IGNORED

Bill Gothard spewing fresh bullshit wtf

love2scrap

From his facebook page:

On Sunday morning, August 23, 2015, I was given the opportunity to present to a church in Wisconsin the powerful truths which God graciously taught me during the past 18 months of day and night meditation. 

After the first hour of speaking there was a 5 minute break for those that wanted to leave. The pastor was amazed that no one left. The overflow crowd listened attentively for a second hour and then 60 leadership people stayed on for a third hour of questions and answers. 

Pastor Olsen has stated that in his 17 years of ministry at his church he has never seen such excitement about actually carrying out God's way of life.

On Thursday evening, October 8, 2015, God brought together over 40 leaders representing 4 nations and 4 significant professions for a 3 day conference. The same material that was given at Pastor Olsen's church was presented to them. 

The first woman senator of a nation of 90 million people was at this conference with her husband. She reported that the prime minister of her nation had just sent her an urgent appeal to return and help them during a time of crisis. She stated, "The truths that I have just heard are exactly what my nation needs and must hear, and I am dedicated to make sure that this happens."

The recently retired vice president of world sales in 147 nations for IBM stood and said, "I have never heard the truths that have been presented today. They have transformed my life. Every person in the world must hear these truths."

A doctor with thousands of patients that come for treatment from America and many other nations declared, "All my patients must hear this information. It will resolve their stresses and produce lasting healing!"

The senior pastor of a 6000 member church with a television ministry stated, "Every member of my church and ministry should hear this message and I intend to give it to them."

The life-changing truths created a one-accord power and fellowship in the entire group. Every man was trained and equipped to share this seminar from his own experiences in accordance with 2 Timothy 2:2, "The things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."

There was such a joyful fellowship among every person in the group that an unexpected and spontaneous initiative spread among them to provide funds to make sure that this message reaches the world. One man wrote a check for $20,000!

The next step is to bring in thousands of leaders and equip them to effectively communicate this "new seminar" to the world. Please pray for the Lord's guidance in this endeavor. 

Bill

The comment section identifies the "first woman senator" as coming from Ethiopia. I looked it up, it appears to be one Marta Gabre-Tsadick. Can anyone verify this info and that she was actually in the US this august?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you use the definition of fellowship that Warren Jeffs uses, this gets much more interesting. 

Marta Gabre-Tsadick is well known.  Yes, she was a Senator under Haile Selassie I back in the 60s/70's.  She runs/ran Project Mercy and wrote the book "Sheltered by the King."  Project Mercy has done good work in the past, but I don't keep up with all it does.   Marta must be quite old these days - possibly pushing 80?  Perhaps it is true that the prime minister has asked her to return?

I thought that Marta was US based, so her being in the US in August wouldn't be surprising.  I'm fairly sure she had refugee status in the US after she fled the revolution, but that is ancient history.  I shudder to think that she is associated with Bill Gothard.  I was not aware that she was Evangelical or Fundie.  I thought she was Ethiopian Orthodox Christian, but I may be wrong.

What I want to know is:  at which church in Wisconsin was the disgraced Bill Gothard presenting in August?  I also don't trust BG's bloviating and self-aggrandizing reporting of any event.

Project Mercy still checks out clean on the Charity Navigator.  http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=5236#.VjFzvMuFNjo

If this is the church, the names of their ministries read like FJ post count titles.

Handmaidens for Jesus and Sisterhood of Grace are my faves!

Ha! Classic Gothard - make shit up and hope people are stupid enough to believe it. Never fails to disappoint! :pb_rollseyes:

My guess it was this church.  Olsen, that spelling anyway, isn't common in Wisconsin for pastors per Google.  Most were Lutheran churches so I didn't even look.  This one oddly has no services listed on the 23rd http://gracechurchlife.squarespace.com/calendar/?view=calendar&month=August-2015

Thanks.  I'll look into it some more.  I'll try a couple of expat Ethiopian sources too.  It may just have been a big interdenominational and international NGO event that BG glommed on to ...

I feel like this is a fundamentalist's wet dream. Notice he never says what was so life changing about his sermon. 40 leaders from 4 whole nations? 3 significant professions? I feel like this is the set up for a joke. A senator, a businessman and a doctor walk into a bar that served only grape juice....

There's no evidence that this church is in Wisconsin, but good sleuthing! I found another possible match; http://jumpriverccc.com/pastor-joey/ also nothing unusual about service on August 23. But there IS a "minister's meeting" on the calendar for October 8 when there was that "coming together of leaders". I'm Canadian, and as we just had a federal election and elected a new Prime Minister, I do wonder if new PM or old PM were there? No search evidence has come up yet. Keep watching the news to see which "big leader" really takes this info to heart and spreads it around. Because once it's spread around, well, the truth will speak for itself.

Keep on with the research........:my_lightbulb:

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no inside information.

However: I would bet good money on nearly all of it being lies. And, dang, it sounds just exactly like BG's stuff has always sounded. Makes me angry ANGRY. The arrogance. And the dishonesty.

I guess somehow, some way, he is still successful at fooling some people.

Makes me feel physically ill.

There's no evidence that this church is in Wisconsin, but good sleuthing! I found another possible match; http://jumpriverccc.com/pastor-joey/ also nothing unusual about service on August 23. But there IS a "minister's meeting" on the calendar for October 8 when there was that "coming together of leaders". I'm Canadian, and as we just had a federal election and elected a new Prime Minister, I do wonder if new PM or old PM were there? No search evidence has come up yet. Keep watching the news to see which "big leader" really takes this info to heart and spreads it around. Because once it's spread around, well, the truth will speak for itself.

Keep on with the research........:my_lightbulb:

That church has a ministers meeting the first Thursday of every month it seems.  That's also not very fundie, the pastor's wife works, plus he has a real education and went to Assemblies of God seminary for his Masters of divinity. 

I don't know which is more disturbing: his self-agrandizement or the people who believe and act on what he says.

It reads a bit like copy writing for a sales pitch. Would just need to add:

(fake sales pitch)
My dear friends their Revelations, their Understanding, and their Joy in the word of God can be yours! Both hours of my presentation are available to you so that you might share Him with your family and your church! 

Now you would think that messages this Vital to You, your Family, and your Community would cost hundreds. But no, Brothers and Sisters, I have been called on by God to spread his Word to everyone so that they might know Him and hear the message of God's plan for their life. With this calling in my heart, I'm am purposed to give your these sessions for just 49.97!

And because I don't want you to miss out on even a minute of God's wisdom, I'm including the question and answer session as a free gift to you. 

Act now Friends! A limited number of CDs were recorded. Get yours before they are gone!
(/end fake sales pitch)

Yep, could easily tack that on, sell the sessions, make some money to cover the lawsuit and get some new followers to prop up his popularity. I think he sells copies of the main 3 day conference he gives to new fundies, so I'm really surprised he isn't selling all his talks. 

$5 says that ^^ shows up in the next message from GotHard. I'm talking fully plagiarized and everything. 

I only just realized reading this that I hate "truths" so much. It makes me feel real, actual rage inside. I'm not sure why. Maybe I just need to hear some of these truths and it will make me all better and I'll donate $20,000 too.

From his facebook page:

On Sunday morning, August 23, 2015, I was given the opportunity to present to a church in Wisconsin the powerful truths which God graciously taught me during the past 18 months of day and night meditation. 

After the first hour of speaking there was a 5 minute break for those that wanted to leave. The pastor was amazed that no one left. The overflow crowd listened attentively for a second hour and then 60 leadership people stayed on for a third hour of questions and answers. 

Pastor Olsen has stated that in his 17 years of ministry at his church he has never seen such excitement about actually carrying out God's way of life.

On Thursday evening, October 8, 2015, God brought together over 40 leaders representing 4 nations and 4 significant professions for a 3 day conference. The same material that was given at Pastor Olsen's church was presented to them. 

The first woman senator of a nation of 90 million people was at this conference with her husband. She reported that the prime minister of her nation had just sent her an urgent appeal to return and help them during a time of crisis. She stated, "The truths that I have just heard are exactly what my nation needs and must hear, and I am dedicated to make sure that this happens."

The recently retired vice president of world sales in 147 nations for IBM stood and said, "I have never heard the truths that have been presented today. They have transformed my life. Every person in the world must hear these truths."

A doctor with thousands of patients that come for treatment from America and many other nations declared, "All my patients must hear this information. It will resolve their stresses and produce lasting healing!"

The senior pastor of a 6000 member church with a television ministry stated, "Every member of my church and ministry should hear this message and I intend to give it to them."

The life-changing truths created a one-accord power and fellowship in the entire group. Every man was trained and equipped to share this seminar from his own experiences in accordance with 2 Timothy 2:2, "The things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."

There was such a joyful fellowship among every person in the group that an unexpected and spontaneous initiative spread among them to provide funds to make sure that this message reaches the world. One man wrote a check for $20,000!

The next step is to bring in thousands of leaders and equip them to effectively communicate this "new seminar" to the world. Please pray for the Lord's guidance in this endeavor. 

Bill

The comment section identifies the "first woman senator" as coming from Ethiopia. I looked it up, it appears to be one Marta Gabre-Tsadick. Can anyone verify this info and that she was actually in the US this august?

It seems she is based in the US running her charity, Project Mercy, which is incorporated in Indiana. Seeing as she's pretty busy with that and quite elderly, and seeing as I can't find any news in 2015 about her meeting with the current president of Ethiopia, I'm thinking that Gothard is just bullshitting. Also, while her organization is Christian-affiliated, it seems like they do not proselytize. Gothard just wants to masturbate to how awesome he is and pretend that the chickens aren't coming to roost after he spent years perverting the teachings of Jesus so he could molest teenage girls.

How do we know this is probably BS?

1. If true, all those very important and very impressed people would have told us about the wonderful message of BG instead of BG needing to tell us himself.

2. He so desperate that he doesn't want us to miss one little detail (1000 patients!) that could possibly add to his image of revolutionary prophet that will change the world.

3. If the message was so great, he would lose no time in telling us it's contents instead of telling us only about all the great people who like him.

However: I would bet good money on nearly all of it being lies. And, dang, it sounds just exactly like BG's stuff has always sounded. Makes me angry ANGRY. The arrogance. And the dishonesty.

This is exactly what I thought when i read it. It sounds like all the exact same stuff that he has been saying for years. I doubt any of it happened except in his head. 

This is exactly what I thought when i read it. It sounds like all the exact same stuff that he has been saying for years. I doubt any of it happened except in his head. 

I feel like Ol' Billy G is kind of like Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream, where he has all these glittering fantasies of people turning up in droves to listen to him speak and to heap praise upon him, of getting to hobnob with politicians and VIPs who want nothing more than to hear his message, of massive churches filled to the rafters with people who adore him...and then the fantasy fades, and he's just a lonely shell of a man, sitting alone, looking over yet another subpoena from yet another girl who wouldn't keep quiet, watching the people who once hung on his every word drift away because now they know who he truly is.

1. If true, all those very important and very impressed people would have told us about the wonderful message of BG instead of BG needing to tell us himself.

2. He so desperate that he doesn't want us to miss one little detail (1000 patients!) that could possibly add to his image of revolutionary prophet that will change the world.

3. If the message was so great, he would lose no time in telling us it's contents instead of telling us only about all the great people who like him.

While reading the testimonials, I said out loud to my cat "do people REALLY talk like that?" To which I think the answer is no, unless I'm running in the wrong circles.

The testimonials read like the ones you see in weight loss ads in magazines. "This product is one of the best I've seen! - doctor in Connecticut. Usually accompanies with a photo of a photogenic, white male doctor in scrubs and lab coat. Gothard's bloviating is extremely vague and unbelievable to all but the most desperate.

This one made me really angry too.   Bill Gothard trying to appropriate a legitimate NGO in Ethiopia, even in vague terms, to attempt his come-back made me see red.  Personal reasons.

I heard back from one of my sources.  He still has family in Yetebon, Ethiopia where Project Mercy is active and visits quite often.  So updates:

Marta Gabre-Tsadick and her husband Demeke Tekle-Wold (Deme) returned to Ethiopia about 15 years ago and have been working in Yetebon.  It is possible, but not at all probable, that she was back in the USA visiting the Indiana base in October when Gothard claims that she made that comment.  It is highly unlikely that she would ever fall for Gothard's schtick, in his opinion.  Anyway, why would the Prime Minister invite her back when she is already there?  I couldn't find any references on the Project Mercy Facebook to Marta being back in the US recently or at a conference with Gothard, but who knows.

He has not heard of any affiliation between Project Mercy and Gothard/IBLP.  I asked about religious affiliation and he said. "Evangelical, definitely.  Perhaps Lutheran, maybe interdenominational."  He doesn't know because they do not proselytize in a predominately Muslim and Ethiopian Orthodox area.  He may get back to me on that.

Project Mercy is on the level and their website reflects reality.  Their Annual Reports for the last 5 years are right on their website (Mike Schadt and SOS Ministries should take note.)  The buildings exist, the school, water project, hospital. orphanage and training programs are real.  He doesn't know who Glenn C. Olsen was or why the hospital and school are named after him, he is just glad they are there.  (By the way, the Grace Church and Pastor Olsen in Wisconsin linked above are affiliated with FCA - is Gothard reaching out to Pentecostals?)

I love, love, love this!  Well said, FF.  I totally agree.  

It's a sales pitch and he's definitely after the money and new-found (redeemed) fame.  I just won't do for him to slip quietly into retirement.  If he TRULY care about spreading the Gospel (which I think he does not), he would go to people on a personal level (NOT young women) and invest time and interest in them, as a mentor.  Even that, though, is a scary thought because I think of Gothard as a false prophet.  HE has an agenda (getting rich and famous) and he will twist the scriptures around in any way possible to further that agenda.

Billy Goatherd needs to spend a LOT of time in the gospels--especially Luke--reading the warnings Jesus gave about those who lead others into sin and about those seem good on the outside but are putrid on the inside.  His own "wisdom" is nothing but foolishness.

I love, love, love this!  Well said, FF.  I totally agree.  

It's a sales pitch and he's definitely after the money and new-found (redeemed) fame.  I just won't do for him to slip quietly into retirement.  If he TRULY care about spreading the Gospel (which I think he does not), he would go to people on a personal level (NOT young women) and invest time and interest in them, as a mentor.  Even that, though, is a scary thought because I think of Gothard as a false prophet.  HE has an agenda (getting rich and famous) and he will twist the scriptures around in any way possible to further that agenda.

Billy Goatherd needs to spend a LOT of time in the gospels--especially Luke--reading the warnings Jesus gave about those who lead others into sin and about those seem good on the outside but are putrid on the inside.  His own "wisdom" is nothing but foolishness.

agree. But first of all he could start sharing the truth he supposedly received from God with everyone for free. Throw the thing on line for goodness sakes. He says he receives these truths from God, for free. So why should he let others pay for them? He sells his seminars like weightloss pills. Except no one has tested them for effectiveness but himself.

Archived