IGNORED

Followers of Christ Church and their dead babies - Merge

apandaaries

According to the search function, the Followers of Christ Church have been discussed here before. They have a very nasty and reprehensible habit of failing to seek medical help for sickness or childbirth -- even premature childbirth. Oregon just upheld the conviction of a couple who went into labor two months early and drove immediately to Grandma's house. They never considered calling 911, and despite the father anointing the infant with olive oil, the babe still passed.

Here's info from Jezebel: http://jezebel.com/oregon-court-upholds ... socialflow

More info from elsewhere: http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/10/1 ... ealing.htm

According to this site (which is new to me -- I don't see any red flags but if you do, please let me know), 78 children in this cult have died since 1955; 21 could have been saved. They also have a high infant mortality rate and far too many stillborns.

Also of vague interest, the founder of the church was named Walter White.

Looks like a very messy situation, though I've only had a moment to look around for any blogs by members. This might be one: http://suzanneshumaker.blogspot.com/201 ... eople.html

Gotta get back to the working part of my day, but found this interesting. Would love to find out more -- if anyone has more knowledge, please feel free to share!

According to the search function, the Followers of Christ Church have been discussed here before. They have a very nasty and reprehensible habit of failing to seek medical help for sickness or childbirth -- even premature childbirth. Oregon just upheld the conviction of a couple who went into labor two months early and drove immediately to Grandma's house. They never considered calling 911, and despite the father anointing the infant with olive oil, the babe still passed.

Here's info from Jezebel: http://jezebel.com/oregon-court-upholds ... socialflow

More info from elsewhere: http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/10/1 ... ealing.htm

According to this site (which is new to me -- I don't see any red flags but if you do, please let me know), 78 children in this cult have died since 1955; 21 could have been saved. They also have a high infant mortality rate and far too many stillborns.

Also of vague interest, the founder of the church was named Walter White.

Looks like a very messy situation, though I've only had a moment to look around for any blogs by members. This might be one: http://suzanneshumaker.blogspot.com/201 ... eople.html

Gotta get back to the working part of my day, but found this interesting. Would love to find out more -- if anyone has more knowledge, please feel free to share!

This church loves to use children as martyrs.

Way to go Oregon jury. I hate when you watch stories like this and they are crying in court. Because you know they are only crying because they are going to jail. They watched their baby turn grey and suffer for nine hours, I wonder how emotional they got then? Six years isn't enough really.

Way to go Oregon jury. I hate when you watch stories like this and they are crying in court. Because you know they are only crying because they are going to jail. They watched their baby turn grey and suffer for nine hours, I wonder how emotional they got then? Six years isn't enough really.

because no matter what punishment they get they will ever accept they were responsible or did wrong thats the worst part. thats the part that really gets me. the grandparents did it the parents did it. but it does limit the grand kinds from doing it.

Shannon Hickman said that as a woman in the church, she must defer to her husband. "That's not my decision anyway," she said. "I think it's God's will whatever happens."

Patrichary for the win. Women don't have to make choices or ever be responsible for anything. :x

Patrichary for the win. Women don't have to make choices or ever be responsible for anything. :x

Nope. Just listen to your husband, who speaks for God, and ignore that weird organ in your head. It's not trying to tell you anything important anyway. :roll:

I am pretty sure that if there is a diety, and a judgment day for each of us when we die, this excuse won't go over very well. It's the fundie version of someone explaining to a judge why they didn't help a person in need of medical attention: Well your Honor, that's not in my job description.

I'm seething with rage here. This poor little guy was twice the birth-weight and about 4-5 weeks ahead of my youngest, and the same gestational age as my oldest (but still much bigger) - if he was of appropriate size for his gestational age, he should have been about 30-31 weeker. In NICU, most of the babies who didn't make it were the micro-preemies, 27-weeks and under. The 3-lb and over set were mostly discharged with no serious issues after a few intense days of ventilation or CPAP, working on their tan under the bili-lights, and some IV then tube feeding. He could have been alive and healthy today if it wasn't for his parents who had their brain consumed by a deranged cult.

ETA David lived for 9 hours, which means he either slowly asphyxiated as his little body didn't have the energy to work his immature lungs, or got dehydrated, as tiny preemies don't have many reserves. I hope the parents are aware of this and are reminded of this every day, from now to eternity.

David lived for 9 hours, which means he either slowly asphyxiated as his little body didn't have the energy to work his immature lungs, or got dehydrated, as tiny preemies don't have many reserves. I hope the parents are aware of this and are reminded of this every day, from now to eternity.

don't count on it. all of the other trials the parents never admitted they did wrong. really it is all gods fault. this is what gets me no lessons learned no real remorse no understanding of wrong doing.

I am so grateful that courts are finally coming down hard when these reckless parents murder their children by refusing to give them life-saving treatment.

This does bring a lot of baggage since it was a home birth.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/m ... -1.2395391

Link not broken because news

I will never understand how, as a parent, you don't do everything you can when your baby is sick. We don't go to the doctor for every little thing, but trouble breathing is way up there on the list of go be seen. Anything odd with a newborn also qualifies.

My husband's son would have been 18 today. He died of SIDS on Christmas eve when he was an infant. My husband and his ex did nothing wrong, the baby was healthy, yet my husband is more tortured than either of these people will ever be. To throw away a baby's life like this... It's just so infuriating. It's insulting to those that have lost babies even after doing everything right.

I am so grateful that courts are finally coming down hard when these reckless parents murder their children by refusing to give them life-saving treatment.

This does bring a lot of baggage since it was a home birth.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/m ... -1.2395391

Link not broken because news

The fact that they seem to feel zero remorse for their actions is what gets me. If they'd just picked up the fucking phone and dialed 911, their baby would be alive. If they'd gone to a Red Cross class and learned basic infant resuscitation, they could have helped little David breathe until the ambulance came. But instead they just smeared some olive oil on his face as he asphyxiated. And they STILL, after all evidence shows that some antibiotics and oxygen would have saved their baby, think that what they did was OK. They still think their laziness and utter lack of care for their own child is completely OK because Jeebus.

You know she's going to get pregnant again, and if the kid manages to live, I hope Social Services whisks that baby away ASAP. These assholes don't deserve the gift of children.

How does a group like that still attract followers? Don't know about anyone else, but I'd consider whether people in the group tend to die more or less often before joining.

The total disregard for human life is simply unfathomable and evil, IMHO.

Archived