IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose Part 2

DaffyDill

She is just so rude.

Reader:

Erika I wrote you a personal message. I would really appreciate your wisdom in my dilemma. Thank you and God bless!

Erika

I'm sorry, I have less time than I have ever had before for answering all of the emails or for personal coaching. But I am confident the Lord can meet your needs and bring the answers to your questions anyway

:roll: So she has time to shame women for letting their kids dress up as superheros, she has time to tell us how she organizes everything from her pantry to her sock drawer, but for this woman she's all, "bother God, not me". Gah...

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She is just so rude.

Reader:

Erika

:roll: So she has time to shame women for letting their kids dress up as superheros, she has time to tell us how she organizes everything from her pantry to her sock drawer, but for this woman she's all, "bother God, not me". Gah...

OMG, she is SO dismissive! To the very people who keep her "ministry" rolling along. She really does not come across as likeable in any way at all.

She is just so rude.

Reader:

Erika

Oh God, I just read this and it really pissed me off. She's so holier than thou and condescending. "I know you're struggling with something and reaching out to me but I'm going to shut you down and tell you God will take care of it." :penguin-no:

OMG, she is SO dismissive! To the very people who keep her "ministry" rolling along. She really does not come across as likeable in any way at all.

For all the time she spent writing that nice/nasty little reply, she could have at least addressed the lady in a private message. It's just so rude, and almost like it was done to create the illusion that Erika's inbox is just overflowing with people asking her advice, so she couldn't possibly answer them all. Unless they are taking their children out for trick or treat...then she's all over it :roll:

Seriously though- why is it that she always has time to shame people, but when someone is asking for advice she acts like she can't imagine why they'd bother someone as important as her??

For all the time she spent writing that nice/nasty little reply, she could have at least addressed the lady in a private message. It's just so rude, and almost like it was done to create the illusion that Erika's inbox is just overflowing with people asking her advice, so she couldn't possibly answer them all. Unless they are taking their children out for trick or treat...then she's all over it :roll:

Seriously though- why is it that she always has time to shame people, but when someone is asking for advice she acts like she can't imagine why they'd bother someone as important as her??

Exactly. Exactly. You have time to tell me you don't care but not enough time to actually be a caring human being? You seem to have plenty of time to argue with people on your facebook and be fake and micromanage your children. I think her "family" would be glad to spare her for 20 minutes or so, so that they might do something crazy and sneaky like pick their own flavor of jelly bean or break into the bathroom for some unaccounted for toilet time. :roll:

Exactly. Exactly. You have time to tell me you don't care but not enough time to actually be a caring human being? You seem to have plenty of time to argue with people on your facebook and be fake and micromanage your children. I think her "family" would be glad to spare her for 20 minutes or so, so that they might do something crazy and sneaky like pick their own flavor of jelly bean or break into the bathroom for some unaccounted for toilet time. :roll:

Erika only replies if:

1)She can respond with a snarky and judgmental response, wherein her own self/family is put on a pedestal

2)Someone came for the throat and Erika has to come to her own defense (as we ourselves have witnessed)

Erika only replies if:

1)She can respond with a snarky and judgmental response, wherein her own self/family is put on a pedestal

2)Someone came for the throat and Erika has to come to her own defense (as we ourselves have witnessed)

Exactly. She's not going to respond simply to be kind and supportive. You know, Christ-like!

She is seriously in need of therapy.

She gives this as a reason why the children are not allowed to stay up late...it is unproductive. **grin**

So I have spent a lot of time on Erika this weekend and it dawned on me that she doesn't talk a lot about how she disciplines her kids. I found a thing that states they expect first time obedience but it doesn't say what happens when the kids do not obey.

Does anyone have an answer? Do they spank? Blanket train? Time out? Do the kid get the "I'm disappointed" in you speech? (That was my dad's favorite. Just spank me!)

I just did a scroll through and didn't find the Halloween post. Maybe she unstickied it so it wouldn't be as obvious when she deleted it. Or maybe my Facebook stalking skills are not what they once were.

Just saw this posted on FB, and wanted to share it before it disappears. Methinks the person is an FJer.

"Julie, Erika only has time to judge others who don't share her (oops, I mean God's, *shame*) beliefs and scoff at those who point out her hypocrisy. She's also too busy picking out which color of jelly bean to give to her teenage daughters for their endless hours of servitude. I pray that poor Karen and Melanie escape ASAP."

Whoa. *mic drop*

Just saw this posted on FB, and wanted to share it before it disappears. Methinks the person is an FJer.

"Julie, Erika only has time to judge others who don't share her (oops, I mean God's, *shame*) beliefs and scoff at those who point out her hypocrisy. She's also too busy picking out which color of jelly bean to give to her teenage daughters for their endless hours of servitude. I pray that poor Karen and Melanie escape ASAP."

Whoa. *mic drop*

Holy shit! *mic drop* is right!! 229.gif

What a snot to say she doesn't have time to talk to a woman who has a problem when she has time to post on Facebook about bike rides and random crap! Although, that lady (who later revealed that her problem is whether or not she should have kids because it might piss off her step kids) has a tenuous grasp on reality if she thinks Erika is qualified to help her with that issue. Why on earth would anyone ask for this horrible woman's help? She's not even playing the role of Godly Woman very well!

ETA: Just read that new FB post. Daaaaaaaamn.

She gives this as a reason why the children are not allowed to stay up late...it is unproductive. **grin**

So I have spent a lot of time on Erika this weekend and it dawned on me that she doesn't talk a lot about how she disciplines her kids. I found a thing that states they expect first time obedience but it doesn't say what happens when the kids do not obey.

Does anyone have an answer? Do they spank? Blanket train? Time out? Do the kid get the "I'm disappointed" in you speech? (That was my dad's favorite. Just spank me!)

Someone asked in the comments section under one of her blog posts, and she said "we practice biblically appropriate and carefully done spanking." I was surprised she was that blunt about it. I don't know what biblical spanking is exactly, but it sounds like something the Pearls would be into.

ETA: Here's a link to that post, it's in the comments below. Hope I'm breaking it correctly.

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2013/02/naps-play-alone-times.html

What post is this under?

Enjoying Being At Home - then it's in the replies to Julie telling Erika that she's written her a private message. I believe there are around 10 replies to that comment.

I have fallen down the Snake Salvation rabbit hole. O.M.G. :shock:

Have fun with that! There's a thread in Wide World of Snark where we discussed today!

I have fallen down the Snake Salvation rabbit hole. O.M.G. :shock:

I have the rescue ferrets ready and waiting for you should you be gone too long. They have wine and other assorted beverages if you are in need...

:ferret: :ferret:

Someone asked in the comments section under one of her blog posts, and she said "we practice biblically appropriate and carefully done spanking." I was surprised she was that blunt about it. I don't know what biblical spanking is exactly, but it sounds like something the Pearls would be into.

ETA: Here's a link to that post, it's in the comments below. Hope I'm breaking it correctly.

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2013/02/naps-play-alone-times.html

She also does hot sauce on tongue for lies (but uses the same one they use for food, so how this is a deterrent for her older children, I am unsure. The rewards of lying this house seem to outweigh the hot sauce, IMO, especially since she says they like spicy food a few times on the blog) and double-reparations for refusing to do a chore.

Okay, whoever just responded to the leghumper *fistbump* & *highfive*47b20s0.gif

Commenter:

Julie, Erika only has time to judge others who don't share her (oops, I mean God's, *shame*) beliefs and scoff at those who point out her hypocrisy. She's also too busy picking out which color of jelly bean to give to her teenage daughters for their endless hours of servitude. I pray that poor Karen and Melanie escape ASAP.

Leghumper:

Find a better hobby Carrie Howard. She is just a women that enjoys encouraging other women in areas they feel lead to live, and i greatly appreciate her experience. Why are you following her? Shame on you.

Commenter:

I was led to this site by someone who wished to point out the worst in Christian fundamentalism. Shame on you, Janna Sullenger, for following the advice of a woman who clearly has no understanding of the greatest commandment. If she were truly Christian, she would withhold her scathing remarks and truly lift others with encouragement and support instead of just saying, "I don't have time for you; talk to the Lord." One of my many satisfying hobbies is daily meditation and prayer; I'll pray for you as well.

:)

I have the rescue ferrets ready and waiting for you should you be gone too long. They have wine and other assorted beverages if you are in need...

:ferret: :ferret:

Please send a doctor as well, because Little Cody has been bit twice and they've decided to....do nothing :shock:

She also does hot sauce on tongue for lies (but uses the same one they use for food, so how this is a deterrent for her older children, I am unsure. The rewards of lying this house seem to outweigh the hot sauce, IMO, especially since she says they like spicy food a few times on the blog) and double-reparations for refusing to do a chore.

I don't get the hot sauce either. I can't take spicy stuff, so that would have been terrible for me as a kid, but Erika's kids like that stuff. It's just weird. Maybe she thinks declaring that hot sauce on the tongue is a terrible punishment is all it takes to make it so? Also, I don't think Erika is very creative or much of a deep thinker, so if she read it in a book under a list of punishments, then it's a punishment. If she uses it for dinner, it's dinner. Black and white thinking, maybe? I dunno.

Please send a doctor as well, because Little Cody has been bit twice and they've decided to....do nothing :shock:

Praise Jebus and snakes that such wonder can exist in this world.

Seeing a doctor for a snake bite would go against their vows to God, you know.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived