IGNORED

TLC sponsor list for contacting or boycotting

luv2laugh

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I just saw an article on the Daily Fail that Cici's Pizza, UPS, and Verizon didn't realize their ads were running during Counting On and are angry and pulling them. I'm sorry but LOL

That's right.  Those emails are working and the advertisers are bailing:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggars-19-kids-counting-jill-jessa-counting-on-94783

• Upvote 3

I had emailed Denver mattress and my husband was shocked to get a phone call today from them. I didn't leave our phone number but the corporate office found out who we were by the story of how we bought a mattress recently that I told. They said they bought bulk ads and were not aware it was running during the Duggars and would be requesting not to be aired during the show anymore.

They had to do some detective work to find us and it took them 4 days of digging to find us so I'm hoping this means they are serious about removing ads.

Edited by silverspoons
  • Upvote 21

"Media expert David Johnson, CEO of Strategic Visions, told In Touch that the network is going to have a hard time getting advertisers for Counting On.

“'The Duggars are radioactive right now,' he said. 'People will see that this new show is just a desperate ploy by the Duggars to reclaim the spotlight and hopefully make some dollars off the public.'”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/companies-upset-commericals-ran-duggar-reality-show-article-1.2575563

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

"Media expert David Johnson, CEO of Strategic Visions, told In Touch that the network is going to have a hard time getting advertisers for Counting On.

“'The Duggars are radioactive right now,' he said. 'People will see that this new show is just a desperate ploy by the Duggars to reclaim the spotlight and hopefully make some dollars off the public.'”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/companies-upset-commericals-ran-duggar-reality-show-article-1.2575563

So what seems to have happened is TLC placed ads from companies that had bought blocks of ads without specifying the shows( but perhaps requiring that the ads go to a certain number of viewers based on ratings).

Now these companies are saying that they don't want the ads shown during the Duggar shows.

So TLC has to show these ads at other times (presumably with a certain number of viewers) and must also scramble for other ads during the Duggar show.

I wonder if they will use ads just before and just after the Duggar  show -- so they can tell the sponsors that they are not showing the ads during the show but still "cover" the show in some way.

It makes me wonder why they can't put this same level of energy to developing a really good show instead of staying with the Duggars.

• Upvote 6

I just wanted to say that I found the tags chosen by the New York Daily News to be spot on. They included 'sex crimes' and 'crimes against children' along with the usual Duggar tags. It gives me hope that mainstream media and non-leghumpers won't forget the molestations and what JB, Michelle and their church did to try to shove it all under the carpet.

• Upvote 4

I'm just going to sit here and giggle over the image of radioactive Duggars. Glowing green from all their hairspray...

• Upvote 4

Here's the list of advertisers in Arizona for the 3/29 show.

Universal Pictures X 3

DISH Network

The Addiction Network x 2

TLC Shows x 3

Disney Pictures

Dutch Glow Amish Cleaning Tonic

TLC Shows x 3

TLCME (Interview with Jana and Jinger)

TLC Show x 1

FX Network - Archer

TLC Show x 3

Star Wars on Digital Friday (Not clear on who is the advertisers here)

CanAm Sales Event (not sure who the advertiser is)

The Sentinel Group (Law Firm?)

TLC show x 2

ETA: I am a little surprised to see Disney and DISH Network still advertising.

Edited by Chickenbutt
Aferthought
  • Upvote 2

Im in Nebraska.

Other than TLC promos and random product placements, the biggest advertiser for me is Disney (which includes all the Star Wars stuff)

5 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

Im in Nebraska.

Other than TLC promos and random product placements, the biggest advertiser for me is Disney (which includes all the Star Wars stuff)

Disney owns Discovery Channel and TLC.

Advertisers (4/5/16):

Star Wars DVD

The Boss movie (rated R)

Credit Repair Pros

Culver's

Feldco Windows

TLC promos

• Upvote 1

More advertisers (4/5/16):

TLC promos

Charter Spectrum

RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) WOW! Good for them!

• Upvote 1

More advertisers (4/5/16):

TLC promos

Fruitocracy

The Huntsman's Winter War movie rated PG-13)

Charter Spectrum

Verus Investment Advising Group

Edited by DaysAgo
  • Upvote 1

Advertisers 4/5 in Arizona

Star Wars DVD

Universal the Boss

Credit Repair Pros

Help Hotline for knee/back braces

TLC shows x3

Mothers Day Movie

Match.com

Oxygen Channel - Quit your job

TLC Show x6

Movie Jungle Book

American Idol

Discovery Channel

DISH Network

RAINN Sex Assault Center

TLC Show x1

TLC Show X3

Fruitocracy Juice

Movie The Huntsman

Fuse Channel-Fluffy Breaks Even

Cub Cadet Lawn Mowers

TLC Show x2

• Upvote 1

Advertisers in Nebraska 4/5:

TLC promos x6

Fruitocracy

The Huntsman: Winter War trailer

Chrysler

Invisaline

Children's Nasacort

American Idol

Jungle Book movie

WWF

RAINN

Match.com

Mother's Day movie

Oxygen promo

Star Wars dvd

The Boss movie

Credit Repair Pros

Turbo Tax

Act Mouthwash x2

Checkers and Rally's

Thanks very much, @Chickenbutt, for giving a rundown of the AZ advertisers. I don't have access to TLC at the moment, and I appreciate knowing who our local advertisers are.

Thank you, too, @Hiddenomaha

and @DaysAgo!

Edited by Season of life...

Cable and satellite providers won't pull their advertising. The show is being broadcast on a channel they carry.

• Upvote 2

That fruitocracy is a newer Dole product? I think we have some in the house I got with a coupon. Time to take a pic and write a letter.

• Upvote 2

Got a letter back from Dole and I saw they posted as well on face book.

The Fruitocracy ad that you saw on "Jill & Jessa" on TLC should not have aired. This show is on our "Do Not Advertise List". Our apologies.

• Upvote 6

I just received a response back from Lysol. They have no concerns about airing their commercials during Counting On.

They "...do not believe it to be our role to censor the content of television programming...". They have strict guidelines, and Counting On obviously meets their criteria.

In a nutshell, they said that different people are offended by different things and it is not their responsibility to dictate taste. Apparently, "...applying standards to taste is not a simple task."

It was a rather condescending, bordering on rude, reply and as such I will no longer be purchasing products from this company. 

• Upvote 5

Thank you for posting.  I get one of their products, but no more.  Fuck them.  Child abuse isn't a matter of "taste".

• Upvote 9

Advertisers in Arizona 4/12

Disney The Huntsman

Zyrtec

CNBC Billion Dollar Buyer

TLC x2

Disney Jungle Book

Spray Perfect Nail Polish

TLC x3

TLC x2

Botox

NBC Game of Silence