IGNORED

Hockey Fans!

SportsgalAnnie

So Who all here is a NHL Fan?

GO PREDS?

Anyone met any of their teams players?

Me! I'm a serious Blackhawks fan! :my_biggrin:! Although let's be honest here, I will watch pretty much anything when it comes to hockey. I love it all! 

When I was a kid, I used to play soccer with Owen Nolan's daughter.  And Kyle McLaren sent his two daughters to my elementary school, though they were many years younger than me.  I remember the school saying we weren't allowed to bother him for autographs and such when he dropped them off in the morning, as he used to walk them all the way to their classrooms. 

The Boy is, although he took a detour this fall into watching baseball.

His belief seems to be "I believe with perfect faith in the coming back of the Stanley Cup to the Maple Leafs, though it may tarry, and I will wait yearly for its coming..."*  Personally, I think that belief is just as realistic, or operating on the same timetable, as my rabbi's belief in the coming of the Messiah.

*I'm referring to #12 of Maimonaides' Thirteen Principles of Faith:   "12. I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the Messiah, and, though he tarry, I will wait daily for his coming."  Maybe it's because The Boy plays with rabbis' kids on a Jewish hockey team, but I see a resemblance between the faiths.

The Boy is, although he took a detour this fall into watching baseball.

His belief seems to be "I believe with perfect faith in the coming back of the Stanley Cup to the Maple Leafs, though it may tarry, and I will wait yearly for its coming..."*  Personally, I think that belief is just as realistic, or operating on the same timetable, as my rabbi's belief in the coming of the Messiah.

*I'm referring to #12 of Maimonaides' Thirteen Principles of Faith:   "12. I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the Messiah, and, though he tarry, I will wait daily for his coming."  Maybe it's because The Boy plays with rabbis' kids on a Jewish hockey team, but I see a resemblance between the faiths.

The Leafs get such good jokes attributed to them and their fans are so rabid in a way that it's funny. Like, when I die I want the Toronto Maple Leafs to be my pallbearers so that they can let me down one last time! :D 

Yay more fans!  I love reading Hockey stories 

I've met pretty much all the players on the Preds. James Neal, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm and Victor Bartley know who I am. James tossed me a puck last Saturday, but some person knocked me out of the way. James mouthed I'm sorry but I go to practice alot so I'm sure I'll get one sooner or later. Ekholm LOVES it here and may just move here soon. :) 

I'm a complete & total Habs fan, despite living across the country from Montreal lol. :) I've never met anyone on the team, but I have met Trevor Linden (former Canuck) a couple of times. I go to the gym he has here and once he was handing out oranges & waters to everyone, and once he was opening a new location - I was already signed up, I just wanted to get an autograph for my little brother :P 

I love Hockey! Hopefully I will become a hockey mom in the next few years as my little boy seems to love watching fast sports.

Over the years I have had a few favourite teams but have now settled on cheering for our sad home team, the Oilers. They have a promising future with their young talent but I would love to see Taylor Hall get traded. He is so smug!

Once upon a time ago the Oilers had a dynasty. I was a young elementary student then and the players would often attend schools in the city as volunteers. My favourite day was Phys Ed with the Great One, Wayne Gretzky. We played basketball with him and he gave us each an autograph. Kelly Buchberger was another great volunteer. He read us a book and took Polaroids with each of us. I remember him picking me up and holding me over his head because I was so tiny then. I don't know if the current roster would do anything like that for the community these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following the Blues off and on over the past few years since my sister and brother in law live in St. Louis.  I'm going down to see them next month and suggested going to a Blues game since they'll be playing at home when I visit and I haven't been to one of their games yet.

Huge hockey fan here! Been going to Caps game for about 25 years...glutton for punishment, lol. Hubby and I are planning a trip to Nashville and hope to take in a Preds game -- I don't care who they are playing...just think it would be fun to go.

On 11/13/2015 at 11:39 AM, LizzieD70 said:

Huge hockey fan here! Been going to Caps game for about 25 years...glutton for punishment, lol. Hubby and I are planning a trip to Nashville and hope to take in a Preds game -- I don't care who they are playing...just think it would be fun to go.

We visit Nashville on a regular basis (ran into Pekka Rinne once) and try to attend a Preds game when we can.  Good to know there are other fans here.

Oh yeah! I have about 5 that know me :)  Forsberg, Ekholm. Jones, Josi, Neal and Bartley... oh and Weber

Am I allowed to brag about how good the Canadiens are doing right now!? :P

til they play the preds 

HOLY GUACAMOLE Filip Forsberg told me tonight He knows who I am and looks for me at games:my_cool:

til they play the preds 

HOLY GUACAMOLE Filip Forsberg told me tonight He knows who I am and looks for me at games:my_cool:

Awesome! I bet that made your night!

Awesome! I bet that made your night!

Yeah a few other ones do but haven't flat out said it like Fil did (Josi, Ekholm, Jones and Neal )

til they play the preds 

Challenge accepted. ;)

Btw: Awesome that you got to see the players at the game. Did he spot you like he said he would?

Challenge accepted. ;)

Btw: Awesome that you got to see the players at the game. Did he spot you like he said he would?

Seth always gives me a stick tap on the glass, Matty smiles/hits glass, Filip gives me a cute little grin same with Roman :)  during preskate, especially  Neal He has seen me get elbowed in the ribs twice p bang the glass infront of at the bratty kid doing it ( different one each time) point to me and shake his head no and mouth stop. Then he gives me a grin, he always stops infront and gives me a grin though with or without a snooty kiddo near me.

hockey :P ?

HOCKEY_ARGENTINA_PAKISTAN.jpg

Nearly a decade ago I went backpacking in a few places in Europe. The first place I ended up was in the Netherlands and I was lucky enough to stay with a family (whom I have never met) of friend of mine. The mom is a doctor and had 2 young teenaged children learning English so they thought it would be a good opportunity for them to have a Canadian visitor. On the second night, the mom asked me if I wanted to go and watch her daughter play recrecrational hockey at her school. I excitedly said yes, and boy was I surprised! I assumed ice hockey but it certainly turned out to be field hockey. Nobody ever thought to specify as it's always assumed to be ice hockey at home. It was still really fun to watch and I still would have said yes to watching her game if I had known.

It is quite popular here too, (hockey(and ice hockey too),) tennis clubs often have hockey clubs integrated too, like mine which is a tennis, hockey and cricket club ;)

Seth always gives me a stick tap on the glass, Matty smiles/hits glass, Filip gives me a cute little grin same with Roman :)  during preskate, especially  Neal He has seen me get elbowed in the ribs twice p bang the glass infront of at the bratty kid doing it ( different one each time) point to me and shake his head no and mouth stop. Then he gives me a grin, he always stops infront and gives me a grin though with or without a snooty kiddo near me.

You must be a season ticket holder with amazing seats! At the bench? I'm still on the lottery list for a chance to be a season ticket holder someday in the future. We have friends that just got in and have pretty horrible seats this year. Over time they will get better.  How much is an average seat in your city? I usually pay around $100 each for a upper level seat. I have paid as much as $380 per ticket for good seats on special occasions. This season my husband and I will be taking our son this his first hockey game and I'm super excited. His hearing protection just arrived. You would be happy to know, it's most likely going to be a game against the Predators... But we won't be cheering for them. 

no I just go to preskate and the open practices. the guys know me from that I'm in the nosebleeds if I even get to go. 

One of the Swedes (jarnkrok) gave me a puck today :) 

hockey :P ?

HOCKEY_ARGENTINA_PAKISTAN.jpg

No. Ice hockey = best hockey. ;);)

All jokes aside, I actually know a lot of guys who play what we call ''hockey bottine'' (or boots hockey) during the summer. It's not on grass though. It's basically street hockey. Kids play it in the streets, or on asphalt rink. And adults too. I have friends that play friendly games in the summer. I guess it's not so different from field hockey. The only thing is that people use their ice hockey equipment instead of those little clubs.

No. Ice hockey = best hockey. ;);)

All jokes aside, I actually know a lot of guys who play what we call ''hockey bottine'' (or boots hockey) during the summer. It's not on grass though. It's basically street hockey. Kids play it in the streets, or on asphalt rink. And adults too. I have friends that play friendly games in the summer. I guess it's not so different from field hockey. The only thing is that people use their ice hockey equipment instead of those little clubs.

We just call that "Street Hockey" here. It's the best part about summer.  

Archived