IGNORED

Negligence Lawsuit Filed Against IBLP

love2scrap

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope someone in the media connects this with the Bates family.  I think they're more dangerous than the Duggars because they come across as more normal and fun to be around.  It's different though because they aren't as well known as the Duggars, so will anyone in the media really care? Imo Gil deserves the full Josh Duggar scandal media onslaught for looking the other way while all these women were being victimized.

I hope someone in the media connects this with the Bates family.  I think they're more dangerous than the Duggars because they come across as more normal and fun to be around.  It's different though because they aren't as well known as the Duggars, so will anyone in the media really care? Imo Gil deserves the full Josh Duggar scandal media onslaught for looking the other way while all these women were being victimized.

Well, that's just the thing - why should most people care about the Bates family?  The only way I can get my husband interested in this stuff (he is so sick of the Duggars et al) is to draw the links between people holding elective office - Webster in Florida! - and this dangerous cult and others like it.    Then I think people are more interested.

I was surprised (and pleased)  at how the Duggars - due in part to Josh's FRC connection and the family's very public forays into politics - seeped into the general discussion this past year:  mainstream news, cable news (ala Fox and CNN), Saturday Night Live, late night talk shows, Comedy Central (I think Colbert in his old show had a little schick about the Duggars).   So maybe the same thing will happen with the Bates Family.   Less of a chance, imo, since they don't have those other connections. 

I really hope that elected representatives who have ties to this crap are exposed. I haven't seen the articles everyone has been posting here anywhere else. I want this to pick up more. I want country-wide outrage that we have such people in office. And an end to Tea Party power. 

Is that too much to hope for?

I am so glad glad that the mainstream Washington Post story mentions Daniel Webster.   Although Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin,  has now agreed to take the speaker job, Daniel Webster was seriously mentioned as a candidate for speaker, and was being promoted by the "Freedom Caucus" (tea party people - gah).    

I firmly believe in religious freedom  although I do get very concerned when religious beliefs so adversely affect women and childre - -  but when these people get into positions of power in our (supposedly secular) government, I become VERY concerned.     I think people like Daniel Webster are very dangerous, especially when (not all of)  the people who voted for him know the entire background of this cult-like organization their congressman so enthusiastically supports!  

I think Paul Ryan is as bad as Taliban Dan Webster.

Julie Anne over at the Spiritual Sounding Board has a new post up about this if you are interested.  She's interviewed Gibbs III about the case and also asked for an update on Lourdes.  No real news.  I really like and respect Julie Anne, but she is not an investigative journalist and I wish she had pushed him harder.

I'm sorry, but Gibbs III sounds very disingenuous when he claims that he is being confused with his father.  Nope.  It was III, not Jr, who represented Chuck Phelps in the Anderson case, the Roloff Homes case, and is still representing Old Schoolhouse, I think.   No confusion there.  Those cases are not pretty and he is not representing victims in them.  I get that everyone needs representation, however loathsome, and that he was just doing his job.  He has supposedly turned over a new leaf though in his commitment to victims.

I'd also like to know when and how many times he has represented victims and won.  I understand that settling out of court is not a bad thing - actually it is common practice and 9 out of 10 times probably the best outcome for the plaintiff.  I also understand that confidentiality agreements about settlements are just that, and that he can't break lawyer/client confidentiality.  But surely, if he has represented lots of clients who were victimized and won he could name a couple!   As far as we know, Lourdes and the IBLP women are the first time he has represented victims since he left CLA and Daddy.

Still, as he has taken the cases, I sincerely hope he does well.  I will be watching, however, and I'm sure many others will be too.  These are both high profile cases and he'd better not mess them up.  He has quite a reputation to live down. 

And every chance I get, I am going to comment on these articles (already did on Washington Post) that we've got ELECTED OFFICIALS on the FEDERAL level ...like Webster in Florida ...(who was seriously being discussed for SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE)  who are involved with this disgusting cult.   

And that is what is so seriously scary for those of us who do not have a vote in US elections - these candidates with a covert religious agenda. And if you live in the "west" and do not believe that US policy affects most of the world - then you are dreaming! I still have trouble getting my head around elected officials at a federal level who do not accept evolution, which for me brings into question their judgment on every other matter. These people are steering the foreign  as well as the domestic policy of the "free world". Scary indeed.

It's just as scary for those of us that DO have a vote, honestly.  I vote for sane people in every election, but it doesn't do much good if the majority is voting for the crazies.  I just don't get it, it's like instead of moving forward this country is going backwards.  And it drives me nuts how people vote against their own interest, time and time again.

Yep.  This is the article I was referring to in my post yesterday.  Sorry I forgot to include the link.

Has this been picked up by any mainstream media yet? 

Julie Anne over at Spiritual Sounding Board has a new article up.  She talked to Gibbs III.

Julie Anne over at the Spiritual Sounding Board has a new post up about this if you are interested.  She's interviewed Gibbs III about the case and also asked for an update on Lourdes.  No real news.  I really like and respect Julie Anne, but she is not an investigative journalist and I wish she had pushed him harder.

I'm sorry, but Gibbs III sounds very disingenuous when he claims that he is being confused with his father.  Nope.  It was III, not Jr, who represented Chuck Phelps in the Anderson case, the Roloff Homes case, and is still representing Old Schoolhouse, I think.   No confusion there.  Those cases are not pretty and he is not representing victims in them.  I get that everyone needs representation, however loathsome, and that he was just doing his job.  He has supposedly turned over a new leaf though in his commitment to victims.

I'd also like to know when and how many times he has represented victims and won.  I understand that settling out of court is not a bad thing - actually it is common practice and 9 out of 10 times probably the best outcome for the plaintiff.  I also understand that confidentiality agreements about settlements are just that, and that he can't break lawyer/client confidentiality.  But surely, if he has represented lots of clients who were victimized and won he could name a couple!   As far as we know, Lourdes and the IBLP women are the first time he has represented victims since he left CLA and Daddy.

Still, as he has taken the cases, I sincerely hope he does well.  I will be watching, however, and I'm sure many others will be too.  These are both high profile cases and he'd better not mess them up.  He has quite a reputation to live down. 

I want these ladies to have the best representation possible and I can understand  people's distrust/dislike of Gibbs 3. On the other hand, though, he does understand in a way that very few others will, exactly what these ladies went through. He grew up in IFBx-dom with a daddy whose name was well known, so he had to be even more perfect. Only another female brought up in this lifestyle could possibly understand better.

I hate that he represented Phelps and the Roloff homes, but I wasn't able to make a break until I was in my 30s. He had to leave his family, his friends and contacts, and his place of business to make the break. That took more than just a little guts.

Radar Online has picked up on the Gil Bates connection:

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/duggar-friend-bringing-up-bates-patriarch-sex-abuse-scandal-gil-bates-institute-basic-life-principles-lawsuit/

Today's FJ Blog post is about the IBLP lawsuit.    I have to give credit to many of you for finding great resources and making it much easier to find information needed for the post.   You guys are great!

You can read the post here: http://www.freejinger.org/blogs/entry/413-the-iblp-lawsuit/

Radar Online has picked up on the Gil Bates connection:

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/duggar-friend-bringing-up-bates-patriarch-sex-abuse-scandal-gil-bates-institute-basic-life-principles-lawsuit/

Bet Gil and Kelly didn't feel too blessed when they read that headline.  Is he really co-director or did they get that wrong?  I know he was on the board but I'd assume co-director would be a paid position?  Just curious.

Bet Gil and Kelly didn't feel too blessed when they read that headline.  Is he really co-director or did they get that wrong?  I know he was on the board but I'd assume co-director would be a paid position?  Just curious.

Well, how paid was Josh D's position? Expectations and reality can be two completely different entities. 

Waiting for it to hit Australia.
In the meantime, I did some research and it turns out we have an IBLP institute in Lilydale, Victoria! (Jeez I've been pretty close to there before. I've seen metal bands play 5 minutes away!)
Turns out Gothards been out here to speak at seminars :smiley-signs131:

Archived