IGNORED

The Christian Persecution Complex

roddma

The Columbine story has been debunked, but only to people who care more about the truth than a story of martyrdom.  The minute I heard someone had said the recent shooter in Oregon asked people's religions, I knew that would be the story from then on... and despite witnesses saying that is not what happened, it is still the story. 

That's sickening. I was a senior in high school when Columbine happened. It was innocence lost for my generation and for people to now be making it something it wasn't is shitty.

not to mention they are going to put a huge target on the school or heavens forbid the theatre. 

Did some research on her family, her mother has been making alot of Moolah off her Daughter's journal being published. 

They have gone to far now....

Coming soon to the big screen, hopefully not near you, I'm not ashamed: The TRUE story of  Rachel Joy Scott. Who was gunned down by the shooters of The Columbine massacre... you guessed it.

She was targeted for her faith... 

:lost:  

As a resident of CO and one who remembers this tragedy unfolding in real time, I am livid. Anyone who has read the police reports or searches the internet knows that Rachel was never spoken to by either gunman especially asked about her God/faith. Wanna know something even more sickening? It comes out on the 16th anniversary.:56247904e3b6a_ConanONoes:

How utterly disrespectful to the victims of Columbine. I heard that they did the same thing with Cassie Bernall, where there were books upon books about how she was this amazing Christian martyr, when witness accounts indicate that while she was silently praying while hiding under a table, she did not interact with the gunmen at all. Sickening how these people use these teenagers as props for their own agenda.

It's just so fucking typical. Anything to make a dollar, even if it's exploiting your own child's death. I'd almost prefer if they just kept blaming Marilyn Manson. At least that would be genuine, since that's what they were saying in the first place.

My take on this, is that some Christians feel that have to look for anything in their lives to label 'persecution' so they feel - I don't know - more holy or godly.  Pastors tell you about real persecution believers elsewhere in the world feel and I suspect to some - deep down - there is that urge to be able to say 'look, I'm persecuted, too!'  

I gotta blame Paul for this even though, as a rule, I'm a fan. The thing was he was writing to people suffering real persecutions as in lions in the arena, jailings, beheadings, and crucifixion. He was just being factual when he said that if you are a Christian you will suffer persecution. Some, maybe even most, Christians have taken that to mean that Paul was saying that this was for all Christians for all time, so if you're not suffering persecution, you're doin' it wrong. So, they have to call it persecution in order to be qualified as True Christians.

It's just so fucking typical. Anything to make a dollar, even if it's exploiting your own child's death. I'd almost prefer if they just kept blaming Marilyn Manson. At least that would be genuine, since that's what they were saying in the first place.

I think they picked Marilyn Manson because he was an easy target - he wears black and writes songs about darker aspects of life. Never mind the fact that the shooters don't appear to have been fans or used him as justification for what they did. Mason is different and different is bad so he must be to blame - total bullshit and completely unfair to blame someone who had nothing to do with it.

Personally, I think they wanted to find someone to blame because they couldn't bring themselves to accept the fact that sometimes there are no good reasons these things happen. And I think they cling to the idea that their children died for their faith because, again, it provides a reason why it happened - as Marilyn Manson stated once, people don't like chaos. They like reason and reasonable explanations. And their child becoming a martyr provides hope that they went to Heaven and will be reunited with their families one day. It's a way for broken hearted families to try and soothe themselves; and while I don't agree with them and don't think their version of events are accurate, I also can't fault them for clinging to their belief so tightly.

For anyone interested, Manson actually wrote a very interesting article for "Rolling Stone" back in 1999 where he talked about these specific issues relating to Columbine.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/columbine-whose-fault-is-it-19990624

Oh, I didn't mean that it was Manson's fault in any way. It was bs then, and it would be bs now. I just meant that I'd prefer them blaming the scary musician to this whole making martyrs out of teenagers thing.

Oh, I didn't mean that it was Manson's fault in any way. It was bs then, and it would be bs now. I just meant that I'd prefer them blaming the scary musician to this whole making martyrs out of teenagers thing.

Lol! I completely understood that. I was just kind of ranting on his behalf because I think it was so unfair that the media/families focused on blaming him.

My school banned trench coats. No matter that some of the sweetest kids in that school wore trench coats (and one who was such a huge asshole that I owe him a kick to the groin on my sister's behalf). My 13 yo wanted a trench coat, so I bought it for him. Now he gets followed around when we're in stores here. I think the trench coat blaming outlasted the music blaming. I'm just glad I'm homeschooling him so he can express himself freely.

Lol! I completely understood that. I was just kind of ranting on his behalf because I think it was so unfair that the media/families focused on blaming him.

I completely agree with you defending him he even cancelled his concerts out of respect for the victims but yet the NRA gun show showed up right on time even with the families asking them not to.

How utterly disrespectful to the victims of Columbine. I heard that they did the same thing with Cassie Bernall, where there were books upon books about how she was this amazing Christian martyr, when witness accounts indicate that while she was silently praying while hiding under a table, she did not interact with the gunmen at all. Sickening how these people use these teenagers as props for their own agenda.

Yes it really is, also the fact that the real person who is asked about her fake actually survived was not killed by either of them. She was silenced and threatened Val Schneer, because Cassies book was out allready and as Bioshock Infinite's Daisy Fitzroy would say: She just complicated  the narrative.

I completely agree with you defending him he even cancelled his concerts out of respect for the victims but yet the NRA gun show showed up right on time even with the families asking them not to.

Yes it really is, also the fact that the real person who is asked about her fake actually survived was not killed by either of them. She was silenced and threatened Val Schneer, because Cassies book was out allready and as Bioshock Infinite's Daisy Fitzroy would say: She just complicated  the narrative.

I think I read about the girl who saw Cassie die. She knew what had happened and said to several people "hey, this story they keep telling isn't what happened, it's now how things went down, I was literally three feet away from her when she was shot", and they just told her to shut up and let the martyr story be, I think partially to give the mother closure, which is a somewhat legit reason, though I still find it a bit disingenuous that there are all these books about something that simply didn't happen being peddled as fact.

I remember a couple years ago Rowan Williams - the former Arcbhishop of Canterbury - said that he thought Christians in the UK and the US who complained about feeling persecuted needed to grow up.

"When you've had any contact with real persecuted minorities you learn to use the word very chastely," he said. "Persecution is not being made to feel mildly uncomfortable. 'For goodness sake, grow up,' I want to say."

True persecution was "systematic brutality and often murderous hostility that means that every morning you wonder if you and your children are going to live through the day". He cited the experience of a woman he met in India "who had seen her husband butchered by a mob".

theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/aug/15/rowan-williams-persecuted-christians-grow-up 

Archived