IGNORED

Name your avatar?

Whoosh

Mine is a close encounter with Smuggles.  I've had various Buzzards, but for some reason settled on this one when we switched over to this forum.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little Edie Beale of Grey Gardens fame.  Jackie O's first cousin.

She was a woman ahead of her time who made the best of her situation and always knew what would be the best costume for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is Marita Covarrubias from The X-Files, played by Laurie Holden. I've always liked the character, and I chose this particular image because she looks like she's about to snortlaugh at something ridiculous.

Mine is a close-up from the John Williams Waterhouse painting "The Crystal Ball." It features a richly-dressed Renaissance-y woman gazing into a crystal ball, with some various magical accoutrements in the background (a skull, what is probably a spellbook, etc.). It seemed very Morgan le Fay-ish to me, and she's one of my favorite characters in medieval lit.

Mine is Eddie Izzard, stand up comedian, actor, multiple marathon runner, executive transvestite, and generally good egg. 'Covered in bees' is a quote from his stand up.

Love him! Got to see one of his shows a couple of years ago and it was just fabulous. Great guy.

Sea-horse herd I found on the internet. Once I get my tank settled down I shall hopefully be a proper sea-horse owner.

Mine is a random picture of a cluster of cats I found on the Google.  There's not 19 in there, but if someone has a good image with 19 cats in it, let me know.  

(My screen name is a parody of the Duggars TV show name.  If there were a single woman with 19 cats that got any sort of media attention, she'd be called crazy.  But one, now two, families with 19 kids each get rewarded with reality shows.)

And mine is also a random cat. I like him because he exudes smugness and boredom, while feigning interest and fascination. It takes a lot to impress him but, sometimes, some of you do. 

• 2 weeks later...

Phil Ochs now.  In honor of what would have been his 75th birthday this month.

Love Phil Ochs.  Here's one from him from the 1960s that is timely although everyone won't 100% agree.

Well I use 2, the one I have now is a horse, that will one day be a Unicorn. Oh my love for this creative yearning horse, I too will one day be a size 3 again....

My other one I like even better but I suck at cropping so I cant get the entire picture in. So when it is my Avatar all you see is the words at the top "I Don't always smile" with a picture of a smiling toddler.. Confusing right?

On one of the other threads everyone was going on and on about how Bradley Bates is sooo cute, and how he is the measure of cuteness for all other kids and so on and so forth, well I disagree, so it is a take off on the Most Interesting Man Alive commercials, I Don't always drink beer but when I do...

1212121212122.png

Mine is some mangos, both prepared and not. I like mango, and it's also one of my favourite Body Shop scents. I have almost the entire Mango range, it's mad really. (Plus I have about eight of their lipglosses, even though they're £7 per tube. Da fuck kind of pricing is that??)

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2015 at 9:56 AM, happy atheist said:

Mine is Chairman Mao, but he's looking at something amusing on his phone so he's LMAO.

The tiara was added later when I did something (can't remember exactly what) that particularly pleased @Curious. It was suggested that I had earned a crown, so I had my husband whip one up for me.

I'll be damned, I thought it was Bill Dauterive from King of the Hill.  With Bill out of my tired mind, I do see it's the Chairman lol . :pb_redface:

13 hours ago, ALM7 said:

I'll be damned, I thought it was Bill Dauterive from King of the Hill.  With Bill out of my tired mind, I do see it's the Chairman lol . :pb_redface:

LOL

I, in turn, had no idea that was BEA ARTHUR.  :shock:

I started this thread when I had no avatar, but I guess I should explain mine.  It is a still from a video that came out when I was in High School that really captured my thoughts at the time about some people's idea of what a god might be if one existed.  Hope that makes sense.

If anyone is interested, the band is XTC and the song is Dear God.  The message is basically (in my mind) this - if there is a God, it is surely not this God some people describe.

ETA - WARNING - some may find it offensive?  

On 12/4/2015 at 7:37 PM, Catey said:

Well I use 2, the one I have now is a horse, that will one day be a Unicorn. Oh my love for this creative yearning horse, I too will one day be a size 3 again....

My other one I like even better but I suck at cropping so I cant get the entire picture in. So when it is my Avatar all you see is the words at the top "I Don't always smile" with a picture of a smiling toddler.. Confusing right?

On one of the other threads everyone was going on and on about how Bradley Bates is sooo cute, and how he is the measure of cuteness for all other kids and so on and so forth, well I disagree, so it is a take off on the Most Interesting Man Alive commercials, I Don't always drink beer but when I do...

1212121212122.png

I tried just resizing it for you.  (It's all there and should be sized for an avatar - it's just hard to read at this size.)

Don't know if this helps or not, but thought it's worth a go.

568af5c840e88_smileresized.png.b0fb00bc4

3 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

I tried just resizing it for you.  (It's all there and should be sized for an avatar - it's just hard to read at this size.)

Don't know if this helps or not, but thought it's worth a go.

568af5c840e88_smileresized.png.b0fb00bc4

Here's another version (can you tell I'm feeling photo edit creative?)

568b227371445_smileREVISED2.png.f829d234

On 11/4/2015 at 9:56 AM, happy atheist said:

Mine is Chairman Mao, but he's looking at something amusing on his phone so he's LMAO.

The tiara was added later when I did something (can't remember exactly what) that particularly pleased @Curious. It was suggested that I had earned a crown, so I had my husband whip one up for me.

16 hours ago, ALM7 said:

This is getting freaky. While getting my daily dose, of The Daily Beast, I ran across this image. Low and behold, it was Happy Atheist, in a crop field.

.http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2016/01/04/photo-of-the-day.html

ha.jpg.b608e4b4c7ab25113ac818523b72885b.

Okay...I'll stop lol.

On 1/5/2016 at 3:13 PM, happy atheist said:

The camera adds 10 pounds. And about 50 feet.

Did you see it was destroyed?

Archived