IGNORED

Mark your calendars, Maxwell anti-fast Nov 7!

SPHASH

Steve's latest Seriously post is up, there will be a fast Sat Nov 7 through Nov 8. I think this one is a little shorter. I think I'll do Pizza Ranch again.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I suppose I can take time out of my busy ceiling fan cleaning schedule to make Taco Bell my idol.

Just stumbled on this old thing.

articles.titus2.com/daddy-tape/

There is an exceptional bonding that goes on when a child hears his daddy’s voice frequently.

Let me tell you why those tapes meant so much to my little children. For thirty minutes, they would hear me as I shared my heart with that one particular child, calling him by name. I talked to him heart-to-heart and told him things I wanted him to know. I told him how much I loved him and how important he was to me. I encouraged him to be obedient to his mother and to be kind to his brothers and sisters. I read Scripture to him, talking to him about what the passage meant and how he could obey it. I shared goals I had for him and character that I wanted him to demonstrate. I don’t remember singing on any of the tapes, but that could be very special if there was a song on your heart for that child. A “Daddy Tape†is a wonderful way to multiply yourself and provide some “pseudo†time with a child. Our children loved listening to their “Daddy Tapes,†and I believe that your children will as well.

What the what? Children need a tape to hear their daddy's voice? They will bond with a CD player if Daddy is not around.... He was even too busy or lazy to make a tape for all his kids and update them.

Steve's latest Seriously post is up, there will be a fast Sat Nov 7 through Nov 8. I think this one is a little shorter. I think I'll do Pizza Ranch again.

Oh, good! It's on a weekend so I can spend all day in the kitchen cooking up a multi-course feast. I'm thinking a nice pot roast marinated in red wine with the last of the garden vegetables, maybe an appetizer of wild mushrooms in puff pastry, pear and endive salad, apple pie. . .

What the what? Children need a tape to hear their daddy's voice? They will bond with a CD player if Daddy is not around.... He was even too busy or lazy to make a tape for all his kids and update them.

AmazonGrace, your avatar perfectly expresses how I feel about those damned "Daddy Tapes": NO complete with Grumpy Cat's face.

That was the part that really got me. Somehow he was too busy to make a tape for Anna (I believe it was) so she had to listen to John's tape.

He joked how Anna would laugh that she never got her own tape and was called "John" on her tape.

This is a man who lectures people on how important they're kids are and how they're raising them all wrong?

What a shitty thing to do about something he considers so important, and then to joke about it later.

Anyone think if Anna was a boy Steve would have found the time to make a tape?

Hmm... I'd love to have a nice steak dinner but unfortunately my TMJ won't allow for that so I'll make it for my fiancé (we have reconciled :))! I'll be enjoying lots of pasta and some of my favorite pop tarts! Has anyone tried the red velvet flavor?! It is divine! Full of chemicals and unnatural preservatives! Perfect!

DONE! I'll be on a girls weekend on the 7th, so there will already be a lot of chocolate and wine, with many other treats and mixed drinks at the ready. I'll pour out an offering for the freedom of the Maxwell daughters.

I grinned like a fool when I saw this. I'm in Germany right now on my year abroad for uni, so this is the PERFECT opportunity to stuff my face with pretzels and cake. Who knows, maybe I'll have a bratwurst! Hopefully it won't explode! :lol: :lol:

That's my birthday!

:lol:

You can bet I'll enjoy my feast 8-)

For the menu I was thinking of both pumpkin gnocchi and potatoes gnocchi, then roasted chicken and pork ribs. Torta russa as a cake. Yum!

What's w/ all the fasting!! Is this the 3rd one of the year?

Perhaps they are beseeching God to cure whatever sin in the family that is keeping potential grooms away.....

Just discovered a French patisserie down the street. Pretty sure the Maxwells would not approve of the cakes. 8-)

I just checked the Tits 2 blog. The Corner is up, and at the bottom it says:

Saturday, November 7th, through Sunday, November 15th—a portion or all.

Please, please, PLEASE say this is a typo. An entire fucking week? :pink-shock:

Sucks for them, but we get to anti fast!

Perfect! On November 7th I'll be in a remote cabin with 15 of my friends doing and imbibing in God knows what. God's perfect timing, indeed.

Wow, a whole week of fasting. I think when they announced the last fast, we wondered whether or not the fast would get more and more severe, and that if they did, it was likely a sign of Steve feeling like he's losing control somehow.

A whole week's fast makes me really worried about what might be going on in Maxhell right now.

Saturday is usually my day to eat out and Sunday will probably be one, too, as my daughter is coming up from Columbia. I think a young woman who's had to boil her water since Sunday deserves a nice meal.

Fortunately, she's has had running water to boil. It's still not pleasant to be under a boil water advisory.

ETA: My uncle used to make tapes for his wife and kids when he was in Viet Nam during the war. My youngest cousin was only 3 at the time and it was good for them all to hear my daddy's/husband's voice. Being away from your family is about the only reason I could understand for making tapes like my uncle did. I can't understand it at all if you can just hold them on your lap and talk to them.

How is this fast going to be undertaken? Are they only fasting from solids? Or fasting from junk food? Or all food? I'm curious as to Steves fasting rules. One week of fasting can be unsafe if you take a too extreme approach. I wonder if Anna is on liquid smoothie duty all week of the fast. Wonder if that's permissible. So many questions...

Hmm... I'd love to have a nice steak dinner but unfortunately my TMJ won't allow for that so I'll make it for my fiancé (we have reconciled :))! I'll be enjoying lots of pasta and some of my favorite pop tarts! Has anyone tried the red velvet flavor?! It is divine! Full of chemicals and unnatural preservatives! Perfect!

I'm happy for you and your fiancé!

Ah, yes...the red velvet pop tart. I may have, once or twice, spread cream cheese frosting on the bottoms so they stick together to make a pop tart sandwich. Bad days call for heavy measures.

The pumpkin pie flavor that's out right now is tasty, too.

I try not to eat them often, but they remain a favorite from my childhood. I think a box or two should see me through the fast!

Wow, a whole week of fasting. I think when they announced the last fast, we wondered whether or not the fast would get more and more severe, and that if they did, it was likely a sign of Steve feeling like he's losing control somehow.

A whole week's fast makes me really worried about what might be going on in Maxhell right now.

Ditto. And now I'm torn, because there's always that fear that Steve's building up to something and dragging his entire family over the precipice. But OTOH, crazies gonna crazy and why should that impede my enjoyment of life, especially when I could be indulging in burger obscenities like these:

o.jpg

I've had the one on the right before. On the first day, I ate the bacon, the sausage, and the chips. On the second day, I had two of the patties and some of the garnishes. On the third, it was down to the size of a normal burger. So however long Steve drags it out, I guess I have options.

Well the fast is on my birthday so I'll be eating plenty of cake and yummy food. Screw you, Stevie!

Perhaps they are beseeching God to cure whatever sin in the family that is keeping potential grooms away.....

It's probably the Idol of Fasting. :lol:

Archived