IGNORED

Has the Arndt family avoided the scrutiny of the www?

circularlogic

Well, we should all be happy to know that some progress "has" been made in the filming of Vine Valley.  As per Dad's Diary: :clap:

The three of us are about to film a final segment (that is, final of the 2015 season) for Vine Valley.

Wow! Good job guys! 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think that they'd want grandchildren but I don't think that Cathy is ready to let go of any of them yet! Which is sad! 

I would think she would view it as a chance to have more control. It's not as if any possible daughter in law is going to be independent and opinionated. Any grandchildren would simply be an opportunity for continuing the methods they have used so successfully to control their own sons.

You'd think that they'd want grandchildren but I don't think that Cathy is ready to let go of any of them yet! Which is sad! 

I would think she would view it as a chance to have more control. It's not as if any possible daughter in law is going to be independent and opinionated. Any grandchildren would simply be an opportunity for continuing the methods they have used so successfully to control their own sons.

No but I think that she fears another woman being number one in the minds of her sons. She's used to being the only one, Wizzy is a close second. I don't think she could take it, if they didn't have them all. 

• 3 weeks later...

"The three of us are about to film a final segment (that is, final of the 2015 season) for Vine Valley."

There are actual seasons of VV? Seasons that have never been released? How many? Does Rick not understand that one does not film several seasons of a show before releasing it? If (When) it is a big flop they will end up with hours and hours of wasted footage. But filming it is probably the actual goal, so they spend time together. Because they don't see each other nearly enough living in the same house with 11 children who are legal adults.

Has any FJ member ever met them in person-- they may be too normal seeming OR too bland in person.

I have. I've actually known the family casually for quite a few years. In all honesty, while definitely quirky, they are probably the friendliest people I've ever met.

I also know, for a fact, that the boys have non relation female friends! Definitely not something they put out there much, though. They probably should.

I have. I've actually known the family casually for quite a few years. In all honesty, while definitely quirky, they are probably the friendliest people I've ever met.

I also know, for a fact, that the boys have non relation female friends! Definitely not something they put out there much, though. They probably should.

So what is your opinion of why none of the sons have married? And why all of them still live at home? If they are friendly and know females, one would think a spark ought to have been struck at least once, with at least one of the boys. Yet we have never had even a hint of a courtship, a relationship, or even a friendship. What is going on with these people? Don't any of them want to have a wife and children? An actual life outside of their nuclear family? Independence? Privacy? Anything except life "safe at home" with their parents and siblings? I really wish I could understand the mindset of this family. It's so counter to what most parents want-adult children who can be independent, happy, healthy, individuals with their own lives.

So what is your opinion of why none of the sons have married? And why all of them still live at home? If they are friendly and know females, one would think a spark ought to have been struck at least once, with at least one of the boys. Yet we have never had even a hint of a courtship, a relationship, or even a friendship. What is going on with these people? Don't any of them want to have a wife and children? An actual life outside of their nuclear family? Independence? Privacy? Anything except life "safe at home" with their parents and siblings? I really wish I could understand the mindset of this family. It's so counter to what most parents want-adult children who can be independent, happy, healthy, individuals with their own lives.

In my opinion they are pretty much waiting for the "love at first sight" scenario. They are convinced that they will just KNOW right away because God will make it crystal clear... That's what they have been taught. There have been a few "crushes", but I don't think they have ever been 100% confident ( is anyone ever, really?) in persuing anything, so it's over analyzed forever, and eventually everything stalls.

In my opinion they are pretty much waiting for the "love at first sight" scenario. They are convinced that they will just KNOW right away because God will make it crystal clear... That's what they have been taught. There have been a few "crushes", but I don't think they have ever been 100% confident ( is anyone ever, really?) in persuing anything, so it's over analyzed forever, and eventually everything stalls.

Rick and Cathy were not love at first sight, were they? Why should their boys think it will happen that way? But I'm sure it's part of their thinking that God will bring them the right person. I can just imagine one of the boys meeting a girl and liking her. Rick would make a video, filmed while driving of course,  of them discussing the poor girl and a possible relationship. They would conclude that there is too much danger in proceeding. The End.

It is just mind boggling to think of all those adult sons still at home with mommy and daddy. The oldest son is now 35. 35 years without his own life. I'll never understand it.

I'm not sure about "love at first sight".  It seems they're more about instantly knowing that "this is the one Jesus meant for me". Which I guess is similar, except for the direct involvement of Jesus.

I'm pretty sure that's the Rick and Cathy story.  The met at a Catholic retreat and Rick quickly conferred with Jesus and together they agreed Cathy was the intended one.  I'm not sure what Cathy felt about the whole thing, as we only see news and history through Rick's perspective.

As for the manboys, who knows.  But they don't really have equivalent fundies in their circle.  Most of the women they interact with probably find them pleasant but odd or at least a little "off".   So Jesus hasn't delivered the perfect mate for any of them yet. (And it wouldn't shock me if they've been catfished a few times online.  Daddy once said something about them having to be careful about people online claiming false things.   I think one of the boys may have gotten caught up with someone who was not as she seemed.)   At this point unless one of them breaks away and immediately starts working on his social skills, it's probably never going to happen.

How sad. It makes sense, though, that their parents have scared them into waiting on a direct, writing-on-the-wall message from God.

My parents were a "love at first sight" couple too, and when I was a kid I kind of assumed that that's how relationships worked, even though my parents never said anything of the kind. But then I grew up! Sad that these boys will never be given that right by their own parents. :( 

Archived