IGNORED

Name your avatar?

Whoosh

Mine is the incredibly talented Alan Cumming, as the Emcee in Cabaret the musical.

* edited to add that there is NOTHING fundie about him... :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine is the incredibly talented Alan Cumming, as the Emcee in Cabaret the musical.

* edited to add that there is NOTHING fundie about him... :lol:

i love alan cumming. he is just so...fantastic.

Mine is Commander Shepard from the video game series Mass Effect. Badass woman (or man, depending on which you choose for your protagonist) who fights to save the galaxy! It's a seriously character and story heavy game especially for a shooter, and that's one of the reasons that it's amazing.

I love Femshep

Mine is the bassist in Led Zeppelin, John Paul Jones. He had a terrible/hilarious hair style in the movie concert, "The Song Remains the Same" and his expression in my avatar is just so perfect. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My avatar is Ken Ham (infamous founder of Discovery Institute / author of "The Lie: Evolution" / adamant propagator of literal Genesis / young-earth Creation / backer of Creation Museum) with a plastic dinosaur sculpture.

I cropped this from the image "Ken Ham / the poster writes itself" that pops up as a Google result for "Ken Ham is bad".

Ken Ham bothers me even more than the Duggars do because he attempts to put scientific respectability on crazy, and his utter bullshit fools way too many people. 

Shirley Jones, as Marian (The Librarian) Paroo in Meredith Willson's "The Music Man." Her character is the "Sadder But Wiser Girl" who can see bullshit coming from a mile away, and uses her research skills to confirm and name it. I channel her here.

[bBvideo 560,340:8v9gkcv3]

[/bBvideo]

"How can ignorance be compared to bliss?" :lol:

I have admired your screenname and avatar since I joined! I was in the Music Man in High School and always liked Marian as a character. Although, for the longest time after I would read one of your posts I would get the song stuck in my head. 

My avatar is just a picture I drew of myself as a child for a comic I made a couple years ago. It's not the best thing I've ever drawn, but it somehow seemed fitting. 

My avatar is a picture of me (hopefully pretty filtered out) taken by my seven-year old nephew ...he found and downloaded some Spiderman photo filters on my phone.  he and his twin brother have very limited screen time at home, so at our house, with mom and dad's permission, they use my iPhone/laptop.

The avatar below is one I use on another forum where I am very active.    I thought about using it here, kept uploading & deleting...but for some reason I hesitated.  The cigarette?  Was the crab harmed in the taking of this picture (no, he/she was deceased).  Is it offensive?  Opinions welcome.      I know people largely by their avatars.  Since I just started posting (although I registered two + years ago and was reading everyday; long story) I wanted to pick wisely.   

SmokingCrab.jpg

Mine is the bassist in Led Zeppelin, John Paul Jones. He had a terrible/hilarious hair style in the movie concert, "The Song Remains the Same" and his expression in my avatar is just so perfect. :lol:

Ha! I always assumed it was a character from a Monty Python movie. 

Damn, that is some hair to be wearing sincerely.

Wait wait. @laPapessaGiovanna, did you paint your avatar yourself?! It is beautiful! 

Mine is a shot from a Chanel spread in the '60s. I like high fashion though I rarely get dolled up, and I enjoy vintage shopping, so many of my pieces are classics and pulled from the deep caverns of a disorganized, dusty shop somewhere. (Can you say, vintage fur coat for $50? Yep!) Or eBay :pb_lol: She is just enough sass for me, with a hint of anonymity. I have a classically-eclectic style, so she is right up my alley! 

Wait wait. @laPapessaGiovannaessaGiovanna, did you paint your avatar yourself?! It is beautiful! 

Thanks. It's only a copy of a famous painting that I re-made adding my personal pov, nothing truly original.  But I like it very much even if it's not my best piece, plus my daughter is convinced that it's my portrait (probability because it hangs on the wall next to a portrait of my sister) and it's a quite desacrating idea of the Virgin Mary so I thought it was perfect as my fj avatar.

I wanted to go to the Accademia delle Belle Arti (a sort of university for artists) after the high school but in the end I chose a more remunerative (not by much unfortunately) path and painting is my favourite hobby. Sometimes I wonder,  what if I went to the Accademia? 

ETA in my imagination you have black unruly curly hair!

Mine has changed.  It is now Spooky.  My cat.  Referred to at times at Her Royal Highness (or the Queen) and the diva.  I used it at the shelter, then picked it up from there for nanowrimo this year and it has gravitated elsewhere - including here.  

I present to all you fine folk. . . Philosoraptor! The greatest and wisest of the Dinosaurs, who gallivanted around Galilee with Jesus and waits with rapt attention for the second coming of our Scaly Lord and Savior!

a-philosoraptor-funny-memes.jpg

CJ Cregg from The West Wing. She's speaking to the press in the picture, which to me is terrifying. She's one of my favorite TV characters from one of my favorite TV shows.

Fearless Astrid Hofferson of the amazing series How to train you dragon. Love those movies. Her character is such a strong one and the main two Hiccup and Astrid are completely reverse if traditional male and female traits. Also love the movies for having a Handicapped hero that never slows him down. 

Mine's not a person, although there is a little guy in the cartoon.  I picked my name, karma, when I came out of lurkdom after Joshgate - when you guys started talking about the FJ shelter I had to join as I was too addicted to miss my daily Duggar drama fix.  Karma seemed appropriate as if they'd just kept their heads down when Josh told them about the molestations, instead of going ahead with the series, and marketing themselves as perfect parents and a wholesome family, no one would have known or cared about what went on in their lives.  And if the whole robo call thing hadn't happened, the molestations possibly wouldn't have been made public in revenge.  So, Karma, what goes around, comes around, hence the cartoon - thanks google images!

Mines the famous double sun set on tatooine. I first used it at a Starwars message board(boards.theforce.net)

but now I like is so much it fits nearly everywhere that I use it here and other boards too.

Norman Rockwell's Rosie the Riveter.  A nod to my industrious past.  USMC war vet turned oil field trash.  I went over 10 years in a mans world sporting steel toed boots, coveralls & work shirts, and grease under fabulous acrylic nails.

edited for spelling

Mine is Slimey, the Greatest Worm Astronaut Who Ever Explored Space.

...okay, so I gave him that title myself. Slimey the Worm was always my favorite Sesame Street character, and I was pretty darn excited as a kid when he was recruited by WASA (Worm Air and Space Agency) to be part of the crew of the spaceship Wiggleprise ;)

Mine is Chairman Mao, but he's looking at something amusing on his phone so he's LMAO.

The tiara was added later when I did something (can't remember exactly what) that particularly pleased @Curious. It was suggested that I had earned a crown, so I had my husband whip one up for me.

Mine is Eddie Izzard, stand up comedian, actor, multiple marathon runner, executive transvestite, and generally good egg. 'Covered in bees' is a quote from his stand up.

Archived