IGNORED

If Your Wife Hates Sex, Don't Look At Her Face

Deist woman

On 2/25/2016 at 8:27 AM, SweetFellowshipper said:

Oh my god oh my god OH MY GOD. That quote. THAT QUOTE. (The hidden one from Biblical Personhood).

I need a drink.

That quote is from Doug Wilson; Biblical Personhood is arguing against it. It's from Wilson's book, Fidelity, which incidentally he discourages women from reading. Wonder why.

On 2/25/2016 at 0:09 PM, Othello said:

I understand that everyone is different, but at least in my (admittedly not extensive) experience, all it really takes is not being entirely selfish, spending time on the other person, figuring out what you can do for someone else rather than simply yourself. Can it really be that hard! Like, don't be a complete asshole, and you'll both be doing great. 

Exactly. It really points up how many assholes are drawn to (or happy to remain in) patriarchy.

On 2/29/2016 at 5:54 AM, Buzzard said:

What I dont get is the complete denial of a woman's sex drive.  What happens if she's into it and he isnt? Is she allowed to initiate or is acknowledging your own desires a sin?  

What. That obviously never happens. That's just ridiculous. Everyone knows that men's sex drives WITHOUT EXCEPTION are stronger than women's sex drives WITHOUT EXCEPTION. That's why it matters so much what women wear but men don't have to worry about choosing the right things to wear so women don't lust after them. Women just don't think about that stuff.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several times a year, I can't resist the urge to check in with BGR to see what the new dish on his menu of crazy is.  I don't know why I do this, because it always raises my blood pressure and turns my stomach.  I guess I consider it a necessity to remind myself that people like this exist, and they walk among us.  

The Crazy du Jour yesterday was "Does the Bible Allow a Man to Spank His Wife", and the article was based on a letter he received from a young woman asking for advice (God have mercy on her).  The precipitating event was the husband's ire that she wanted to have a break from childbearing after having five children in their six year marriage, and the situation involves the Quiverful lifestyle which FJ loves to abhor.  BGR did not disappoint.  His imparted wisdom tipped me into a froth of rage within minutes.  If anyone else is interested in seeing what this empty foreskin of a man has to say, here's the link.  Enjoy!

https://biblicalgenderroles

(link broken)       .com/2016/09/20/does-the-bible-allow-a-husband-to-spank-his-wife/

I call this confronting of wrong by husbands toward their wives discipline. Why do I call it discipline? Because that is exactly what it is.  It is one thing for equals to confront wrong doing in each other. If you tell your friend you think they are wrong that is not discipline – it might be rebuke or it might be correction but it is not discipline.   But when a manager tells his employee they are wrong, or a parent tells their child they are wrong and yes even when a husband corrects or rebukes his wife this is also a form of discipline.

it's clear enough: the wife is a hierarchically lower being, she isn't equal, she's a subordinate so feel free to spank her to discipline her when she misbehaves. And refusing to get pregnant for the seventh time in as many years is definitely misbehaviour! 

I hate this man.

Btw I call bullshit on the many email he claims to receive and on this one in particular. It's a bit too convenient. Imho he is just trying to be as controversial and annoying as possible hoping that someone will pick up his shit and that it will go viral. Basically he has the same life goals of Lori.

Lori Anderson has posted about spanking as well....it always makes me wonder how truly sado-masochistic these people are.  And if they'd ever ever evah, admit to it.  (ok we all know they wouldn't)  

When it comes down to submission, there are aspects of it that I understand (comprehend not necessarily agree with).  If you live in a familial role of provider and provided for--I understand that the ones being provided for would show a measure of gratitude in their actions, i.e., keeping nice the place provided, or not being wasteful.  The aspect of it that I don't understand is the discipline, "I am your master" feel of it all.  

If a person wants to cook, clean, raise babies, and bring the spouse the paper at the end of the day, so be it.  The moment the spouse begins to lord over and make demands of the one who is more subordinate, it becomes a dictatorship, not a give and take.  Why the need to punish or discipline a person who not only has free will and understanding, but is past the age of reason by many many years?  It makes me wonder what happens in the Christian structure that causes the males to have either the insecurity to need that domination or blown ego that results in it.  I know that most of it is passed down, sons see how dad treats mom and keep the flame alive...but it has to originate somewhere...those who are not born into the path...what the hell makes it so appealing?? 

Archived