IGNORED

Honey Boo Boo back on TV?

iweartanktops

While some very conservative religious groups are growing quickly, it's unclear if such growth is sustainable. The males in many ultra Orthodox communities are discouraged from working so they can study Torah and Talmud fulltime. While some ultra Orthodox women are the sole breadwinners for their very large families by doing low level white collar jobs, many more are on welfare, and have no desire to change this situation. However, ultra Orthodox life is expensive, from buying kosher food to private school tuition, so what we have is an inverted pyramid scheme where an increasingly shrinking number of elderly people  (who actually had jobs at one point) are having to support an increasingly large number of non working younger people. Given how ill-prepared the young adult Duggars are for life, I don't know if the situation is any better for Christian fundamentalists. However, Christian quiverfull is far more anti-institutional than ultra Orthodox Judaism, so it's cheaper in that regard. 

I remember going to B&H Photo in NYC back in 2013. That business is run by Orthodox Jews so they're closed on Saturdays.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget the Sketti

Probably a snark worthy recipe of meat, butter and ketchup with the centerpiece being the spaghetti noodles. Though it could be the opposite with the focal point being the sauce 

11 hours ago, religiouslyconfused said:

Don't forget the Sketti

Probably a snark worthy recipe of meat, butter and ketchup with the centerpiece being the spaghetti noodles. Though it could be the opposite with the focal point being the sauce 

Probably going to throw up. What the fuck, tgat is not even food

2 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Probably going to throw up. What the fuck, tgat is not even food

Was there meat in that or was it literally just melted butter and ketchup poured over spaghetti!?  Usually reading about food makes me feel hungry but.......nope :pizza:

Pot of what hamburger that's not hamburger surely

I think of hamburger on roll with cheese and onions. 

As for mama June on about cheating ,fuck off dear you dated the molester of one of your children what does that say about you. 

Sketti is just spaghetti, butter (or margarine if you are feeling particularly adventurous :ew:), and ketchup. That's it. In the video above, the "road kill" was used for a different culinary delight.

Any and all kitchen/cooking related scenes on that show (on the rare times I watched it out of sheer boredom) made me severely nauseous.   I'm surprised they're not sick more often.

In grade 2 or 3, we discussed in class our favourite dinners and one little boy said "spaghetti with cut up hot dogs and ketchup". Who knew there were already several food snobs amongst the 8 year old set? I was one of them. We pitied that kid. 

I watched it a few times, the food on it made me feel sick! I did like how it made me feel like such an amazing parent in comparison! Helped my teens to see how lucky they are! Awful of me I know! 

I watched it a few times, the food on it made me feel sick! Roadkill Nd ketchup on speghetti? Eww. I did like how it made me feel like such an amazing parent in comparison. I do feel sorry for the kids though. :(  Helped with my teens to see how lucky they are too! Awful of me I know! 

• 1 year later...

According to the TLC website, "lost" episodes of Honey Boo Boo will be airing this Friday, April 21.  I think these may be the ones they filmed before June dating the guy who molested Anna came out. 

Man this is fucked up. Like someone said up-thread: what does it take for people to NOT be on reality TV? Perhaps being caught molesting their kids on video? Shit.

Joshito Duggarito, check

Mamma June's lovah, check

who's next?

40 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Just in time for June's weight loss show. :rolleyes:

Is she getting one? 

I saw the ads for the "SAY GOOD BYE TO HONEY BOO BOO" episode at the gym. I had my headphones on and was listening to music because I hate "Say Yes to the Dress" but I still managed to catch the ads yelling at me about Mama June. 

So of course I looked her up and she's in People showing off her weight loss. http://people.com/tv/mama-june-weight-loss-photos/time-for-a-change

Too bad she couldn't spend some energy on working out and eating healthy with her child, Honey Boo Boo. That poor kid is getting set up for some serious health issues in her future. 

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

Is she getting one? 

I thought, I saw it somewhere that she was. I may be completely out in left field. 

7 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Too bad she couldn't spend some energy on working out and eating healthy with her child, Honey Boo Boo. That poor kid is getting set up for some serious health issues in her future. 

There are rumors that will be Season Two of Mama June on WE.

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

There are rumors that will be Season Two of Mama June on WE.

If they do exploit this poor kid's life some more, I hope they do it in a not damaging way. It's TV, and it's TLC, so it's probably going to be a trainwreck. I really hope they teach healthy behaviors for the whole family and just change their lifestyle; vs stick her in a fat camp/boot camp type situation for ratings. 

Worse than TLC, if they do a second season of Mama June it will be on WE. 

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

Worse than TLC, if they do a second season of Mama June it will be on WE. 

Great, now I have to ask the gym if they get WE. I don't even know that that is. 

EDIT: All the episodes of season one are online. I never knew I needed this trash. 

It bugs me hat June said she knows her daughters have weight problems but doesn't do anything to change their diets. She's the one buying the food. Maybe instead of surgery first she should have worked with her girls to be healthier together. 

9 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

It bugs me hat June said she knows her daughters have weight problems but doesn't do anything to change their diets. She's the one buying the food. Maybe instead of surgery first she should have worked with her girls to be healthier together. 

That's what bugs me about the whole situation as well. It wasn't until her own weight situation got out of control, that June even thought about doing something. She seriously needs to reassess what she is doing to her daughters. 

21 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

June doesn't care about her daughters much beyond whatever they do for her. Alana brought her fame. But she got back together with the molester, putting her feelings before the feelings and safety of her daughters. 

• 3 months later...

Archived