IGNORED

1Ton ramp to close scheduled courses

BigSandy

I went to double check how this worked and I was mistaken...the David Waller to whom I'm connected is an IT guy in England connected to one of my connections. Totally different guy and since I don't know him I can't assume he's ever stolen even one pecan. :lol:

Sorry for spreading misinformation.

But a 3rd degree connection just means someone you're connected to is connected to someone who is connected to him. Any hidden fundies in your contact list? :D

No, but I am part of the legal services tech community - not because I do IT but I get IT funded and used to run an informational website- and maybe there is connection there?? I Hope?????

Anyways, those 10 years of near normal life made a massive difference with him. Just looking at his linked in and his writing, I would never confuse him for another chidult. Score one for decent, public early childhood education. :nenner:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually suspect that one of the Maxwell offspring will eventally take up the dog and pony show. I don't think it will be Nathan though, I think he was married before they were doing the massive amounts of traveling.

My bet is on Joseph and Ellisa, he group up on the road and they are both musical.

That is a good point. I am wondering if they are winding down certain things so they can ramp back up with a new homeschool course. I wonder if they are waiting for Christopher's kids to be school age. I would actually bet on it being Christopher who takes the reins. He could do the preachin' and Joseph could work on computer based homeschool systems. This would actually be a good thing for them, and I bet there is a market.

I don't think any of them has the education level to run a homeschool programme. Except maybe Elissa, but she seems a bit unlikely as a Maxleader. She wears form-fitting clothes, names her child unbiblical names, and has a friend in the community who brought unscheduled fun to her baby shower.

The only "added-value" the Maxwells brought to homeschoolers were the ideas of scheduling and sheltering. Schedule help is now free all over the internet, and the audience for sheltering lectures is nearly dead, if the conference uptake is anything to go by.

My money is on the Maxmen slowly moving into mainstream careers, which will serve to loosen Steve's grip on their lives as he is no longer their boss. I think that is probably behind the latest slew of Seriously Dad's posts, in which Steve is becoming more and more delusional about the impact of his parenting style.

I agree that it is very worrying for the remaining "close family". Teri is already very jealous of her daughters and yet there is no sign of them ever leaving home. I think Teri could well begin to present with depression again in later life, as a means of turning the focus back on her.

My best hope for the family is that if John should continue to spread his wings, his voluntary departure from Maxhell could be enough to cause one or two of the others to follow.

Ive been looking at their linked in. What I see is a lot of contacts who worked in churches... so I'm betting they have done some IT Support/set up for some churches. I also found Nathan has given two recommendations, but does not have any from others, just the "skills" that you get when someone you know opens linked in and is asked "Is Nathan Maxwell skilled at (Whatever) and oftne poeple hit yes to move on into LInked in.

I think his Western Auto and Wilcox Electric experience is good, but it is OLD. His Communications Concepts experience would depend entirely on who his clients have been and what he has done for them. I've been working with Tech Consultants and Software Designers in the KC Metro area since 95, and "consultant" can mean anything from constantly in demand genius at technology to unemployed wannabe who manages a project every few years and mostly is always coming up with pie in the sky ideas to pitch to people s/he used to work with.... the references would make the difference.

We've seen them omit info from their blog before (e.g.wedding). Since the Maxwell sons having to take outside, non-home-based jobs to support their families wouldn't fit their carefully crafted narrative, I could see them omitting that from what they tell us they do. Sleuthing shows some other work possibilities they have. I worry so much about the girls...what are they supposed to do?

TurtleBelly, you are right. The Maxwells do tend to omit things from the blog. I wonder what else they are omitted. They don't have the fame level of the Duggars so some of the families could be doing more more secular or non-Maxwell activities and we would never know. John seems to miss quite a bit of the Maxwell activities, seems to be able to go out alone, including to another country, so he may actually have a little bit more of a real life than the Maxwells would admit. I am sure the girls are stuck but I would bet that the Maxwell men, other than Jesse, have branched out into the world if only out of financial necessity.

I don't think that the Maxwell men will go into mainstream careers. What if they have a boss who is a woman.

Mainstream fundie then. I could see them working for businesses that are at least nominally the "right kind of Christian".

I know this is never going to happen, but perhaps if Sarah (and heck even Anna & Mary at this point) marry one of the Arndt man-boys, their new family connection could give the Maxwell brothers an "in" in the court reporting business (& perhaps also give them tips on improving their wedding photography business). Anyway, something to think about Stevehovah.... ;) :think:

OMG! Can you imagine the mind-polluting things they might hear when they are in the courtrooms? It would be enough to undo all those decades of sheltering. No way Steve would permit that.

Mainstream fundie then. I could see them working for businesses that are at least nominally the "right kind of Christian".

That might work.

Archived