IGNORED

How to know no means no so simple the GOP duggers may unders

doggie

well maybe Michelle thinks she should drink the tea even if full even if too tired for caffeine or has had too much caffeine or when the doctor says cut out the caffeine.

[bBvideo 560,340:1ixrwy9b]

[/bBvideo]

Seems like common sense to me, but to the Duggars and those who are like minded, husbands are always entitled to watch their wives drink tea, whether they want any tea or not.

I feel like by re-posting this blog entry about always being available to your husband for sex - no matter the reasons you may not be into it, is a slap in anna's face. She may as well have just said, "this is all your fault, anna. you should have given him whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted it." Honestly, I find this both repulsive and frightening. A while ago, I read Debbie Pearls' account of her honeymoon night (or was it written by Michael?) If anyone hasn't checked out that little gem of a romantic filled vacation, by all means - enlighten yourselves as to how priveleged these IFB men think they are when it comes to intimate relations with their women. After digesting her honeymoon experience, it is honestly the foremost picture in my mind when I hear someone in these circles talk about being available for their husbands. It sickens me.

Seems like common sense to me, but to the Duggars and those who are like minded, husbands are always entitled to watch their wives drink tea, whether they want any tea or not.

Actually, to them the husbands are allowed to force their wives to drink tea, even if it may compromise their emotional or physical well being. Even if his wife chokes on said tea, he had a right to force her to drink it.

I hate this kind of crap.

I feel like by re-posting this blog entry about always being available to your husband for sex - no matter the reasons you may not be into it, is a slap in anna's face. She may as well have just said, "this is all your fault, anna. you should have given him whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted it." Honestly, I find this both repulsive and frightening. A while ago, I read Debbie Pearls' account of her honeymoon night (or was it written by Michael?) If anyone hasn't checked out that little gem of a romantic filled vacation, by all means - enlighten yourselves as to how priveleged these IFB men think they are when it comes to intimate relations with their women. After digesting her honeymoon experience, it is honestly the foremost picture in my mind when I hear someone in these circles talk about being available for their husbands. It sickens me.

I remember that. It was awful.

The first time I've seen this:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerqu ... honeymoon/

He sounds like a complete jerk.

He is. In so many ways. After all that he described and as horrible as he treated her that weekend, the part that sickened me the most was at the end when he said, "she will get used to it" or something similar.

Now, Michael is a mysogonistic pig and maybe there worse than him but if some of these 'sex on demand' husbands in fundamentalism are even 1/10 as narcissistic, demanding, and degrading as he is in his approach to sex & women then my heart truly goes out to these women. I would feel truly like a 3rd class citizen if I was under 'contract' to let someone paw at me and use my body like his personal sex toy any time he wanted regardless how i felt, what i was doing, etc. Marriage is a partnership and we do make concessions for each other but for my life partner to have the exclusive and all rights to my body is just wrong.

I've heard references to the infamous honeymoon but never actually read this before.

My heart breaks for that poor woman.

Debbie should have asked for a divorce right then. No woman should have to put up with that kind of shit.

Well, obviously divorce isn't allowed.But the thing is Michelle hardly grew up Fundie. Anyhow I think it ironic Michelle and Debbie P play the part of submissive wife, but I wonder who's in charge sometimes. Th dangerous part comes when they teach their daughters being available is the only way to please your DH.Their daughters never got to make choices regarding this.

Debbie should have asked for a divorce right then. No woman should have to put up with that kind of shit.

As a kid, I used to love vacations at a cabin. My mom mentioned to me once that they aren't vacations to her. She was still expected to cook meals and clean up, and didn't have her time-saving equipment like mixers, the dishwasher, or non-stick pans. On top of it all, the rest of us could generally be expected to help out when we were at home, but at the cabin we were "on vacation," and fought her so hard it was probably easier to just do the work herself. :embarrassed:

We have been known to fix our own meals to save money on vacation, but never for the "big meal," and the most elaborate it gets is burgers and chips or boxed Mac and cheese with peas. And I would not have done that on our honeymoon, even if I had to cut our honeymoon short in exchange. :snooty:

But, of course, that was OUR honeymoon, designed to give us both a nice vacation. The Pearl's honeymoon was all about him. :angry-banghead:

He was not a proper headship in that story. Debbie was not cherished in a single line of that story. I can't even... :doh: :wtf:

I wonder which of the Pearls will die first, and what would happen next. I think he would find a new wife. I think Debbie would be alone. Best case scenario, she writes a book about how she was wrong. And more about her life and what a terrible thing fundamental Christianity is.

Archived