IGNORED

Prophet's Prey is airing on Showtime channels

lilwriter85

I stumbled onto Prophet's Prey, the FLDS documentary a few nights ago on Showtime. It almost finished when I stumbled onto it. It's airing tonight on Showtime East at 8:15 est. 

I have been on another FLDS kick lately. I am assuming this is based on the Sam Brower book by the same name. I found the movie a little dull. I am about 30 min in and decided to finish up season 2 of Dominion instead, so I have some hope of moving on the the Strain. Either the movie is dull or I am FLDS'ed out.

I just finished a Canadian reporter's book on the the Blackmores in Canada. There was a good bit of it without a mention of a Jeffs prophet, so that was nice.

I have been on another FLDS kick lately. I am assuming this is based on the Sam Brower book by the same name. I found the movie a little dull. I am about 30 min in and decided to finish up season 2 of Dominion instead, so I have some hope of moving on the the Strain. Either the movie is dull or I am FLDS'ed out.

I just finished a Canadian reporter's book on the the Blackmores in Canada. There was a good bit of it without a mention of a Jeffs prophet, so that was nice.

I watched it the other night! 

Sam Brower is in the movie and so is John Krakauer who wrote "Under the Banner of Heaven"

I've watched quite a few (maybe all I can get my hands on?) FLDS docs and read a couple books, and still there were things that this movie cleared up for me. Somehow I missed that the Yearning for Zion Ranch was owned by the Jeffs and the Short Creek/Hilldale/Colorado City folks. Not sure how that happened.

The documentary wasn't super eye opening or anything, and they seemed to place the blame solely on Warren Jeffs and not the horrible polygamist lifestyle as a whole, but I was glad that it caught me up on what Warren Jeffs has been doing since he was arrested. Super creepy.

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched "Prophet's Prey" last night. Ugh, I cannot stop thinking about it. It was so disturbing and disgusting I felt like vomiting. Just the sound of Warren Jeffs voice made my skin crawl. I think that most of the the people the flds are beyond help. 

Archived