IGNORED

Duggar Real Estate Holdings and More

halcionne

I often see the same questions and rumors bandied about the Duggar threads and someone digs up tax records and the like to clarify. I always say it's fun to speculate, but it's the most fun when it's based on facts! Put any good, verifiable information here and it'll be easier to find next time the question about someone's house or business license comes up!

Search state business licenses here: http://www.sos.arkansas.gov/corps/search_all.php (thank you, @quiverfullofgreed)

Arkansas Lay Midwife and Apprentice lookup: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/familyHealth/WomensHealth/Pages/LayMidwifery.aspx 

Property tax records for most AR counties here: http://www.arcountydata.com/index.asp 

Search all kinds of Washington County stuff here: http://co.washington.ar.us/index.aspx?page=648 (credit to @sophrosyne iirc--search crapped out on me--will confirm in a bit) Keep in mind the Duggars have interests in Benton County as well, so you may not find what you're looking for here.

Tontitown City Council Agenda and Minutes: http://www.tontitown.com/index.php/city-government/agendas-minutes (credit to @Nic)

At the third link above, I found a cool interactive map of parcel and ownership information for Washington County property ownership information and mentioned it here: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/23918-free-anna-duggar-and-the-m-kids-part-2-merge/?do=findComment&comment=1047584 Link: http://arcserv.co.washington.ar.us/flex/public/ Here's a screengrab from this amazing resource, featuring the Dowell house:

jOgk8P0h.png

Free Jinger Investigation Team powers, activate!

@sophrosyne checked out the map and noticed the two big parcels directly across from the TTH are Duggar owned, which I had thought we already knew. But! One of the properties (I haven't checked the other yet) is a recent acquisition!

d4UAxeeh.png

We can now look up the parcel number over at http://www.arcountydata.com/index.asp, and we see the following:

vhDlLMVh.png

Clicking the Duggar line shows the following:

P7k4aPYh.png

I have no idea what it means. I'm going to look for a deed, if I can remember how. 

Okay, here's the transfer info, with deed, and it's not such a recent acquisition. Purchase date is 9/5/14, if I'm reading this correctly.

GUi7Cizh.png

Deed here: https://www.actdatascout.com/CountyHome/PdfViewer?Document=2014_00025915.pdf&Container=33 Why would JB buy this boring, unimproved parcel. At first glance I thought the houses on the southeast corner were included, but clearly they aren't. Did he really pay $400K for that? Oh, Jim Bob.

@sophrosyne checked out the map and noticed the two big parcels directly across from the TTH are Duggar owned, which I had thought we already knew. But! One of the properties (I haven't checked the other yet) is a recent acquisition!

Superb thread, halcionne! (we got 'em by air and land now)

I was surprised too to see that the Duggars had acquired the second parcel across the road--I thought they only had the 40+acres parcel directly across from the commercial buildings fronting Arbor Acres.

And I didn't know the price (woo!), but I can see why that property would be worth blood money to him. I figure the two parcels together are the future site of 19 Kids Acres, an all-Duggar subdivision with four acres and a Duggmansion for each Kid. We FJers, though, will right(eous)ly call it Akeldama Acres. 

(I won't push for thread drift to wonder how the kids would choose their neighbors, but it's tempting....Would Jeer and Jed have a duplex Duggmansion? Would buddy team members group on cul-de-sacs? Would miracle Josie have a lamb-white marble Duggpalace, centered among the other dwellings and raised on its own little JD bulldozed hillock?)

Are they building their very own Jonestown? He is buy up properties, to keep the kidults close by and under his control. 

Are they building their very own Jonestown? He is buy up properties, to keep the kidults close by and under his control. 

Maybe he is planning some sort of tourist attraction or destination resort. :my_confused:

Okay, here's the transfer info, with deed, and it's not such a recent acquisition. Purchase date is 9/5/14, if I'm reading this correctly.

Hidden Content

Deed here: https://www.actdatascout.com/CountyHome/PdfViewer?Document=2014_00025915.pdf&Container=33 Why would JB buy this boring, unimproved parcel. At first glance I thought the houses on the southeast corner were included, but clearly they aren't. Did he really pay $400K for that? Oh, Jim Bob.

Quoting myself to clarify that it looks like $400K was for both parcels just south of the TTH. Searching either one at http://co.washington.ar.us/index.aspx?page=648 gives the same deed. It seems like that would make record keeping complicated, but whatevs.

$400k seems like a great price for two parcels. That would not get you much where I live. Perhaps he's  aiming for a Kennedyesque compound.  Nothing wrong with having everyone close. Yeah. Keep everyone close, JB.

Great thread, @halcionne.  You rock.

$400k seems like a great price for two parcels. That would not get you much where I live. Perhaps he's  aiming for a Kennedyesque compound.  Nothing wrong with having everyone close. Yeah. Keep everyone close, JB.

Hyannis Part 2

Great thread, @halcionne.  You rock.

OK I can't read the damn thing.  How many acres did he get?  Land prices vary so much but 1k an acre is pretty average unless it is prime farm land.

Duggarland

Jesusland?

Jesusland?

Many Blessings Park

We put the FUN back into Fundamentalism.

Attractions:

• The Tire Swing Merry-go-Round
  • The Reproductive Success Bumper Cars
  • The Abortion Horrors Haunted House
  • The Bible Thumper Roller Coaster

Daily Scheduled Performances

• Dressing the Littles (including the charming "baby can't find her shoe" sequence)
  • Clean music  by the Duggar orchestra with piano solo by Jana
  • Hymns by the 19 is Hardly Enough Choir
  • Lecture on Family Buliding By JimBob 
  • Lecture on Brotherhood by Josh
  • Lecture on Being a Good Wife by Michelle
  • Clean knock knock Jokes by the Lost Boys
  • Purity Lecture by Ben
  • Non-Dfrauding Fashion Show by Duggar Daughters
  • Group Prayer Fests allDay!

Eat authentic Duggar Food including the Tater-tot casserole at the No Table Is Big Enough Restaurant 

Enjoy shopping

Enjoy the Duggar Emporium of Buy Used and Save the Difference.

I don't see why this aspect of the Duggars (i.e., purposely keeping the adult kids on a tight leash) doesn't get more negative attention. They might preach "leave and cleave," but it's more like "family forever together...or else."

Buying up the parcels across the road from TTH is a smart move. Jim Bob is probably afraid of heathens, paparazzi, and the liberal media using telescopic lenses. His best bet would be to buy all the property along the length their road. If the road doesn't grant easement to other property owners or roads, perhaps he could petition to privatize it.. I wonder how he'll combat drones. 

There are 2 compounds in southern Utah like this and not polygamists. One is for the people that are owners in WWASP schools. That compound scares me so much I drive a few miles out of my way not to see it. Jim Bob would be too cheap to make it a true compound with walls, gates and security. I think he just wants people not to be able to stand anywhere closeby and take pictures in front of his house.

There are 2 compounds in southern Utah like this and not polygamists. One is for the people that are owners in WWASP schools. That compound scares me so much I drive a few miles out of my way not to see it. Jim Bob would be too cheap to make it a true compound with walls, gates and security. I think he just wants people not to be able to stand anywhere closeby and take pictures in front of his house.

Well, he's very cheap, but he also seems to attract interns and lawn boys.  It's not a stretch to imagine future potential Duggar-courters using manual labor to get closer to the bevy of virgins JB still has at home under lock and key. 

My childhood home was on a 1 acre block of land, in an outer suburb of the city I live in.  My dad's dream was to build four more homes - not to keep us close, but so my three brothers and I could all afford to own our own houses.  Living with my three brothers growing up was bad enough, no way would I have wanted to live next to them as adults.  One of them did build his own home on the block, but the rest of us moved away.  Education and good jobs gives you the option to be independent.  It will be interesting to see how many Duggerlings, who don't have either of these advantages, end up living on the compound.  

I don't see why this aspect of the Duggars (i.e., purposely keeping the adult kids on a tight leash) doesn't get more negative attention. They might preach "leave and cleave," but it's more like "family forever together...or else."

Now with the scandals, I suspect JB wants both a tight leash and privacy.   He's learned that he can't trust Josh not to be forthcoming in anything, this is probably his worst nightmare: having no control over his kids and trusting they are toeing the line.   And there's the negative publicity.  Josh blew the family's main income, their financial security, their brand and their reputation out of the water.   I think JB is literally circling the wagons around his family but the big question still remains: how will he continue to support all those kids, and their eventual spouses / families?

OK I can't read the damn thing.  How many acres did he get?  Land prices vary so much but 1k an acre is pretty average unless it is prime farm land.

57.5 acres

Archived