IGNORED

Elissa and Joseph Maxwell Baby Thread - Calia Grace Maxwell is here

0 kids n not countin

Calia, huh.

My thought immediately went to Meryl Streep in that "dingo-ate-my-baybeh" movie. The baby they had after the one the Dingo ate was named Khalia - kal-lee-ya.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The name also reminds me of the cartoon/ book character "Caillou." Now that Steve has been made aware of that, to what will he change the child's name? She cannot be called Gracie; he already assigned that name to NR Anna's sister, didn't he?? He could decree the child will be called C.G. But there was that Knots Landing character, Cigi, so that's WAAAAY too sinful.

I bet he calls her Kelly. Just because he can.

The name also reminds me of the cartoon/ book character "Caillou." Now that Steve has been made aware of that, to what will he change the child's name? She cannot be called Gracie; he already assigned that name to NR Anna's sister, didn't he?? He could decree the child will be called C.G. But there was that Knots Landing character, Cigi, so that's WAAAAY too sinful.

I bet he calls her Kelly. Just because he can.

And Calia is a very un-Maxwell type of workout wear Carrie Underwood promotes.

http://www.caliastudio.com/home/index.jsp

No exercising in long skirts there, Steve.

Calia, huh.

My thought immediately went to Meryl Streep in that "dingo-ate-my-baybeh" movie. The baby they had after the one the Dingo ate was named Khalia - kal-lee-ya.

Off topic....I'm sorry but.... this was a movie???? OMG! I finally understand that Seinfeld where Elaine says, "Maybe a dingo ate your baby" in that Australian accent! I've quoted it for years, but I have never realized she was referencing a movie! LOL! I just found the movie on IMDb! :cracking-up:

Now, back to baby Calia Grace. So creative for a Maxwell baby name! I'm impressed! I actually do think Joseph sounds affectionate, for a Maxwell. He calls Calia "a little doll," and his explanation of her name is sweet.

Off topic....I'm sorry but.... this was a movie???? OMG! I finally understand that Seinfeld where Elaine says, "Maybe a dingo ate your baby" in that Australian accent! I've quoted it for years, but I have never realized she was referencing a movie! LOL! I just found the movie on IMDb! :cracking-up:

Now, back to baby Calia Grace. So creative for a Maxwell baby name! I'm impressed! I actually do think Joseph sounds affectionate, for a Maxwell. He calls Calia "a little doll," and his explanation of her name is sweet.

Not just a movie. It's a true story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_ ... hamberlain

It's a very pretty name, imo. I think they'll pronounce it CAL-yuh, because Steve will declare that pronouncing it Cah-LEE-uh would be making an idol out of syllables or something. The bow is, of course, ridiculous.

Re: Elissa and Joseph Maxwell Baby Thread - Calia Grace Maxw

PostAuthor: banjobaby » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:29 pm

Mela99 wrote:

Calia, huh.

Off topic....I'm sorry but.... this was a movie???? OMG! I finally understand that Seinfeld where Elaine says, "Maybe a dingo ate your baby" in that Australian accent! I've quoted it for years, but I have never realized she was referencing a movie! LOL!

ROTFL, I totally didn't realize this was from a movie either, I only heard it on the Seinfeld episode too. :cracking-up: :lol4:

Not just a movie. It's a true story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_ ... hamberlain

And a very long story at that. It dominated our media off and on for years and years. Linda Chamberlain suffered the worst trial by media I have ever seen, and purely because she didn't act in front of the TV cameras and media the way they thought a grieving mother should.

The movie is awful, awful, awful. I love Meryl Streep and admire her talent for nailing accents, but our Aussie accent was one I felt Meryl mangled. It is pretty hard to capture though I think...Then again, maybe people whose native tongue she has done before also feel the same, I don't know.

Scary how much Joseph looks like a younger version of Stevehovah in this picture:DSC_95761-425x284.jpg

I think he looks like Mary's twin in this pic.

Those headbands should be illegal.

That's a horrific story in every way! I had no idea. Thank you for the information. I don't think I can ever mimic Elaine talking about the dingoes again. I saw a coyote carry off a cat one time, and it was awful to witness. But a baby? I'm not ever planning to watch that movie!

Scary how much Joseph looks like a younger version of Stevehovah in this picture:DSC_95761-425x284.jpg

That's scary, he so does look like Steve. And I could imagine Elissa looking like Teri in 20 or so years. Drab and worn out.

Joseph always looks awkward with Elissa. Far too clingy and hands everywhere. Really though, he's a 13yo boy with his first girlfriend and he just doesn't have a clue.

I actually think this is a better photo of Joseph than othets. He is still doing the grabby thing with his hands, but his eyes look relaxed and not scary/stary.

I think something said a similar thing about Christopher, that he seemed to relax and look genuinely happy in marriage.

I don't doubt that the Maxmen continue their warped ideology into their adult lives, but at least marriage frees them into making at least some of their own choices. I predict John will soon follow and will be the first to actually fully choose his own partner without Steve's prior approval. The SAM Sisters are emotionally screwed though, unless Steve says otherwise.

Disturbing the way Joseph seems to be pinning Elissa down in the picture. Just strange way he's got his hands on her.

I thought the same thing. I scrolled through some of my photos to see just what is different than the way my husband touches me in a picture. If he has his hand(s) on me, it is in an open palm, relaxed way with his hand just resting comfortably on me.

The way Josoeph places his hands on Elissa often mimics the way a person GRABS somebody. It actually makes me think he's going to tighten his grip and drag her out of the room at any moment. To me, that embrace looks possessive, not loving and comfortable. She just gave birth - she's not going anywhere, Joe!!

(Okay, I'll come clean. When I noticed his hands, I zoomed in to look for bruises on Elissa's arms.)

Edited for typo.

Agree!

It does look like there was no room for him to stand next or behind the chair, but they still wanted to take a picture of the whole family and this is the best he could do to look like he's embracing his family. Well, at least they did not ask Elissa to stand up for the pic...

And uh, the Maxwell crazy eyes...never cease to make me want to run from my computer.

IIRC, Sarah said awhile back they were not going to find out the gender of the baby, so when Calia was born a girl, someone must have provided the headband for the photos. So they already have it on hand just in case?

I think it's interesting they aren't showing what Calia is wearing underneath the bedsheet she seems to be wrapped in that doesn't look at all like a baby blanket. So many questions, here.

Calia is very daring as a Maxname. And Grace - eek! Mercy or Judgement would be more Maxwellian, surely!

Well done Elissa, for exercising choice there. Keep it up! :D

I suppose they just thought that Grace is a very typical fundie name/middle name (see Meredith Duggar). And Christina's middle name is Mercy, so that one's been taken.

And yeah, with the rest of you on the Calia choice. Wonder where that came from? Abigail, Bethany, Christina, Andrew, Joshua, Ruth and Anne, and then Lydia are all Biblical. Well, I don't think Christina is directly, but it's a traditional name and it's got the word "Christ" in it so...

I bet Elissa had a hand in this.

Also: the Maxwell kids seem to have a propensity towards producing girls. 6 girls and 2 boys. I know it's only early days but it's interesting. (Do we count Susannah in this? So that's seven vs two).

Joseph always looks awkward with Elissa. Far too clingy and hands everywhere. Really though, he's a 13yo boy with his first girlfriend and he just doesn't have a clue.

Agree!

It's a very pretty name, imo. I think they'll pronounce it CAL-yuh, because Steve will declare that pronouncing it Cah-LEE-uh would be making an idol out of syllables or something. The bow is, of course, ridiculous.

In the comments on the post, someone asked about pronunciation. The reply was "Cal-ee-uh".

"Cal’-ee-uh" according to the blog. So not ka-LEE-uh or kal-ya. Hmmm. Well, okay.

Hopefully they'll just end up calling her Calli so nobody has to work that hard at figuring it out and she doesn't go through her life correcting people about it.

I don't know how much I want to read into Joseph's hand positioning. I have a feeling Sarah or Christopher posed him, which is why he looks so awkward. I could be wrong, but that's the explanation that seems likely to me. That, and Joseph just seems like an awkward guy. He's always seemed that way to me.

Archived