IGNORED

The new Isaac and Heidi Botkin blog

love2scrap

WHEREAS, Elena Kagan and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, two justices essential to the bare five justice majority in Obergefell, failed to recuse themselves from consideration of the case, after demonstrating personal bias in its outcome, by officiating at and advocating for same-sex “marriage” ceremonies, during the pendency of proceedings on the issue, in violation of 28 U.S.C. § 455 (“Any justice, judge, or magistrate judge of the United States shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned.”); and

How convenient. If you're  against gay marriage, you're impartial. If you're for gay  marriage, you're not. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/6/2016 at 5:53 PM, starfish said:

Do you think we will ever see the day when one of the Botkinettes fulfills their fundy purpose in life and gets married?

I'm starting to give up hope.......

I don't think they'll ever marry, and to be honest, I don't blame them. While daddy dearest might not be the best person, they still have an okay amount of freedom for SAHD's. If they marry who know's what their headships may place over them, and their word is gospel. And I think the Botkinette's probably realize this. Similarly they both seem to care a fair deal about physical appearances, and having a gaggle of kids isn't exactly conducive to them keeping their looks up. 

@FundiesInParis writes, 

"...they both seem to care a fair deal about physical appearances, and having a gaggle of kids isn't exactly conducive to them keeping their looks up."

No kidding. They have only to look at their mom...I say this with no glee at all, but the poor gal had been missing a front tooth in the past. And they have to know how their dear papaw focused on AS's tiny newborn ovaries even while dear mater was hovering somewhere between death and life due to complications in childbirth. 

I've  owed y'all a report on "She shall be called woman," the Botkins' magnum opus in all things female, narrated by Mother Victoria. For now, trust me when I say, VB does not come across as a generous, charitable person -- but judgmental and snide toward those who do not automatically hew to the Botkin Way O'Life.  I'm sure the women love their mom, but they have to be cognizant of what marriage to A Patriarch can do to a woman's temperament as well as her health.

(Please know that I really don't despise Vickie B., instead, her life is so close to what mine could've become (same age) with a few different roads taken. I don't like what she stands for, but she seems to me a victim of patriarchy, herself.)

I think ya'll are right. But I sometimes daydream about delicious it would be if one of the Botkinettes ran off on the back of a motorcycle with some cool dude who was not a fundie. Or if one of them--gasp--went to a state university--or--moved out and got a real job!!!! Free the Botkinettes!

And MamaJuneBug, I remember those photos of Vickie B. missing a front tooth. Geez. It can't be easy being married and procreating with the loathesome and frankly weird Geoffrey.

WHEREAS, Elena Kagan and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, two justices essential to the bare five justice majority in Obergefell, failed to recuse themselves from consideration of the case, after demonstrating personal bias in its outcome, by officiating at and advocating for same-sex “marriage” ceremonies, during the pendency of proceedings on the issue, in violation of 28 U.S.C. § 455 (“Any justice, judge, or magistrate judge of the United States shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned.”); and

How convenient. If you're  against gay marriage, you're impartial. If you're for gay  marriage, you're not. 

Why didn't Roberts, Alito, Scalia and Thomas recuse themselves? They only performed heterosexual marriages or none at all during the "pendency of proceedings". Obvious bias, that.

On 22/01/2016 at 5:39 AM, FundiesInParis said:

I don't think they'll ever marry, and to be honest, I don't blame them.

[missingthepoint]Of course not, they're Platonic Life Partners![/missingthepoint]

On 11/4/2015 at 9:51 AM, Marian the Librarian said:

Doing...what, exactly? What do these people do for money??

Why, partly through servicing this country's ammosexuals through T Rex Arms (get it?)

trex-arms.com/product-category/products/

Don't know if all of the Botkins are involved/supported by this business, but it looks to be substantial in terms of what they offer, but who knows.  David and Lucas are shown as company partners, but at least two Isaacs are on The Team.   trex-arms.com/the-team/

He also works for the Western Conservatory, as do all of the Botwads. 

"Ammosexuals" - Howl, you have absolutely made my night. :clap::pb_lol:

I can think of no better term to describe the little rootin' tootin' Bible-totin'-and-quotin' shoot-em-uppers.

They should make a T Rex Arms themed gun safety training simulator software package.

By which I mean a videogame :P

8 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

They should make a T Rex Arms themed gun safety training simulator software package.

By which I mean a videogame :P

Did you hear about the guy who brought a gun to the cinema, in his pocket, because he was afraid of mass shootings? And then the gun went off accidentally and the bullet went through the seat in front of him and into the back of the woman sitting there? Thankfully she wasn't killed, but she's in the hospital.

Because having a gun in your pocket's gonna help you if there's a mass shooting in a dark cinema. :my_confused:

Lucas Botkin's weighed in on the subject of when/where/how often to carry, on the T.Rex Arms Facebook page, dated January 27 2016:

Here's a question... do you CCW in your residence? Or does the gun come off when you walk in the front door? If you want to protect yourself effectively in case of a home invasion, it's EXTREMELY prudent to leave your handgun on while you're at your abode. 

Why? Because the time it takes for a group of scumbags to entire your home is mere seconds. Can you run upstairs to your bedside table to retrieve your handgun in that amount of time? Hit the code to your safe to get your shotgun/carbine? For most people, there's no way they could get their gun in time under those circumstances. Especially the safe part. Gun safes are great for securing guns while you're out of the house or if you have undisciplined kids. But if you're at home, your weapons should be easily accessible. Not behind lock and key (or code if you're fancy). 

If you want to be better prepared for a home invasion, you have two options: have a gun within close reach in every room, or... you can continue to carry your handgun when you get home. I carry a Glock 19 with a weapon light in a Sidecar all day every day seven days a week. In the home. Out of the home. At church. You name it.

Get a good holster, a comfortably-sized handgun, and please consider carrying your handgun at all times. In the home. ‪#‎ccw‬ ‪#‎ccweveryday‬‪#‎ccwallthetime‬

A chicken in every pot, a gun in every room!!

Shit. So full disclosure: I live in Chicago, which for better or worse is widely believed (and in some areas, is) a very dangerous city. I live in a neighborhood that has gang violence. My husband and I have both personally witnessed shootings, and I have been assaulted on the street in broad daylight. We have had people shot in front of our previous residence, including children. It sucks, and it is sad and unpleasant.

MiniBot Luke lives in East Bumblefuck - who or what is he so afraid of as to be constantly armed? All the stuff I listed above had never convinced me to own a gun, or anecdotally, many of my friends and neighbor's either. And if they did, I don't think they would carry it every.fucking.second. How paranoid must one be to live like that? How unpleasant it must be to be that paranoid?

Methinks the truth is he is trying to overcompensate for something else.

I just feel so torn because:

1) The Botkins have effectively bored absolutely everyone so successfully that they are positively guaranteed to fade into obscurity at this point.

and

2) They were one of my early fundie fixations, and its literally been YEARS since anything of interest has occurred to analyze/snark upon. Heidi and Isaac have been an utter snorefest, and I've had to content myself with my ultra-lounge of lesser-known fundie blogs that I'm too afraid to talk about on FJ for fear that they will go dark.

I think some of you feel my pain, thanks for listening!

31 minutes ago, erunerune said:

1) The Botkins have effectively bored absolutely everyone so successfully that they are positively guaranteed to fade into obscurity at this point.

and

2) They were one of my early fundie fixations, and its literally been YEARS since anything of interest has occurred to analyze/snark upon. Heidi and Isaac have been an utter snorefest, and I've had to content myself with my ultra-lounge of lesser-known fundie blogs that I'm too afraid to talk about on FJ for fear that they will go dark.

I'm right there with you. The irony is, for all the Botkins' bloviation about changing the culture/politics/education/the world as we know it, they've made themselves less and less visible in recent years, especially since Tool O' Ween. But if you're truly desperate for a big bucket of crazy, you can listen to Geoff's sermons on Sermon Audio:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?speakeronly=true&currsection=sermonsspeaker&keyword=Geoffrey_Botkin

(PS - I admit I'm curious about your ultra-lounge of lesser-known fundie blogs...:pb_glasses:)

ETA: Almost forgot - David is waxing verbose WRT to politics on his FB page, polling his pals about his "rules for candidates."

1. No genocidal maniacs 
2. No liars
3. No one I wouldn't leave alone with my wife or children
4. No one that I wouldn't buy a used car from
5. No one who blasphemes or denies essential truths
6. No idiots
7. No adulterers/covenant breakers

Did I leave anything out, or does anyone think I'm being too strict?

19 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Lucas Botkin's weighed in on the subject of when/where/how often to carry, on the T.Rex Arms Facebook page, dated January 27 2016:

A chicken in every pot, a gun in every room!!

Took me back to a simpler time (decades back) when one of my cousins had just been hired on the city police force. Other cousins were teasing him with questions about whether he'd carry his gun everywhere--even the shower??

With just the right comic timing, my cousin the officer deadpanned, "Clean cop, clean gun!"

Because the time it takes for a group of scumbags to entire your home is mere seconds. 

How often does he think "groups of scumbags" do that in middle class neighbhorhoods? Or rural neighbhorhoods? Or even urban neighbhorhoods? Even in heavy crime areas? 

Because the time it takes for a group of scumbags to entire your home is mere seconds. 

How often does he think "groups of scumbags" do that in middle class neighbhorhoods? Or rural neighbhorhoods? Or even urban neighbhorhoods? Even in heavy crime areas? 

My point exactly - almost never!

I wonder how many women looked up to the Botkin girls, and romanticized about being a SAHD. I wonder how many ended up in unhappy marriages with a gaggle of kids and no marketable skills to get out. Them riding off into the sunset happily ever after would destroy my sense of cosmic justice.

22 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

"Gun safes are great for securing guns while you're out of the house or if you have undisciplined kids."

So "disciplined" (blanket trained?) babes are fine with guns that are not locked up?  Cool theory, bro.

I mean, he's probably right.  What child who endures beatings has ever gone on to harm others?  Oh... oh.  :pb_sad:

10 hours ago, erunerune said:

and

They still manage to interest my father. :my_confused:

On 1/31/2016 at 4:38 PM, Grimalkin said:

I wonder how many women looked up to the Botkin girls, and romanticized about being a SAHD. I wonder how many ended up in unhappy marriages with a gaggle of kids and no marketable skills to get out. Them riding off into the sunset happily ever after would destroy my sense of cosmic justice.

So Much More was a huge hit in our ex-church. Everyone with daughters was reading it and talking about it. I wonder how many of us actually had secret doubts, and the book was designed to cudgel us back into oblivion?

I mean, I kept hearing glowing reviews from the other moms, but every time I started to read the book, I had to put it down.

18 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

They still manage to interest my father. :my_confused:

*sigh* I feel ya.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping to report that Isaac's posted a link to his interview with Kevin Swanson, about the film "The Witch." Satanism, feminism and child sacrifice, oh my!! 

http://isaacbotkin.com/2016/02/puritans-witches-and-pr/

Highlights: it's all the fault of Harry Potter (he had a homosexual mentor, y'know), and Nathaniel Hawthorne. Isaac calls The Scarlet Letter "light, fluffy fiction." Swanson says Hester Prynne is the prototype feminist - never humble, submissive, or repentant, she wears that scarlet "A" proudly. Feminist rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, the liberal arts are turning our children into liberals, and everyone needs to read the Puritans before this country goes to hell in a handbasket. (Fair warning: Swanson always sounds like he's snorted a fistful of cocaine.)

OK, I've taken one for the FJ team. I think I'll just let my Monty Python buddies have the last word:

Archived