IGNORED

1Ton ramp to close scheduled courses

BigSandy

This really makes me wonder about their finances even more than I already was. When you count the spouses and grandchildren, there are really a lot of Maxwells out there, and how are they all being supported? I'm sure they made a decent amount from book sales during the tours, but it seems like that income source has dwindled away since they are barely touring anymore, and I can't think that the online sales have been too hot. How are the younger generation supposed to afford to feed themselves once Steve and Teri are gone? Has anyone thought about what the grandchildren are going to be doing to make money in 25-30 years? I guess the granddaughters are assumed to have headships ( :roll:, and we see where this has gotten Sarah, Anna, and Mary, so who knows if the next generation will be more successful at finding husbands for the daughters - although they might have to be if their parents can't afford to support a houseful of childults ), but what about the grandsons? What about Nathan, Christopher, Sarah?? Do they think that this charade is going to last forever? I would really like to know what Steve thinks about the long-term future of his family.

I agree- this doesn't bode well for the family's future economic stability. The women of the family are particularly vulnerable. At least most of the boys have been trained in some kind of skill.

The Maxwells might learn the hard way that when you raise a woman to be a wife and mother, and she doesn't become one (sometimes even in spite of becoming one), they will have a very, very difficult time financially.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clear proof god hates technology.

Or God and Jesus are more interested in Skyping with Gail Chord Schuler. (She is batshit crazy, but not in the Stevehovah approved way. They mention her on the Drunken Peasants podcast frequently.)

I agree- this doesn't bode well for the family's future economic stability. The women of the family are particularly vulnerable. At least most of the boys have been trained in some kind of skill.

The Maxwells might learn the hard way that when you raise a woman to be a wife and mother, and she doesn't become one (sometimes even in spite of becoming one), they will have a very, very difficult time financially.

More reasons for Steve to fast for a week.

They need to put out a new book soon (and not just one of the Moody books) so they can generate some money.

As an aside, I'd love to see their business records and just how many people took their courses.

I wonder if Nathan has decided to get a regular 9-5, 40 hour/week job in the REAL WORLD. Working with people other than immediate family.

'Twould be the best thing to happen in Maxhell in many years.

It really surprises me that they don't have Nathan, Melanie and their kids on the road with them and writing books about homeschooling and raising godly daughters. The ABC girls could sing just like the reversals used to (a stirring rendition of Grandpa on his Knees, maybe) and Nathan and Melanie could relate to their target audience much better than Steve, Teri and the spinster daughters do.

He starts out that he usually only posts about baby news or updates. He adds, "hopefully soon".

For Mel's sake, I hope her uterus has closed shop!

They've been blessed with four adorable children. Mel went through a rough time with each one of them, plus the first baby girl who died. It's too risky for them to have more.

I actually think there is more going on with them job wise than we know. Nathan does contract IT and he has for years. I would bet he got too busy with a contract -or maybe even a real job offer - to play online with the 1TonOnRamp anymore. Plus, he has 4 kids now. Turning on your iPhone course are probably not too appealing to him. There is no mention of Jesus on his page. It's actually a decently written professional resume. He recently acquired some certifications in IT security. I bet he has another gig that is really paying the bills.

His linked in indicates a lot more is going on than the 'Ramp.

There is no way Christopher is supporting a wife and 3 kids on his "photography". He definitely has another gig somewhere.

Jesse is actually the better web designer. Who knows what he and Joseph are actually doing for work. Joseph's linked in, which he really needs to have Nathan edit, lists Swift Otter Studios still as his main employment. Jesse's linked in has him working for Swift Otter and as a designer for Maxwell Irrigation - which has apparently been around for 4 years!

John of course claims he has had Maxwell irrigation for 4 years.

I am 3rd degree linked to both Nathan and John. Wonder how that happened??

I think they are winding down on purpose because none of the boys had any interest in continuing the brand. I wonder if the blog will disappear soon too?

I actually think there is more going on with them job wise than we know. Nathan does contract IT and he has for years. I would bet he got too busy with a contract -or maybe even a real job offer - to play online with the 1TonOnRamp anymore. Plus, he has 4 kids now. Turning on your iPhone course are probably not too appealing to him. There is no mention of Jesus on his page. It's actually a decently written professional resume. He recently acquired some certifications in IT security. I bet he has another gig that is really paying the bills.

His linked in indicates a lot more is going on than the 'Ramp.

There is no way Christopher is supporting a wife and 3 kids on his "photography". He definitely has another gig somewhere.

Jesse is actually the better web designer. Who knows what he and Joseph are actually doing for work. Joseph's linked in, which he really needs to have Nathan edit, lists Swift Otter Studios still as his main employment. Jesse's linked in has him working for Swift Otter and as a designer for Maxwell Irrigation - which has apparently been around for 4 years!

John of course claims he has had Maxwell irrigation for 4 years.

I am 3rd degree linked to both Nathan and John. Wonder how that happened??

I think they are winding down on purpose because none of the boys had any interest in continuing the brand. I wonder if the blog will disappear soon too?

Probably the same way I'm 2nd degree linked from David Waller... LinkedIn groups. Im in a professional group (huge) with someone who is connected to TFDW. its a small, small world.

I would like to make a prediction: in a couple of years the Maxwells' income streams will all dry up and they will drop off the radar and fade into oblivion a la VF. One can only hope.

If money is tight, I can see that there may be appropriate headships appearing for the girls/women. Because poverty could loosen the requirements a bit...

There may also come a time where the married sons (urged on quietly by their wives) find other employment options. Breaking away from dad is something most men do eventually, isn't it?

I'm all for legit classes about technology. I just did a code academy intro to SQL that I enjoyed a lot.

SELECT *

FROM StupidClasses

JOIN Fundies on ownerId = fundieId

WHERE

failed = 1 AND

stupidNameQuotient = 'excessive' AND

fundieDesc = 'abusive nutcase'

Probably the same way I'm 2nd degree linked from David Waller... LinkedIn groups. Im in a professional group (huge) with someone who is connected to TFDW. its a small, small world.

Yeah, but you guys are at least in the same state- I am not even in the same REGION as Nathan!

I am guessing that Chris and Nathan have likely had steady income from some type of real jobs for some time. I agree with the other posters that it would have been difficult to support so many people on the income generated from 1Ton and minimal touring dates. I doubt Sarah's books even make more than a few thousand a year, if that. Granted expenses are lower if they don't have to pay a mortgage but day to day expenses are high for nearly any family. Don't they live in Kansas or somewhere close by? I would think winter heating costs alone would be high. If Nathan and Christohpher can obtain jobs with their lack of education that allows them to support their families, they need to hold onto them as long as possible.

I don't doubt that Steve and Teri will be fine for the rest of their lives but I doubt that they accumulated enough money to sustain all the Maxwells. Jesse needs to get it together and figure something out because I am guessing that he is likely going to be the one left to support himself and his sisters. The Maxwell Chore-Pack dynasty appears to be coming to an end.

Yeah, but you guys are at least in the same state- I am not even in the same REGION as Nathan!

I went to double check how this worked and I was mistaken...the David Waller to whom I'm connected is an IT guy in England connected to one of my connections. Totally different guy and since I don't know him I can't assume he's ever stolen even one pecan. :lol:

Sorry for spreading misinformation.

But a 3rd degree connection just means someone you're connected to is connected to someone who is connected to him. Any hidden fundies in your contact list? :D

[snipped for length]

If money is tight, I can see that there may be appropriate headships appearing for the girls/women. Because poverty could loosen the requirements a bit...

There may also come a time where the married sons (urged on quietly by their wives) find other employment options. Breaking away from dad is something most men do eventually, isn't it?

Oh yeah, I can definitely see the requirements loosening a bit. Yet I can't help but wonder if there are any men willing to join such a tightly-controlled family? We've seen women join the clan, but we've also seen multiple broken courtships. I know that we are discussing fundies here and that many fundie families have similar beliefs, but the Maxwells are on the far edge of the controlling spectrum... far more cloistered than most. I'm sure that attitude turns off many suitors who might be interested in the individual women in the family. I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but I bet it definitely plays a part in why the women are having a hard time finding proper suitors.

I am guessing that Chris and Nathan have likely had steady income from some type of real jobs for some time. I agree with the other posters that it would have been difficult to support so many people on the income generated from 1Ton and minimal touring dates. I doubt Sarah's books even make more than a few thousand a year, if that. Granted expenses are lower if they don't have to pay a mortgage but day to day expenses are high for nearly any family. Don't they live in Kansas or somewhere close by? I would think winter heating costs alone would be high. If Nathan and Christohpher can obtain jobs with their lack of education that allows them to support their families, they need to hold onto them as long as possible.

I don't doubt that Steve and Teri will be fine for the rest of their lives but I doubt that they accumulated enough money to sustain all the Maxwells. Jesse needs to get it together and figure something out because I am guessing that he is likely going to be the one left to support himself and his sisters. The Maxwell Chore-Pack dynasty appears to be coming to an end.

Nah, it's probably like the bean burritos. Steve decided that with extra layers, you couldn't even feel the cold. So they shut off the heat! It's more godly to shiver anyway.

I don't think god really gives an ass when someone takes a computer class.

If I was god I would be like "I gave you all a big brain for a reason, so you didn't have to bother me with nonsense like this!"

Can you imagine the never-ending din of prayers? No wonder the world is so messed up - god can't focus on the serious problems because of all the white noise being sent out by fundies praying over whether to allow their 10-year old to take an on-line course, or make him wait until he's 12; and other such pointless stuff.

Quoting the Titus2 blog post:

However, ITonRamp has not met our growth goals, so we’ve felt led to close the scheduled courses side.

Well, color me beige! I can't possibly imagine why the 1TonRamp didn't meet its growth goals. :roll:

As we evaluate our business model, we may offer videos of the courses, but we’re not sure.

So, what exactly IS your business model? Any FJers willing to throw me a bone here? All I see is yet.another.Maxwell.business going the way of the dodo. :violin:

I'm getting worried that if they no longer have anything to sell to the public then they no longer have any reason to blog. I would hate to lose my window unto their world. I think all of their family activity is directed and controlled by Stevehovah and if he decides he no longer needs the public, that is it-- the blog will stop. I can't see any of his sons or daughters keeping a blog on their own.

I'm getting worried that if they no longer have anything to sell to the public then they no longer have any reason to blog. I would hate to lose my window unto their world. I think all of their family activity is directed and controlled by Stevehovah and if he decides he no longer needs the public, that is it-- the blog will stop. I can't see any of his sons or daughters keeping a blog on their own.

Take it back. Don't let that out in the universe. The blog must continue forever. How would we survive without bland burrito recipes? Where will we learn that having fun playing sports is wrong but laughing about eating cheese paper isn't fun but somehow godly? Who will be there to tell us that we are doing life wrong? We must encourage Steve to never give up the fight ensuring that we know where we go when we die.

So, what exactly IS your business model? Any FJers willing to throw me a bone here? All I see is yet.another.Maxwell.business going the way of the dodo. :violin:

If you Jesus-fy it, they will come.

It really surprises me that they don't have Nathan, Melanie and their kids on the road with them and writing books about homeschooling and raising godly daughters. The ABC girls could sing just like the reversals used to (a stirring rendition of Grandpa on his Knees, maybe) and Nathan and Melanie could relate to their target audience much better than Steve, Teri and the spinster daughters do.

I actually suspect that one of the Maxwell offspring will eventally take up the dog and pony show. I don't think it will be Nathan though, I think he was married before they were doing the massive amounts of traveling.

My bet is on Joseph and Ellisa, he group up on the road and they are both musical.

I know this is never going to happen, but perhaps if Sarah (and heck even Anna & Mary at this point) marry one of the Arndt man-boys, their new family connection could give the Maxwell brothers an "in" in the court reporting business (& perhaps also give them tips on improving their wedding photography business). Anyway, something to think about Stevehovah.... ;) :think:

Nah, it's probably like the bean burritos. Steve decided that with extra layers, you couldn't even feel the cold. So they shut off the heat! It's more godly to shiver anyway.

Kansan here, they live in the Lansing/Leavenworth area (I can't remember which one). They are actually able to live very cheaply there, especially considering the houses are paid for. Their Real Estate taxes are probably around $1,000 per year, most likely even less. They don't have cable, don't eat or drink anything with flavor, and are pretty boring in general. They're close enough to the KC area to shop there when they need/want something specific, but its not practical to shop there on the regular, which cuts down on extra spending. You guys from other parts of the country would probably be shocked at how low their fixed bills are, i.e. utilities, groceries, fuel, etc.

TLDR: You can actually live pretty cheaply in their area of Kansas.

Archived