IGNORED

"Give Me Sex Jesus" Film

sophie10130

Has anyone seen the documentary Give Me Sex JesusAs someone who grew up steeped in this culture, I'm more than a little nervous that this movie will hit a little too close to home.

You can watch it on their website http://givemesexjesus.com/

I was sort of surprised that I haven't seen any mention of it on FJ. If it's already being discussed let me know! And mods feel free to delete.

I've seen the trailer but I haven't been able to track down the actual documentary. I too feel as though it might be a little "too real" as I like to say.

ETA just noticed they finally added a streaming link to the website. Guess I need to pull out the popcorn.

I've seen the trailer but I haven't been able to track down the actual documentary. I too feel as though it might be a little "too real" as I like to say.

You can watch it from the website I posted and I think it's also on youtube. I think I'll watch it this weekend.

it was pretty interesting. had one couple that made it all the way seemed to be happy. gay people talking about who they struggled with the whole thing. how the purity movement was really a white thing.  how the bible has an instruction manual on how to have great sex and I am thinking what part??

it was pretty interesting. had one couple that made it all the way seemed to be happy. gay people talking about who they struggled with the whole thing. how the purity movement was really a white thing.  how the bible has an instruction manual on how to have great sex and I am thinking what part??

maybe song of solomon??

i waited until I was married because I knew there was a good chance I'd feel guilty about it even though I didn't want to be, and I didn't want it to be a dark spot on my relationship. I am super sex positive, and really wish I could have been raised with that perspective instead of raised to see my body as inherently dirty and sinful.

I'm about 12 minutes in (I won't be able to finish it tonight,  gotta go to bed sometime). So far, I'm a little skeeved out by Patrick. But it includes that hilariously bizarre "Purity Bear" video that wis discussed on FJ a while back! 

Finally watched it today. I appreciate how honest the interviewees were. I kind of wished it had taken a stronger stance though, it seemed kind of...flat at the end.

I just started watching and a few seconds in, I can't even get over the production company's name: Side Hug Films! Are you kidding me? This is gonna be fun! :popcorn:

I just started watching and a few seconds in, I can't even get over the production company's name: Side Hug Films! Are you kidding me? This is gonna be fun! :popcorn:

yes caught that too.

Archived