IGNORED

Fundie couples that should have happened but didn't

isarhenne

David Waller and his best friend Robert

http://i46.tinypic.com/2nqr0ux.jpg

And Priscilla + John-David Duggar (I think those two would just get each other, they would understand each other)

I wouldn't wish the Duggar family on anyone, but Pris and John-David could actually have been a good match.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is actually the thread that got me thinking about the Muncks again. I think Elizabeth Munck would've done pretty well with a (non-specified) Bates guy. The Muncks and the Bateses seem fairly compatible overall in terms of religion, interests, lifestyle and attitude, at least from what we've seen of both.

Now I really wish Davey Waller had been able to marry his beloved Robert Staddon.

Way back in the day, I knew his (Staddon's) wife/family - not besties or anything, we went to the same church and they were involved in some of the same groups. I don't know what happened to get them all super-fundie and involved in all this weird courtship, we'll pick out your headship business because they weren't like that way back in the day. It makes me very curious. I saw her folks a few years ago at a funeral for an old friend but didn't know at the time that their daughter had married into the weirdness or that their other children were involved with ATI, etc.

Way back in the day, I knew his (Staddon's) wife/family - not besties or anything, we went to the same church and they were involved in some of the same groups. I don't know what happened to get them all super-fundie and involved in all this weird courtship, we'll pick out your headship business because they weren't like that way back in the day. It makes me very curious. I saw her folks a few years ago at a funeral for an old friend but didn't know at the time that their daughter had married into the weirdness or that their other children were involved with ATI, etc.

You're talking about Kendalyn, right? Wasn't she the one who dreamed of becoming a doctor, but then the Lord AKA her father laid it on her heart that her true calling was to go and work in the kitchens (literally) at ATI?

Doug Phillips and himself. No one else could ever compare.

Steve Maxwell and...and...hell I don't know, SATAN? With as much as he talks about and is obsessed with hell, you'd think they were in love.

Steve Maxwell and Erika Shupe. I know Erika loves the Maxwells, but she gets to be in control of the Shupe household. Can you imagine the power struggle if she were married to Steve?? Their blogs would be fascinating.

Steve Maxwell and Erika Shupe. I know Erika loves the Maxwells, but she gets to be in control of the Shupe household. Can you imagine the power struggle if she were married to Steve?? Their blogs would be fascinating.

I have a feeling the PP would be physically abusive if the woman didn't do what he said. I'm not sure I would wish a strong willed woman on him. Or a weak willed one. Or an average one. Or a woman at all. Maybe a pet rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Ben Seewald and Joy-Anna. I think Ben was a fanboy for Jessa for years before he met the family in person. Didn't he have shrine for Jessa at home? He didn't notice Joy because she was just too young then.

He rushed to know Jessa better and began a courtship. 11 months later he proposed. But I think he would have been a better match with Joy. In a non fundie setting I think Ben and Jessa would have broken up, and after 1-2 years he would have ended up with Joy who seems to be someone more layed back and fun loving. Ironically, they had amazing chemistry when Joy did his hair before he proposed to Jessa.

What about Kelly and Andrea from the Ah the life blog. They are the sisters in their mid to late 30s, I think, who are still at home, waiting. They look normal, but neither has an education or a job. Perhaps an older Arndt manboy or two for them? I can't think of too many other available men the ages of Kelly and Andrea. Are there some Staddons or Wallers, perhaps?

What about Kelly and Andrea from the Ah the life blog. They are the sisters in their mid to late 30s, I think, who are still at home, waiting. They look normal, but neither has an education or a job. Perhaps an older Arndt manboy or two for them? I can't think of too many other available men the ages of Kelly and Andrea. Are there some Staddons or Wallers, perhaps?

Donald Staddon is 36 I think, but yes, the Reins "girls" are the female manboys... womangirls? 

That's perfect! They need to be introduced. Where do the Reins live? Anywhere near southern Illinois?

Nope, they live in Texas. And there is no way in hell Pa Reins would ever allow his girls to date- he's said as much. They're captives for life. I find it very interesting that their older sister Dawn managed to move away (she lives in Portland) but remains firmly single. 

That's perfect! They need to be introduced. Where do the Reins live? Anywhere near southern Illinois?

Nope, they live in Texas. And there is no way in hell Pa Reins would ever allow his girls to date- he's said as much. They're captives for life. I find it very interesting that their older sister Dawn managed to move away (she lives in Portland) but remains firmly single. 

Any suitor interested in the SAHD Reins women should prepare himself for a lifetime of coping with their health problems. Their FB pages are chock full of posts about "leaky gut," Lyme disease, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, alternative "we hate western medicine" health care, and testimonials about something called "Plexus Slim," which appears to be the latest rage in fundie multi-level marketing circles. Apparently, Plexus Slim is the miracle cure for everything from Type 1 diabetes to cancer to depression. WHO KNEW??? (Hmmm...wonder why we haven't seen anything about it on the front page of the New York Times?) 

Sarah Malley and... a Disney Prince:kitty-wink: (Not Naveen) 

Real life wise, Anna deserves restitution for marrying Josh. Wish we could clone Chad Paine, orrr maybe JD?

http://i46.tinypic.com/2nqr0ux.jpg

And Priscilla + John-David Duggar (I think those two would just get each other, they would understand each other)

Wow. that is the most fabulous picture ever.

Not gonna lie, Davey and Robert look like they're at their wedding or something. 

I'm interested to know how Kaeleigh Holt and Josh Duggar would of turned out (in an alternative universe perhaps)
Michelle Seewald and Josiah Duggar. 
Lori and Candy(eyes2jesus)

2nqr0ux.jpg

WHY are those bowties so large? Not to mention shiny and glittery. But they do look so happy together!

I guess on top of everything else, fundies don't know how to bowtie. At least David's is in the right general shape of one; Robert's looks like a Christmas cracker.

I have a feeling the PP would be physically abusive if the woman didn't do what he said. I'm not sure I would wish a strong willed woman on him. Or a weak willed one. Or an average one. Or a woman at all. Maybe a pet rock.

I've thought the same thing about PP, he seems like the abusive type to me.

PP is put in a Big Brother type house with Erika Shupe. There are tasks and chores and competitions to win luxury food budgets. He know EVERYTHING about everything but, hang on, so does she!!!!! 

Who'd crack first?

I think the Botkin girls have long since realized that they have a better life now than they ever would as wives and mothers to half-educated men children. Plus, I think they recognize that even if they did want to get married, their father would never allow it anyway. I think those two are going to be perpetually the faces of the stay-at-home daughters movement, no matter how old they get. They're lively, interesting, intelligent women and it seems like such a shame that they'll only have each other for companions for the rest of their lives. Maybe that's enough for them, I dunno, but it wouldn't be for most folks.

I always imagine that they'll be like the Baldwin sisters from the Waltons in about 40 years. Living together and Daddy worshiping long after he is dead and gone. 

I always imagine that they'll be like the Baldwin sisters from the Waltons in about 40 years. Living together and Daddy worshiping long after he is dead and gone. 

Minus the Recipe. :my_biggrin:  And that was really the most charming thing about the Baldwin sisters, that two prim and proper old spinsters were making hooch in the back room of their elegant mansion.

Archived