IGNORED

Negligence Lawsuit Filed Against IBLP

love2scrap

Watching IBLP crash and burn would be a beautiful thing indeed. I'm really interested in how this might affect the Bates' show. Or what other stories we might hear as part of this clusterfuck.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! It made the Washington Post--accmpanied by my favorite Duggar picture--the red frumper parade:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/10/22/five-women-sue-bill-gothards-ministry-that-has-ties-to-the-duggars/

Michael Bates Keilen must be terrified that Brandon will be unemployed soon.

Yay! It made the Washington Post--accmpanied by my favorite Duggar picture--the red frumper parade:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/10/22/five-women-sue-bill-gothards-ministry-that-has-ties-to-the-duggars/

Michael Bates Keilen must be terrified that Brandon will be unemployed soon.

Wonder if Alyssa will stop asking for votes for her FIL. Daniel Webster got a shout out too! :)

From the article:

(Gothard is not named in the lawsuit because, Gibbs said, he is no longer affiliated with the organization.)

Yeah right! I don't believe for a moment that Gothard isn't still involved with the organization.  As for the driver of these ice cream field trips, did he not see anything? Was the car like a limo where it has a divider glass? My guess is no and the driver just looked the other way.

I am so glad glad that the mainstream Washington Post story mentions Daniel Webster.   Although Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin,  has now agreed to take the speaker job, Daniel Webster was seriously mentioned as a candidate for speaker, and was being promoted by the "Freedom Caucus" (tea party people - gah).    

I firmly believe in religious freedom  although I do get very concerned when religious beliefs so adversely affect women and childre - -  but when these people get into positions of power in our (supposedly secular) government, I become VERY concerned.     I think people like Daniel Webster are very dangerous, especially when (not all of)  the people who voted for him know the entire background of this cult-like organization their congressman so enthusiastically supports!  

Its starting to hit more mainstream media sites now. Anyone with a user account on those sites (like Salon or Washington Post) - maybe you should consider posting comments specifically pointing to the Bates link? I don't think all the articles being written will pick that up and I think it should be pointed out.

@Buzzard here is the link to the court docket:  https://www.dupagecase.com/Clerk/allsearch.do
Case # 2015L 000980

You need to plonk down $15 to see the petition and I'm hoping a media outlet will spend that money for me and publish the whole thing soon. ;)

Is the petition the same as the lawsuit? (I'm not a degreed law professional, so I don't know).

The Chicago Tribune has published the lawsuit here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-pdf-institute-in-basic-life-principals-lawsuit-20151022-htmlstory.html

@Buzzard here is the link to the court docket:  https://www.dupagecase.com/Clerk/allsearch.do
Case # 2015L 000980

You need to plonk down $15 to see the petition and I'm hoping a media outlet will spend that money for me and publish the whole thing soon. ;)

Is the petition the same as the lawsuit? (I'm not a degreed law professional, so I don't know).

The Chicago Tribune has published the lawsuit here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-pdf-institute-in-basic-life-principals-lawsuit-20151022-htmlstory.html

Ooooh, thanks!

I'm not a Degreed Law ProfessionalTM    either.   I should have said complaint.

Off to read now.

And man oh man, the Salon article just posted 2 hours ago is HARSH:

The cult of Duggar worship must be stopped: There’s nothing glamorous about the family’s ongoing hypocrisy:  The family is still enmeshed in a religious organization under fire for covering up its own sex abuse allegations

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/23/the_cult_of_duggar_worship_must_be_stopped_theres_nothing_glamorous_about_the_familys_ongoing_hypocrisy/

Why it took this lawsuit for the media to put two and two together is beyond me.  But I am very glad!!  :giggle:

This has been trending ALL DAY LONG on Facebook. How is this law suit going to affect the Bates TV show? 

i mentioned this last night to fiance. especially considering gil is on the board and is presumably named, i wonder how the show will go. i can't remember what channel it's on lol i wonder if they'll pull the plug soon or wait and see how this goes. **fat fingers misspelled as "hoes" lolz**

By my reckoning, this is the  media's Third Duggar "sex scandal" of 2015: 1st one was the revelations of Josh's teenage wrongdoing (and the coverup), 2nd one was  cheating Josh's Ashley Madison account (and being shipped off to bogus rehab), 3rd is this lawsuit.

I'm crossing my fingers that third time is the charm to bury the Gothard Empire and the Duggar's 15 minutes of fame.

:head-desk: UGH!!!!  Trying to explain to someone on my Facebook that IBLP hides in plain sight is like trying to explain to one of the Duggars that it's not Anna's fault that Josh is a scumbag. 

This has been trending ALL DAY LONG on Facebook. How is this law suit going to affect the Bates TV show? 

i mentioned this last night to fiance. especially considering gil is on the board and is presumably named, i wonder how the show will go. i can't remember what channel it's on lol i wonder if they'll pull the plug soon or wait and see how this goes. **fat fingers misspelled as "hoes" lolz**

The channel it's on is UP TV.  That's UP for "Uplifting", I kid you not.

2015 hasn't been a great year to be a Duggar.

I'm glad the media is finally giving IBLP the coverage it deserves. To be honest I'm not so sure this lawsuit would have got the same amount of press had it not been for the 2 previous Duggar scandals.

Thanks, @Ladymissdiva.  The WND artlcle is very good and @Formergothardite gets her wish as the Inquisitr, although focused on the Duggars, makes a really solid identification of the Bates family connections to IBLP and Gothard.  Sometime even the tabloids get things right.

Thanks @Palimpsest. I'm also happy to see that the Inquisitr article makes mention of the fact that the Duggars distribute IBLP literature on their "mission trips." This stuff is extremely destructive and needs to be stopped!

I didn't realize how big this was until I saw the Salon article. I am still unsure if this is going to just be the same thing as the last Gothard sex scandal (big uproar for those who follow it, but not really anything else) or if it is going to mean something. 

And every chance I get, I am going to comment on these articles (already did on Washington Post) that we've got ELECTED OFFICIALS on the FEDERAL level ...like Webster in Florida ...(who was seriously being discussed for SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE)  who are involved with this disgusting cult.   

By my reckoning, this is the  media's Third Duggar "sex scandal" of 2015: 1st one was the revelations of Josh's teenage wrongdoing (and the coverup), 2nd one was  cheating Josh's Ashley Madison account (and being shipped off to bogus rehab), 3rd is this lawsuit.

I'm crossing my fingers that third time is the charm to bury the Gothard Empire and the Duggar's 15 minutes of fame.

There will still be some knuckle-draggers in the comments sections who will try to insist that it was the women's fault for "defrauding" that disgusting lich Bill Gothard and that the Duggars and Bateses are poor poor innocent victims of religious persecution. Because there's no way that a religious organization that tells women that they are subordinate to men, must dress and do their hair in a specific way that one old, unmarried man dictates, that said old, unmarried man has "special connections" with the prettiest girls, and that it's a woman's responsibility to curb a man's unstoppable sexual urges could EVER be capable of sexual abuse!

Archived