNite044.jpg

Thank you! Looks like, once again, my memory is a poor servant because the blog item was a couple or three years ago.

That said, yes, looks like the Zes daughters, along with the Botkinettes & the Ah the Lifers, have been "left on the shelf," as the old saying goes. More seriously, les filles Zes seem to have a fair amount of autonomy (in dress & activity) and probably lots of Daddy's money to enjoy it with so maybe they're seeing SAHD-hood as a good alternative to marriage to a dominionist douchecanoe like Jordan.

Archived