IGNORED

Name your avatar?

Whoosh

My avatar is the cover of the booklet ‘To Train your Wife”. If you want some serious WTF moments, google it and read. You’ll giggle at the absurdity, until you realize it’s meant seriously.

And wow, Whoosh! XTC…

I have such an OMG story about them.
As a young girl, I decided upon the name I wanted to give my firstborn son. Happily, DH agreed. When my son was born a couple of years later, the very first thing I heard on the radio was XTC, singing “We’re only making plans for…”

And yes, that was the very name we gave him!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My avatar is John Crichton, human from Florida, astronaut for IASA, and a member of Moya's crew from the 90s television show Farscape. I couldn't think of a screen name when I registered here until the following popped into my head:

image.jpg.e0e07b7796ef4e77b527d880da355a

This is Frank. The cartoon that he is from says, on the bottom, "Frank was not like other sheep." Frank has a pirate hat, and an eye patch and I don't know why I'm so amused by this cartoon, but I am.

• 4 months later...

Cameron Phillips, Best Terminator.  She's from the TV show Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and is played by Summer Glau.  (Sarah Connor is played by Lena Heady.)  She self identifies as a cybernetic organism, and is also called 'a really scary robot', and - by Sarah - 'Tin Miss'.

Her hobbies include not sleeping, being unintentionally creepy, protecting John Connor, creepily watching John Connor sleep, and killing humans, particularly any that threaten the security of John Connor, or the ones that took her favourite purple jacket.

On November 4, 2015 at 10:56 AM, happy atheist said:

Mine is Chairman Mao, but he's looking at something amusing on his phone so he's LMAO.

The tiara was added later when I did something (can't remember exactly what) that particularly pleased @Curious. It was suggested that I had earned a crown, so I had my husband whip one up for me.

Ok, I realize I am way late to this party, but all this time I thought your avatar was Bobby Hill in a tiara. Chairman Mao makes much more sense. (I feel like a moron.) :my_blush: 

• 4 weeks later...

@lillymuffin, I always thought @happy atheist's icon was from King of the Hill, too!!

Mine is Tina from Bob's Burgers. She and I are both smart, strong, sensual women so it seems appropriate. Plus butts.

woohoo!  it took me only 2 years, but i finally found a <1mb photo and figured out how to upload it. this is a random cat photo from the interwebs, but my tabby cat looks a lot like this one, and is laying in the same position right now.

• 1 month later...

I couldn't find a photo I really liked for the longest time, but settled on a picture of my favorite 21 Jump Streeter, Doug Penhall. I loved his What The Heck look, which I sport much of the day everyday.

Archived