IGNORED

Planned Parenthood’s Leader Pushes Back Against G.O.P

doggie

on the Rachel maddow show she showed how the PP director was grilled by a idiot GOP guy he claimed her supplied data showed abortions were increasing dramatically and the data was direct from the papers supplied. but the idiot forgot to remove the source printed right at the bottom was some anti abortion group not from the real papers. he made a huge ass out of himself. Should nail him for such a blatant lie .

Not in US here - can you explain a bit more? Did Rachel Maddow(?) accept his statistics? Was he challenged?

Not in US here - can you explain a bit more? Did Rachel Maddow(?) accept his statistics? Was he challenged?

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, the president, Cecile Richards, faced off against conservative lawmakers who are seeking to strip federal funding from Planned Parenthood

a GOP idiot tried ti produce proof of more abortions he said he has the figures directly from her reports she provided. But right on the bottom of the report was where it came from a anti abortion group not from PP

here I found it nice video of the lie.

here is the grqaph

https://twitter.com/Bound4LIFE/status/6 ... _src=twsrc^tfw

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/congressman- ... parenthood

During her testimony before a congressional committee Tuesday, Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards called out Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz for displaying a slide that showed a graph created by an anti-abortion group, rather than a neutral source. Richards had good reason to be skeptical of the image, which turns out to be stunningly misleading.

As part of a contentious back-and-forth in which Chaffetz repeatedly cut off Richards, the congressman displayed a slide with a graph that looked like this:

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, the president, Cecile Richards, faced off against conservative lawmakers who are seeking to strip federal funding from Planned Parenthood

a GOP idiot tried ti produce proof of more abortions he said he has the figures directly from her reports she provided. But right on the bottom of the report was where it came from a anti abortion group not from PP

here I found it nice video of the lie.

here is the grqaph

https://twitter.com/Bound4LIFE/status/6 ... _src=twsrc^tfw

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/congressman- ... parenthood

During her testimony before a congressional committee Tuesday, Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards called out Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz for displaying a slide that showed a graph created by an anti-abortion group, rather than a neutral source. Richards had good reason to be skeptical of the image, which turns out to be stunningly misleading.

As part of a contentious back-and-forth in which Chaffetz repeatedly cut off Richards, the congressman displayed a slide with a graph that looked like this:

at which point your post ended.....can we get the graphic?

What may annoy me most, is the way the right-to lifers will downright lie to advance their point of view - but if a pro-choicer did the same - OH THE HYPOCRISY. They are also engaging in threatening behaviour - as far as I see on TV, not living in the US.They obstruct public rights of way (access to clinics) amd seem to have no idea of all the other work PP does.

On a tangent, has anyone read Freakonomics? Which makes a case Roe v Wade is the reason for the drop in crime figures in the 90s.Don't actually agree, but interesting reading!

Dear doggie -

Don't forget my favorite part! The part where a Republican - pretty sure it was Chaffetz - dragged his dead parents into by claiming federal funding for PP could have saved them had the money gone to cancer research instead. . .

. . . Completely overlooking the fact that part of what PP does is preventative care and cancer-screenings. And the fact that the money they receive from the Government goes towards reimbursing PP for wellness services (not abortion) provided to low-income Americans who have a form of Government Insurance. . . which, you know, is kind of normal business practice.

The stupid is strong with this one. :angry-banghead:

Dear doggie -

Don't forget my favorite part! The part where a Republican - pretty sure it was Chaffetz - dragged his dead parents into by claiming federal funding for PP could have saved them had the money gone to cancer research instead. . .

. .

yes and I bet he would not even support money for cancer research.

And these political groups attach themselves to a specific Xtian group.Raised in the UK, where talking about your religious faith is on a par with discussing your salary or your sex life,I find the "christian" element in US politics very strange. I am emphasising "christian" because every second person in the US seems to have their own version of a Xtian faith,none of which to me are easily recognisable - but I am so deeply embarrassed by the antics of some of the TV preachers! I really truly do not understand how some people fall for the so obvious money grab, the pre-arranged miracles, the so obvious lack of christian humility and kindness exhibited by these clowns......and they then tell you how to vote!

tv preachers

I watched the Chaffetz video and when Ms. Richards told him he needed to check his sources, I let out a loud, obnoxious long "HAAAAAAA!!!" I'm glad I wasn't in a public place.

I know lying is fine as long as you are doing gods work.

My fundie inlaw once told my husband that "the end justifies the means" in these "culture wars." Meanwhile, he is adamant that non conservatives have situational ethics and thus are evil.

Here is a report from the state of Missouri Attorney General, proving that their state did NOT break the law. From what I can tell, no state that has investigated Planned Parenthood has found any wrong doing.

.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/us/planned-parenthood-fetal-tissue-missouri.html?_r=0

And here's a corrected version of the graph, using the original data and accurate scales on the axes:

planned_parenthood_corrected.jpg?1443569452

but that does not look as bad so we can't show that one.

but that does not look as bad so we can't show that one.

Also keep in mind that some of the Planned Parenthood offices have been shut down during this timeframe.

Anyone with a brain will know that the majority of "fetuses" used in prolife propaganda, are stillborn or babies who died before being born. I think it's sick to use another woman's pain for your pleasure

Not to mention abortions increased during the "abstainance only" years and most other options for abortions were shut down in many states.

TBH as a pro choice woman I don't even give a damn what they were doing with the dead foetuses as long as the women consented to it.

And I'm annoyed that we have to justify the 3% abortions. I don't think providing abortions is at all a bad thing.

And I think eating a bacon cheeseburger or fried chicken is more murderous than a first trimester abortion. Sorry, GOP.

Archived