IGNORED

There's No Place Like Home

Cheetah

Anyone still reading this blog? 

Jean has been quiet for a while and seems -kind of- back to posting. 
She mentions having a child with RAD, also mentions finding affordable activities for the teens is basically impossible (never heard her say anything saving money related before!) and she posts that: 

" Most of our kiddos are now teens and tweens and they need a lot of my time and attention.I thought it would be easier but it's not!" :Bang: Shocking much?!

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread because Jean and Jim appear to have adopted again. In her latest post there is an "extra" kid in the photos. Unbefuckinglievable.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

These two run a group home. It’s absolutely not a family. How do I know? They never take the adopted kids to special events of their “real kids.” I don’t normally say real kids but in this instance, it’s true. They didn’t take the adopted children to the wedding of their supposed older sibling. They didn’t even take any of the adopted kids to BABYSIT their biological grandkids. Why? Because those grandkids aren’t family to the adopted kids. Wouldn’t little aunts and uncles want to come play with and help babysit their nieces and nephews? Of course they would. But it was just grandma and grandpa who got to go. I imagine this happens constantly in that house. The kids know they aren’t real members of the family. Hopefully they can grow up and make families of their own. Because they don’t have one now. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On 6/2/2019 at 7:42 AM, Ausje said:

Resurrecting this thread because Jean and Jim appear to have adopted again. In her latest post there is an "extra" kid in the photos. Unbefuckinglievable.

Omg I LOVE you for posting, I thought I was the only one still reading Jeans blog. I'm so happy she is posting again. The tiny girl is indeed new. My guess is she is re-homed domestically as Joy (Jenny) was. 

Sarah and Mia seem to be working - I wonder how "good" those kids are gonna do in life. Mia seemed to be bagging up groceries in a local grocery store - gah! There is absolutely nothing wrong with this obviously but the bio kids are all well educated, the adopted ones don't seem to get the same chances.

Totally shocked Jean hasn't mentioned their newest grandkids yet. Katie had a boy (third child) and Matt had a second child as far as I know. I think at this point they probably can't even travel with the whole family. The money has got to dry up at some point, no? Jean has been hinting for a while now about needing to be more frugal. 

• Upvote 2

Look at her post about Emma graduating from highschool! I can't be snarky about that. She looks beautiful and happy.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Ausje said:

Look at her post about Emma graduating from highschool! I can't be snarky about that. She looks beautiful and happy.

I’m glad she went to high school and will be in a transitional program next year. I think that’s likely best for her. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

The money pit is def drying up. Jean posts about not being able to afford sending 5 teens to the extreme faith camp. I did a quick google search and obviously not sure if I was looking at the right camp but it seems to be $400/camper - so $2000 for all 5 kids.

I also hope she didn't send the girls in the shorts they are wearing in the picture, cause I did read there is a dress code and those shorts def don't make the modesty standard (haha!)

I wonder when she is gonna introduce the blog readers to the new addition; Mary.  My guess is another domestic adoption from a family that didn't want Mary anymore.

We will officially introduce her at the end of the summer/early fall!

Her story is her own and not for us to share

but I will share how blessed we are to have her in our family!

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to check on her, its been a while. She has a new girl. It has to be another domestic re-home because they are not longer allowed to adopt from china due to old age.

I am always conflicted with this family because on one hand i think she is trying her best to give the children a good home life. They get much needed medical attention (i cant believe the new girl wasnt growing at all for 3 years and she hasnt seen a doctor until now, if she was rehomed, and that seems the case, that means her adoptive family didnt give her much needed medical atention) and she enrolls them in a lot of activities and gives them a lot of opportunities. On the other hand i feel that with so many kids (17), more than a home its a really nice orphanage, better than where they were previously but not as good as it could be.

Also i feel like she has a real hoarding problem. A sane mind person would have stoped long ago. When China told them they were too old i had hopes they would stop, but then they got into the rehoming...They ARE too old to be adding children. What would happen in 10 years if god forbid something happens to them? They are not thinking clearly and they have a serious problem. Also its not like they are poor now, they obviously are still pretty wealthy, but she does complain about money sometimes, but still keep adding kids, i wonder what they are waiting to stop, or if they are so adicted to adoption now that they are incapable of stoping.

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm Sherry and I've been reading Jean's blog for a while now. LOTS of beautiful kids!! I'm wondering if anyone knows what has happened to Jacob and Sarah? They aren't in the list on the left of all of her kids....kind of weird. 

I see she's updating the blog header; she really needs to redo the whole blog if she has a hot second to herself once in a while.  Separate tabs for kids and adoption info instead of an endless stream of unreadable font running down a tiny column along the sides.

Plus, nobody cares about your travel dates! So strange to me how many adoption blogs do this.  I guarantee even her friends don't care when she got her paperwork approved for one of a bazillion kids from 9 years ago.  

On 8/19/2020 at 5:49 PM, Sherry03 said:

Hi, I'm Sherry and I've been reading Jean's blog for a while now. LOTS of beautiful kids!! I'm wondering if anyone knows what has happened to Jacob and Sarah? They aren't in the list on the left of all of her kids....kind of weird. 

I can't speak to the changes on the blog but I do know Sarah is in technical college somewhere else in Minnesota and has a boyfriend named Ben. It'll be interesting to see if Jean ever acknowledges this. Does anyone remember Christine from Smiles and Trials? When her oldest daughter, Rachel, moved out and got married, Christine stopped blogging altogether.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Jean updated yesterday 10/12/20 and answered a question about Sarah.  She said Sarah moved out in February seeking more independence, which sounds normal, but then she said, "We heard from her in the beginning but we do not hear from her now. We wish her the best."  Whatttttt??

• 11 months later...

Sarah isn’t welcome in the family anymore. Jean blames it on RAD and bad choices Sarah has made, she also says Sarah is a liar who believes her own  lies. Jean had to convince Jim that this was all the case. Which makes me think Jim might have a better head on his shoulders then Jean does although I guess Jean was successful in convincing Jim that Sarah is a person non grata.

I feel awful for Sarah but happy to be away from this group home the Mulvahill are running. My prediction is more and more kids as they age will veer away from the family. 

The family isn’t what it used to be all happy with a bunch of little kids and enough money to go around. They seem to be struggling … with still the bio kids more important then the whole lot of adopted kids combined will ever be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

I agree that many more will want to leave as adults. I think some kids will start to see things for what they are and will leave. While others will have to depend on them for a long time. They might not have any other choice. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/21/2020 at 9:24 PM, jegfile said:

Does anyone remember Christine from Smiles and Trials? When her oldest daughter, Rachel, moved out and got married, Christine stopped blogging altogether.

Does anyone has any updates on her? The oolder daughters got married and that's all I know.

4 hours ago, llucie said:

Is she still living with her brother Billy and his wife? Or has she cut all contact with the family? In the blog she is still listed as living with him.

Doubt Sarah is still living with Billy and Kelly. My guess (and this is just a guess) is that she is living with her boyfriend and / or his family.
Sarah doesn’t seem to be friends with any of the siblings on FB. I hope at least of them have contact with her just to make sure she is ok.

I don’t think Jean cares about updating the blog for accuracy. 

• Thank You 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/22/2016 at 3:43 AM, SolomonFundy said:

I think the main issues are that:

1. They didn't need to rename the children at all. The girls had names. 

2. They intentionally decided to recycle the names of living pets on two girls adopted at the same time, meaning FOUR lives were impacted since both elderly dogs were renamed as well as the two girls. The "learning English" thing is a non-issue since the pronunciation confusion with the pet names wouldn't have existed if they just picked different names for the girls.

3. There were other adults and young children in the home who knew the dogs' names for years before this particular adoption, and would have afterward associated their new siblings with the family pets every time they said their names.

4. There are so, so, SO many names that are not "Missy/Melissa" and "Mia". So many. 

Your example would be a little more comparable if you'd had your sweet dog for a decade, then had a baby, THEN changed the dog's name to something different so that they baby could have your pet's old name. (By the way- I love that you adopted a dog that had your name! Serendipity. :) )

The more I think about this NPLH renaming thing, the more it smacks of thoughtlessness and some kind of weird control issue. These aren't people adopting babies who may never remember their early lives or given names. They intentionally adopt older children, many with developmental delays, some of whom come with literally NOTHING from their lives in China other than their name. Their names are then immediately stripped from them, and they are forced to learn new ones. Maybe the children prefer this arrangement? Somehow, I doubt that all of them picked neatly coordinating names of their own volition.

Hey there. It’s Sarah the oldest who lived at the house. I have Moved out and living my best life on my own. I want to say I completely agree with what this person said. Changing names between your own kid and dogs who has known her name since she was a puppy. Mia the dog was 12 years old that’s a long time knowing that dog knows her name. But Jean had other plans by naming a girl Mia even tho she knows absolutely no English at the time. But anyways just thought I’d say something. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1