IGNORED

Elissa and Joseph Maxwell Baby Thread - Calia Grace Maxwell is here

0 kids n not countin

The headband... wow. She looks like a little coal miner.

Calia is a nice name, and she is very cute. Such a shame she was born into such a clusterfuck. I hope her future turns out a lot brighter than we might have reason to believe now. And yeah, she's tiny... I'm guessing she went early, though Elissa herself seems like a very petite woman.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think someone predicted Grace as a middle name, didn't they?

Calia is an unusual choice for the Maxwells, but I'm guessing that's Elissa's influence.

Elissa looks tired, but okay.

I hope life isn't too hard for little Calia. We know, at least, she will be ignored by her grandfather, thankfully.

They also live a whole mile away from Maxwell Central, not just across the yard. I imagine it will be much harder to fit Grandparents playtime into the schedule when travel time is required.

I'm guessing Steve and Teri won't approve of the unusual name and will commence their usual passive aggressive routine.

That's a sweet little baby wearing a god awful headband - it's huge even by fundie standards. I'm wondering if she came early - she's very small

They also live a whole mile away from Maxwell Central, not just across the yard. I imagine it will be much harder to fit Grandparents playtime into the schedule when travel time is required.

One can only hope.

That makes me wonder - do they have to schedule in travel time? Even if it is only a 2 minute walk?

I thought the due date was mid-Oct. Oh well. Calia I'm so sorry you were born in Maxhell. Hopefully on Oct 4, 2033 you can escape.

One can only hope.

That makes me wonder - do they have to schedule in travel time? Even if it is only a 2 minute walk?

Joseph is the rebel... His house is a mile and some change from the compound, if I recall correctly.

One can only hope.

This is the Maxwells, I'm fairly certain they schedule time to fart.

Calia is pretty (and it's fairly popular right now -- I have 2 friends who have named their babies Calia in the past 2 years). Hopefully that was Elissa's choice.

And a teeny baby, but Elissa is a teeny woman so not surprising. Hate the headband.

Out of the three married Maxwell sons Joseph holds the record for shooting his seed and hitting the target the fastest, 13 months after the wedding.

Calia is pretty (and it's fairly popular right now -- I have 2 friends who have named their babies Calia in the past 2 years). Hopefully that was Elissa's choice.

And a teeny baby, but Elissa is a teeny woman so not surprising. Hate the headband.

How do they pronounce it?

I think it's a nice name, and I love the name Grace. :)

How do they pronounce it?

I think it's a nice name, and I love the name Grace. :)

Both of my friends with Calia babies pronounce it ka-LEE-uh. One of them calls her daughter Calli, which I think is cute, but her full name is spelled Calliyah.

Both of my friends with Calia babies pronounce it ka-LEE-uh. One of them calls her daughter Calli, which I think is cute, but her full name is spelled Calliyah.

Very cute! :)

Calia is very daring as a Maxname. And Grace - eek! Mercy or Judgement would be more Maxwellian, surely!

Well done Elissa, for exercising choice there. Keep it up! :D

Not surprised that they named her something like Calia. From the day Elissa chose lime green and purple as her wedding colors, I knew she had flair. Makes you wonder what career path she would have chosen if she hadn't been railroaded by her parents into the fundie lifestyle.

Where's the baby? All I see is a big, honkin headband. Why, Why, WHY?

I don't like the name Calia, Grace is a beautiful name though. Glad she's a healthy baby and a girl... At least she'll be ignored by Steve. Hope Joseph is influenced by Elissa and that lil girl will have some sort of freedom...

I don't like the name Calia, Grace is a beautiful name though. Glad she's a healthy baby and a girl... At least she'll be ignored by Steve. Hope Joseph is influenced by Elissa and that lil girl will have some sort of freedom...

Ohmygod. I'm watching TV and just clicked in the thread without paying attention. I glance at my screen and see this post and the first thing I see is "Hope Joseph". I was like "...They didn't. Hope Joseph?!?" Lol. Then I actually read the thread.

I would have said CAL-ee-ah

I would have said CAL-ee-ah

Yes, i think I like that pronunciation better. ka-LEE-uh sounds too close to kahlua and while I like kahlua, I wouldn't name a child after it. Though I did have a nice cat once named Drambuie. :wink-kitty:

Especially the poor girls!

I'm also surprised none of the boys have been named after either Steve or their fathers, although at the moment there are only two boys so plenty of time.

Steve being as controlling as he is, maybe he has decided which son's son gets to be his namesake and that son isn't married or doesn't have a son yet.

I wonder if the married children have to run their name choices past Steve and Teri for approval before they are allowed to officially put it on their names list.

Calia is a cute little thing and I'm glad Elissa is doing well but, my goodness, Joseph wrote that post as though he was reporting the scores of weekend ballgames. "Her bundle of joy???" :? "For those interested in details..."? :?

I can't help but think of my son's best friend, who recently became a father for the second time (a girl this time!). His announcement on Facebook nearly made me weep. He was overflowing with joy and pride at "the most beautiful baby girl in the world...."

Contrast that with Joseph's "eh....we had a baby. It's a girl". I wonder if he would be this unmoved by a boy or if his lack of enthusiasm is just because it is a girl. Of course, His recounting of their courtship was rather cold and without emotion as well. I guess this is just what Maxwell men are like when it comes to their families. Sad. Very sad.

I do hope Elissa's mother will be allowed to see her new grandchild soon.

Another girl to piss Steve off. What oh what did you do wrong to keep getting girls?!? :lol: Your granddaughters will marry into new families and your empire will crumble away....

Pretty name. Many wishes you'll be able to live the life you want and not be defined as someone's "helpmeet".

Google search on pronunciation turns up ka-LEE-ah

Oops, lost the link. Anyway, I like it bcz it reminds me of Calista Flockhart, another tiny thing who's about as patriarchal as my left heel.

I dont like the headband. It weighs more than the baby.

I think someone predicted Grace as a middle name, didn't they?

Calia is an unusual choice for the Maxwells, but I'm guessing that's Elissa's influence.

Elissa looks tired, but okay.

I hope life isn't too hard for little Calia. We know, at least, she will be ignored by her grandfather, thankfully.

I did a couple of pages ago, but thought Rachael or Rebecca for a first name. Oh well, almost guessed it.

OMG that headband is really ridiculous. There's a picture called "the happy family" or some crap, and it shows Joseph, Elissa and a headband..

I'm glad she arrived safely, and that Elissa is well, but it's sad to think of another Maxwell baby created to be absorbed into the Borg collective of long skirts, scheduling and bean burritos.

Archived